Marion, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2010

Judged:

Well Citizen to answer your question, I lived in Bristol at the time and NO I wasn't cleaned up I still looked the same as I did in Chilhowie at Woody's.

Bottom line, Matt's has my business and everyone I can convince to go there over Woody's from now on.
Citizen

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2010

Judged:

2 Stepper wrote:
Well Citizen to answer your question, I lived in Bristol at the time and NO I wasn't cleaned up I still looked the same as I did in Chilhowie at Woody's.
Bottom line, Matt's has my business and everyone I can convince to go there over Woody's from now on.
Hey you gotta do what you gotta do....I'm glad you got a guitar so have fun and rock with it.
2 Stepper

Marion, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2010

Judged:

Thank you

Since: Sep 10

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2010

Judged:

Several years ago he was selling power amps with the serial#`s filed off duh i guess every picture does tell a story plus there are better places to shop with better prices and a hell of a lot better attitude Iam going south next time and o yes he has been investigated also in the past just ask one of the Davidson`s from saltville
opinionated

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2010

Judged:

I had a bad experiance with him too... Treated me like I was bothering him by being there and like I was stupid since I was a female buying guitar strings. I will never go in there again, not even for a pick! I would much rather make the drive to Abingdon to Matt Smiths. They are SO friendly and very helpful.
Deviant

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2012

Judged:

Crap selection and ridiculously overblown prices. I mean, Woody has always seemed like a nice enough guy (although he does tend to speak to customers that he doesn't personally know like they know nothing about guitars,) but I still say it would be worth anyone's trouble to visit one of the music shops in Abingdon or Bristol; you'll get better prices, selection, and service.
Jessica

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

For some reason Deviant sounds like my brother. Ha. Lol. But I live right across the street from that place and he is always blaring music. He has even woken me up to that music. And in the summer time he will rev the engine to his stupid motorcycle. What the hell is the point of just sitting the motorcycle there day after day and revving the motor and not even driving it????? He is what, 60? He has no business being on something like that looking as old as he does. Plus he is a POS for doing what he did to his wife. I can't believe he thinks he so good looking that he had to cheat on his wife. I sure hope she got a pretty penny out of him. My mom used to work at the Texico station and she said he would always come in acting like a complete dick and like he was better than everyone else. One day I was standing outside with one of my friends waiting on someone and he pulls into the parking lot and then asks us if we have a problem. I thought what the fuck?!?!?! We weren't bothering anyone and he had no business talking to us like that! I've seen first hand that he doesn't get a lot of business. He closes early when he doesn't have customers and he isn't even there most of the day when he is suppose to be. If he is going to be open he should be open at night when he is actually there. He stays there all night and blares his music. If I can hear the shit I'm sure the people who live right behind it can hear it and I'm surprised no one has called the law on him. I think it's about time he get a life.
pep

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

Judged:

I was really shocked when we contacted Woody about an instrument for my child in the band. All we had was a question about whether or not he could order a part for it and help us understand what was wrong. We knew nothing about the instrument ourselves and him being local, we thought he would help us understand the problem and help if he could. Instead he strugged us off and said he didnt have time to "fool with problems associated with schools", we understand that he could have been busy or whatever, but with the comment and the demeanor he had, we were forced to go elsewhere, out of town as usual. How can you support local businesse when people have this personality and attitude?? People want our kids to stay here, but with no jobs and no prospect of anything that will liven this place up, it's no wonder why people leave. Im glad others have had good business with him! I really guess in Chilhowie, it's who you know!
sukitwoody

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

Judged:

he should know about band instruments I heard he had a bad habit of stealing them back in the day(Rich Valley)
JustMe1970

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

Woodys wife's boyfriend, Greg thinks Woody is an a**hole........LOL!!!! Always three sides to a divorce and that would be his, hers and the truth.
concerned

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Judged:

I read a post in herre about woody only doing local fairs and small gigs. he has worked and traveled all over the US working for BIG name Artist. I have even had the pleasure to meet several top rated, famous people through him.

For guy who walked in to his store wanting to try out a guitar with dirty cloths on. If you would have wanted to tryout my guitar in my store in same shape, I would have said no. These instruments are delicate and what would have happened if you got the instrument dirty and did not buy it. You are talking about Woody having to replace the strings and clean the guitar. Cost him
Dirty or clean

Burlington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

Woody is still an ASS - whether you are buying strings or instruments ... it's like you ( THE Customer ) are a bother ?
Does not keep hours as posted either !
I buy my music supplies elswhere !
IT REALLY SUX

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2012

Judged:

I went to price some things from Woody's. He was overpriced. Acted as if he was not interested in selling me anything. Except high dollar stuff that I did not need. Will not go back for anything else., 2 trips to get equipment and 2 bad experiences.
Whootie

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

Judged:

concerned wrote:
I read a post in herre about woody only doing local fairs and small gigs. he has worked and traveled all over the US working for BIG name Artist. I have even had the pleasure to meet several top rated, famous people through him.
For guy who walked in to his store wanting to try out a guitar with dirty cloths on. If you would have wanted to tryout my guitar in my store in same shape, I would have said no. These instruments are delicate and what would have happened if you got the instrument dirty and did not buy it. You are talking about Woody having to replace the strings and clean the guitar. Cost him
Devan must have written this.LOL!
Jessica

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

JustMe1970 wrote:
Woodys wife's boyfriend, Greg thinks Woody is an a**hole........LOL!!!! Always three sides to a divorce and that would be his, hers and the truth.
The truth is is that he cheated on his wife with some desperate skank who would date an short, fat, old, ugly looking man just because he had money. I've seen her at the store a few times and she looks to be about my age which is in the 20's and he's at least 50. Very desperate for the both of them. But it's a good thing she got away from him because he's going to keep acting like an a**hole to everyone around him and he will eventually be broke and homeless and won't have anywhere to go because as soon as he loses all his money that skank is going to leave him for someone who is rich. Karma is going to get that old man.
Jessica MG

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

I had to call the law on that man the other day. I was asleep and I was woken up because he was revving the engine on that motorcycle for no apparent reason. Well the first time I called and all the cop did was drive by. Didn't bother to stop and go into the store. Clearly because he wasn't standing outside with his bike that means that I was lying about what he was doing. Well about an hour to two later he started it again waking my brother up. My brother called the cops and they actually stopped and talked to him this time only because he was outside with his bike. It's against the law to be doing that around here. If he wants to do that crap at his store then he needs to move it somewhere other than a residential area. Next time he does it I am calling the cops again. I'm not putting up with it anymore. He will learn way one or another.
swamp dude

Marion, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

I know for a fact that he stole some mics from terry moore and jim cornick several years ago I have seen
power amps that he had for sale with the serial# filed off yep hes a thief a cheat and a liar
thats how he survives it might catch up with him one day we hope
woody you need to find god!
as dirty as they come

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

drugs, druges, drugs.
too much noise

Glade Spring, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Jessica MG wrote:
I had to call the law on that man the other day. I was asleep and I was woken up because he was revving the engine on that motorcycle for no apparent reason. Well the first time I called and all the cop did was drive by. Didn't bother to stop and go into the store. Clearly because he wasn't standing outside with his bike that means that I was lying about what he was doing. Well about an hour to two later he started it again waking my brother up. My brother called the cops and they actually stopped and talked to him this time only because he was outside with his bike. It's against the law to be doing that around here. If he wants to do that crap at his store then he needs to move it somewhere other than a residential area. Next time he does it I am calling the cops again. I'm not putting up with it anymore. He will learn way one or another.
keep calling, but I doubt they will do anything, I use to call him about all that noise, didn't bother ole woody one bit. And I hate that motorcycle, sometimes I think it will buckle under him.
snoopy

Marion, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

2 stepper wrote:
Well I"m not sure what that has to do with anything, considering I was wanting to pay cash for a $700.00 guitar??
But just to apieze you I've lived in Washington Co. all my life. I worked in Chilhowie for 10 years and now I work in Smyth Co.
What does that have to do with anything?? Bottom line is, I was a customer that got shrugged off because of the way I looked at the time, so I took my business elsewhere, woody is NOT the only place that sells professional musical equipment in the area regardless of what he thinks!
Maybe he should stick to what he does best. Providing a somewhat decent sound system for local fairs.
Iam from DC too he is a joke joke joke idiot theif piece of dog crap

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Chilhowie Forum right now

Search the Chilhowie Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
police on dry fork (Oct '13) 9 hr Looking 6
Michelle Doss- Halle Petree 19 hr jealous 5
michelle and halle Mon bollt 1
Looking for a man late 40's name is Steve he is... Mon zeustoots 3
Who owns what in Chilhowie? Jul 26 lol 2
chilhowie sports Jul 26 brandi 4
Try Marion Jul 25 curious 5
•••
•••