Childress Sheriff that went jail???

Childress Sheriff that went jail???

Posted in the Childress Forum

Todd

Bozeman, MT

#1 May 1, 2009
This was years ago, but what was the name of the Childress Sheriff that went to jail? Also, how did that affect the cases he was involved in?
SMD

United States

#2 May 28, 2009
Todd wrote:
This was years ago, but what was the name of the Childress Sheriff that went to jail? Also, how did that affect the cases he was involved in?

his name is darin smith
NoloMeTangere

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jun 27, 2009
Sheriff Claude Lane was arrested, tried, found guilty, and sent to prison. He died not long after being released.
Todd

Bozeman, MT

#4 Jun 27, 2009
NoloMeTangere wrote:
Sheriff Claude Lane was arrested, tried, found guilty, and sent to prison. He died not long after being released.
Hey, thanks for that help and that sounds right to me. I knew his name wasn't Darin Smith. How would somebody in PA know this? Did you ever live in Childress or something like that?
Tx_Chick

Archer City, TX

#5 Mar 26, 2010
Yes Darin Smith did go to jail and also ran out of Childress. He went to Jail on drugs and his wife went to jail also for geting payed by the city and never working. They had a speed chase down the road i lived on and went threw a few fences.
I P FREELY

Quanah, TX

#6 Apr 8, 2010
Tx_Chick wrote:
Yes Darin Smith did go to jail and also ran out of Childress. He went to Jail on drugs and his wife went to jail also for geting payed by the city and never working. They had a speed chase down the road i lived on and went threw a few fences.
please tell me what year this was.was he working closely in crime with a sheriff maybe about thirty miles east of childress.
Warrior Woman

Crowell, TX

#7 Apr 20, 2010
Are you talking about Quanah?
Rebel

Vernon, TX

#8 Apr 21, 2010
Todd wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, thanks for that help and that sounds right to me. I knew his name wasn't Darin Smith. How would somebody in PA know this? Did you ever live in Childress or something like that?
News travels fast, especially bad news. Good ridiance for Childress.
Tx_chick

Archer City, TX

#9 May 10, 2010
i think it was like 1998-2000 or some where around there.
TX_FACTS

Abilene, TX

#10 Mar 20, 2012
Tx_Chick wrote:
Her are the FACTS!!! He did not go to jail for drugs, nor was he ran out of town. His wife was never paid money by the city or the county. Where do you come up with this stuff?
He resigned his position when his wife wanted to move home to be with her family and yes, there was an acident, not a speed chase. When he resigned, Janie Orcutt had been ncomplaining that his wife shouldnt be able to write bonds because she was married to the Sheriff but according to Jail Standards, she was within the rules. After Jay Foster, Texas Ranger had went around telling all her clients that their bonds were no good without checking into it first, he had to " save face" so the only thing he could go after her for was writing a bond that exceeded her financial statement. She was told by Chief Deputy Pigg and her husband, Darin Smith, that they allowed all the bondsman do that because if they didnt, the jail would be overcrowded. He took a lot of bits from here and there mixed with a lot of his personal thoughts and feelings and twisted it instead of getting the TRUTH!!! Know what you are talking about before you go around making false statements
Citizen

United States

#11 Mar 27, 2012
Tx_chick wrote:
i think it was like 1998-2000 or some where around there.
Your facts are wrong.Darin was still sheriff in 2004.He is a good man that held a hard job position.He did resign and moved with his family.You are thinking of another Childress sheriff that held the office before Smith, who took over the sheriff's office with a mess to clean up.
MJC

Yukon, OK

#12 Oct 10, 2012
Darrin Smith was a joke of a sherriff

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Childress Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quanah drug dealers Tue lechas 2
Local Allsups... Jul 23 As I see it 4
Revenge for Hire Jul 23 Vengeance For Hire 1
Cheating Husbands and Wives Jul 19 QCC swimming pool 10
Deana Ford AKA Deana Hamm (Sep '16) Jul 19 Murphy04 13
Police Misconduct Jun 27 Otis 2
Never move to Quanah (Jul '10) Jun 26 Reggie 22

Childress Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance