Milton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2008

Judged:

Awful. This man was terribly rude and inconsiderate of both my pet and me. He insulted me, the name I gave to my pet, and kept calling my pet strange. I cannot believe I PAID MONEY to come see this guy!
Robert

Beverly, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

Very Disappointed wrote:
Awful. This man was terribly rude and inconsiderate of both my pet and me. He insulted me, the name I gave to my pet, and kept calling my pet strange. I cannot believe I PAID MONEY to come see this guy!

we love Dr. Tom his bed side manner may not be perfect but he gets to the point, is efficent and he saves you money... if you want your ass kissed go somewhere else
hang3xc

Lynn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2008

Judged:

WOW, "if you want your ASS KISSED go somewhere else"?!?! Hopefully EVERYONE will go somewhere else. When going to a "professional", people feel they should be treated PROFESSIONALLY! Nobody needs their "ass kissed", but everyone wants to be treated with some RESPECT.
Does Dr. Tom know you spoke for him and told all his customers and potential customers to GO SOMEWHERE ELSE if they wanted their "ass kissed" (treated respectfully)???
Attitudes like YOURS, Robert, put people out of business! Lack of professionalism, courtesy, and respect from the "Dr" and NOW his lackey. Good going!
advocate for animals

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2008

Judged:

No, Robert made his point quite nicely - it is you who has an attitude problem - and neither your comments or Robert's will keep anyone from having Dr. Tom as their vet. Anyone who knows him will continue to go to him because he saves animals. In addition, those people will continue to recommend him - so I'm sure his business will be just fine. Don't worry, anything you, Robert or anyone else says will not "put him out of business." I'm sure Dr. Tom does not know that Robert spoke for him - because he did NOT speak for him - he was expressing HIS opinion.
and - contrary to your comments - there is a difference between getting your "ass kissed" and being respected and it sounds to me like you and the first person to comment are expecting both.
hang3xc wrote:
WOW, "if you want your ASS KISSED go somewhere else"?!?! Hopefully EVERYONE will go somewhere else. When going to a "professional", people feel they should be treated PROFESSIONALLY! Nobody needs their "ass kissed", but everyone wants to be treated with some RESPECT.
Does Dr. Tom know you spoke for him and told all his customers and potential customers to GO SOMEWHERE ELSE if they wanted their "ass kissed" (treated respectfully)???
Attitudes like YOURS, Robert, put people out of business! Lack of professionalism, courtesy, and respect from the "Dr" and NOW his lackey. Good going!
New Owner

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2008

Judged:

Well I certainly will find a different place to go after reading this. I have been looking for a place to take my pets since moving to the area and this is the third report I have read about a rude attitude of dvm's at this site. Looks likes I'll being going to a feline hospital in salem.
NSAH fan

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2009

Judged:

You are obviously missing the point - it's a great place - they save animals and they care about animals - talk to animal owners - educate yourself - try them out - they only do the tests and meds that are necessary unlike most other places in the area - you will pay much more at Feline in Salem.
New Owner wrote:
Well I certainly will find a different place to go after reading this. I have been looking for a place to take my pets since moving to the area and this is the third report I have read about a rude attitude of dvm's at this site. Looks likes I'll being going to a feline hospital in salem.
Susan Pedicini

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2010

Judged:

I got my dog, Nomar, 3 weeks ago from a Rescue and I've been taking him to North Shore Animal Hospital in Lynn for his checkups. This morning Nomar started throwing up so I brought him in to make sure everything was okay. I was treated so rudely by Thomas Szczawinski that I left in tears. He told me Nomar had a virus and I should "just deal with it." He told me "don't let him eat his own crap" which I obviously don't. He then placed pockets of fluid under Nomar's skin to hydrate him. When I asked if the procedure hurt, he replied "Why do people ask me that a million times a day? Why would I do something to intentionally hurt your dog?" and then he stormed out angrily. When he came back he gave Nomar a shot to stop him from vomiting, which caused Nomar to pee. To this, the vet replied, "Ug - he's pissing all over himself". Finally, when I left the vet said "You know-- God gave us brains as well as muscles. I'd recommend you don't forget to use your brain." He talked a million miles a minute and didn't let me ask any questions before I was ushered out the door-- nor did he let me know what kind of side effects I could expect from the fluid procedure, shot, or pills he gave my dog.

I am an incredibly intelligent person with a degree and I have raised dogs before. I only feed my dog top-of-the-line products and I never let him eat human food or eat his own feces. I don't need a vet to coddle me, but I do expect common decency from ANYONE I do business with. I appreciate that he diagnosed and treated my dog but I refuse to go back to anyone who treats me like I'm an idiot. There are plenty of other capable, intelligent vets who will answer my questions and who will treat me with the respect I deserve.
Kevin Burke

Lynn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Judged:

I recently brought our ill cat to N.S.A.H,and Doctor Tom was a complete and a total professional.He treated our cat as if it were his own.I can only speak for myself,but if I went to N.S A.H,I would ask for Doctor Tom every visit,I think he is just that good.
Nicole

Beverly, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Judged:

I highly recommend Dr Pett (not a joke) in Hamilton. Their office staff is so friendly and helpful (unlike NSAH) and Dr Pett is lovely! I have gone to NSAH to buy pet food and vowed never to take my pets there based on the interactions I had with the office staff. Now I know I made the right choice.
Sick of bs

Lynn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
we love Dr. Tom his bed side manner may not be perfect but he gets to the point, is efficent and he saves you money... if you want your ass kissed go somewhere else
Nobody wants their ass kissed. They jut want to be treated with dignity and respect. Not too much to ask for. You' must be Dr. Tom!
DR TOM IS THE WORST

Lynn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

I can NOT believe this man still practices. He treated me, my cat, and my 2.5 year old daughter so rudely and I am in the process of reporting him to the board, and the hospital manager Lauren Lacey. I would suggest if you have a bad experience please write a letter and report him.
Dave C

Salem, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

My wife recently brought our cat to North Shore Animal Hospital in Lynn. I was working so unfortunately couldn't go. She left the place in tears because of Tom Szczawinski. He was rough with our cat, spoke down to my wife and treated her with utter disrespect in front of our 2-year-old daughter. I really wish I had been there. I'm curious if he is only this much of an ass to women, or if he would act like that in front of someone who would have no problem straightening him out. We will never go back to North Shore Animal Hospital. My wife asked the front desk if anyone has complained about him and they said, "Many people either love him or hate him." If half the people he speaks to hate him, maybe this isn't the work for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicopee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicopee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••