Church, state agency deal with activi...

Church, state agency deal with activities of former priest

There are 1 comment on the Iobserve story from Jun 7, 2010, titled Church, state agency deal with activities of former priest. In it, Iobserve reports that:

Recent activities of a laicized priest who worked for many years at the Massachusetts Department of Social Services has raised questions about how "zero tolerance" policies towards individuals credibly accused of sexually abusing a minor can be enforced.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Iobserve.

kathy

Upton, MA

#1 Jun 7, 2010
The answer to the questions they present all lie in the confidentiality clauses contained within these agreements. The Church and the victim were prevented from telling anyone, including his employer DSS, that he had reached a settlement agreement. He obviously did not tell them either and the secrecy of his abuse continued for all these years. Others are taking the blame when in fact the blame lies with Blanchard and the Bishop, both whom should have known the situation and followed Church policy. It is why the Diocese needs to release a list of all credibly accused priest so that this situation never happens again. Even Msgr. Farland did not know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicopee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillcrest buys St. Mark's School 19 hr Cops are degenerates 2
News Pittsfield could see dozens of Syrian, Iraqi re... Wed The Worlds Bigges... 24
the music thread (Mar '12) Wed Musikologist 21
News Leroy Cortes of Greenfield dead, Luis Rivera of... (Sep '10) Nov 25 Maria 23
News New Pittsfield to Welcome Syrian RefugeesSeptem... Nov 22 Ficken in German 117
News CPA will soon begin paying dividends for Pittsf... Nov 20 the city I hate 1
News George W. Bush did not vote for Hillary Clinton Nov 18 Mohammad Ahsanul ... 1

Chicopee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicopee Mortgages