First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Taxed Taxpayer

Van Nuys, CA

#1 Dec 13, 2012
Please quit spending our tax monies so frivously.
Spend that money toward educational tools for our children instead of inflating your own ego,we have enough of that nonsense going on at the court house.
TNT

Wichita Falls, TX

#2 Dec 14, 2012
Seems to me that the boys did quite well practicing and playing on God's own dirt and grass. I too hope that the school doesn't spend our money so frivously. There are a lot of other things that should come before almighty FOOTBALL.
Deborah Brownlow

San Jose, CA

#3 Dec 14, 2012
Taxed Taxpayer wrote:
Spend that money toward educational tools for our children instead of inflating your own ego,we have enough of that nonsense going on at the court house.
How about spend that money on textbooks, teacher raises, improved educational (note I did not reference athletic) facilities, improved curriculum presentation; an advanced math and science program; improved technology program; vocational program for those who haven't the means or desire to go to college immediately after high school; scholarships for those who are truly disadvantaged and cannot attend college without assistance (seriously, how many students, just from this school system have received scholarships that have family pockets deep enough to send them to higher education without creating financial stress or hardship); stock the school store room with kleenex, pencils, construction paper, elmers glue, erasers, scissors, backpacks, notebook paper, etc...... you know, that impossibly long list of items that all parents have to buy 10x more than what their child needs in order to provide for those who cannot provide their own. If the school has the money for artificial turf, then perhaps it should provide something a bit more tangible that all the students can benefit from.

Of course, when I had this discussion with Terry Allen several years ago it was his position that high school football far outweighed academics in importance, not only in Texas but particularly in Quanah. And guess what, it is because the parents haven't demanded that the priorities of the school system change, therefore it is what it is.
not a sports fan

Van Nuys, CA

#4 Dec 14, 2012
Abolish FootBall !
Proud Quanah Native

Wichita Falls, TX

#5 Dec 14, 2012
Deborah Brownlow wrote:
<quoted text>
How about spend that money on textbooks, teacher raises, improved educational (note I did not reference athletic) facilities, improved curriculum presentation; an advanced math and science program; improved technology program; vocational program for those who haven't the means or desire to go to college immediately after high school; scholarships for those who are truly disadvantaged and cannot attend college without assistance (seriously, how many students, just from this school system have received scholarships that have family pockets deep enough to send them to higher education without creating financial stress or hardship); stock the school store room with kleenex, pencils, construction paper, elmers glue, erasers, scissors, backpacks, notebook paper, etc...... you know, that impossibly long list of items that all parents have to buy 10x more than what their child needs in order to provide for those who cannot provide their own. If the school has the money for artificial turf, then perhaps it should provide something a bit more tangible that all the students can benefit from.
Of course, when I had this discussion with Terry Allen several years ago it was his position that high school football far outweighed academics in importance, not only in Texas but particularly in Quanah. And guess what, it is because the parents haven't demanded that the priorities of the school system change, therefore it is what it is.
I will admit I am a High School Football Fanatic but lets look at the big picture....From Pre-K through High School every room has a projector and projector screen to help with education, From 4th grade to High School some type of technology is provided for each student whether it be an Ipad or Macbook. The technology takes the place of the books. Let's also mention every teacher in the Distric has a Macbook as well. To further my point, none of the Elementary kids had to pay for their school supplies this year.:) When you bring up the argue about scholarships, every kid has the same oppurtunity as the rest. Each scholarship is based on the academics and school participation while in High School. Finances should never stop a child from furthering their education beyond High School. Matter of fact, the kids who live in a low income family have the advantage of getting their school paid for IF they choose. Nothing is ever given to a child. They must at least take the effort. God Bless!
TNT

Wichita Falls, TX

#6 Dec 15, 2012
not a sports fan wrote:
Abolish FootBall !
I think that they should give volleyball and soccer a try. Basketball and football's getting a little boring.
catman

Wichita Falls, TX

#7 Dec 17, 2012
Taxed Taxpayer wrote:
After what happened in Newtown, Conn. we might want to spend $$ on armed guards at each of our campsus's.
yep

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Dec 19, 2012
Debbie why do you always give your 2 cents no one cares what you gotta say ya 4 eyed over weight whale...
dude

Wichita Falls, TX

#9 Dec 19, 2012
yep wrote:
Debbie why do you always give your 2 cents no one cares what you gotta say ya 4 eyed over weight whale...
way to tell the fat bitch
Jobie Ratliff

Van Nuys, CA

#10 Dec 21, 2012
yep wrote:
How can a person from Quanah, Texas be soo cruel with words. This used to be a wonderful place to live. What happen?
Jobie Ratliff

Van Nuys, CA

#11 Dec 21, 2012
you all have lost your minds. You should not talk about people like that. What if you were her do you think for a minute, she would say these nasty things about you?
Deborah Brownlow

Wichita Falls, TX

#12 Dec 22, 2012
yep wrote:
Your powers of observation amaze me - you have so succinctly stated the obvious. Just for the sake of clarification and accuracy, overweight is one word, not two, and 4 eyed should be hypenated (4-eyed).

As for giving my two cents, if no one cares, why the beef? Ignore it.....
Your Taxes

Amarillo, TX

#13 Dec 29, 2012
Really people, the AT does not come from your taxes!!! Do your homework before you complain.... Seems like thats all you people do in Quanah. How about just leaving the town if it is such a horrible place to live, if not shut your traps!
your an idiot

Van Nuys, CA

#14 Dec 29, 2012
Your Taxes wrote:
Really people, the AT does not come from your taxes!!! Do your homework before you complain.... Seems like thats all you people do in Quanah. How about just leaving the town if it is such a horrible place to live, if not shut your traps!
you mean its free?
if not taxes then where?
Chester

United States

#15 Jan 23, 2013
You people need to keep your opinions to your self if I want artificial turf then we will have it cause I say so!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16 Jan 23, 2013
your an idiot wrote:
<quoted text>you mean its free?
if not taxes then where?
If you're going to call someone an idiot (your name is 'your an idiot'), then at least take the time to spell "you're" right. You sound like the idiot.
your an idiot

Van Nuys, CA

#17 Jan 23, 2013
Simon Riley wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're going to call someone an idiot (your name is 'your an idiot'), then at least take the time to spell "you're" right. You sound like the idiot.
by correcting my grammar you are admitting that you understood what I was getting at,right?
your an idiot

Van Nuys, CA

#18 Jan 23, 2013
if not from taxes then where does it come from,
maybe perhaps from the magical money tree that is paying for the courthouse renovation?
what ever

Bowie, TX

#19 Jan 23, 2013
Deborah Brownlow wrote:
<quoted text>
I will admit I am a High School Football Fanatic but lets look at the big picture....From Pre-K through High School every room has a projector and projector screen to help with education, From 4th grade to High School some type of technology is provided for each student whether it be an Ipad or Macbook. The technology takes the place of the books. Let's also mention every teacher in the Distric has a Macbook as well. To further my point, none of the Elementary kids had to pay for their school supplies this year.:) When you bring up the argue about scholarships, every kid has the same oppurtunity as the rest. Each scholarship is based on the academics and school participation while in High School. Finances should never stop a child from furthering their education beyond High School. Matter of fact, the kids who live in a low income family have the advantage of getting their school paid for IF they choose. Nothing is ever given to a child. They must at least take the effort. God Bless!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#20 Jan 24, 2013
your an idiot wrote:
<quoted text>by correcting my grammar you are admitting that you understood what I was getting at,right?
Yes, I did understand what you were trying to say. I use to work with offenders so I'm use to recognizing that level of education, or if any at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Childress Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Legacy of famous Texas frontier family thrives 16 hr WorkerBees 1
David Dockery Fri Funny 1
who's the tat faced guy at 287 diesel???? Fri heather 8
Donnie Heard Fri Oilfield trash 10
The way things work here (Jan '14) Thu seeing is believing 24
old beat up maroon dodge pick up truck Dec 24 Hawkeye 10
Karen Jennings (May '14) Dec 23 Who 42
Childress Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web