Chico Enterprise Record - Local TV we...

Chico Enterprise Record - Local TV weatherman heading to Florida

There are 17 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Chico Enterprise Record - Local TV weatherman heading to Florida. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Local TV weather forecaster Dave Vanore has accepted a position at "First Coast News" in Jacksonville, Fla.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

Roger Jensen

Chico, CA

#1 Jan 22, 2008
Bring back Anthony Watts!!
George

Chico, CA

#2 Jan 22, 2008
Put Anthony Watts back in the weatherman's chair.
jane s

Chico, CA

#3 Jan 23, 2008
Sorry We will miss you
Kris Sux

Marysville, CA

#4 Jan 23, 2008
First they moved the only qualified meterologist to WEEKEND duty and make freakboy Kris Kuyper the chief meterologist and now they lose Vanore for good. Nice going KHSL/KNVN! ANYONE would be better than Kris Kuyper. I just do not like that guy.
Dick Maxwell

United States

#5 Jan 28, 2008
Good luck Dave, to you and all of yours. You appear to be a very nice person, and we will miss you. Have fun doem there in Florida....but...watch out for OJ...-:)
Dick
Julie

San Francisco, CA

#6 Feb 11, 2008
The new weatherman Kris seems like a very nice man. And he's usually right about the forecast. And we don't have to hear about the pig anymore.
Khan

Chico, CA

#7 Feb 12, 2008
Anthony Watts is personally not a nice person. If you meet him when he dosent have to be a Nice weather man he's a real D*** Head! Also he isnt a certified meteorologists!! And he did a horrible job as a member of the board of education.
Chris Stevens

Hayward, CA

#8 Feb 17, 2008
According to Dave Vanore:

"This was the one location I had hoped for with everything it offers for our family. Although it was difficult leaving my pot-bellied pig Winnie behind in California. At 140 lbs. the ol' girl just can't travel anymore... I will miss her. Perhaps I'll adopt another."
Vern

AOL

#9 Feb 17, 2008
Thats old news
Mark

AOL

#10 Jul 21, 2008
Dave Vanore has been a good friend of mine since we served together in the weather office of the USS Ranger in the Navy, during the mid '80s. He even visited with me at my home in Mississippi. He stuck with weather, while I became a novelist. Go figure.
fannie batcliff

Sacramento, CA

#11 Nov 16, 2008
This guy does the weather like Frankenstein's monster.
I keep expecting him to say, "Uhhhh rain bad!"
Florida Geezer

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Feb 9, 2009
And now Dave Vanore is no more in Jacksonville; laid off by First Coast News and his last cast was Sunday, Feb. 8.
G8ter Hater

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Mar 5, 2009
Long lost Dave Vanore..
Elvis has left the building now that he has left First Coast News.
He was fun to watch on First Coast News... Something about Dave having a pot belly pig..

The Watcher

Lindsay, CA

#15 May 7, 2009
If KHSL/KNVN had any sense at all, they'd bring back Mr. V. Dave is smart unlike the buffoons they have now.

Kris Kuyper says pretty much the same stuff every day no matter if the weather changes or not. He has a speech problem with the "S's" and "R's" and is difficult to understand. He loves the camera, but the camera doesn't love him. He's awkward and doesn't come across as having any imagination or intelligence. If you look at a picture of him (yuk) he looks like a moderate functioning challenged person. His eyes show a clear vacancy. Have you looked at his mouth? He must have done something about the extra saliva that he used to have, or they stopped doing close-ups on his rank mug. We used to call him "slurpy". Now we call him Mr. Slurp. Reconstructive surgery is about the only chance he has of appearing half way normal or attractive. If you put a bag over his head, he'd be better off and so would we. His only redeeming quality is his physique. And this guy is breeding! His voice modulation is really difficult to listen to. It's like half the time he doesn't want to be heard. Some people are made for TV. Kris Kuyper is not. No brains and no looks. It's simple. No camera for you! He sure likes to pose like he is in love with the camera.

Rob Blair--it's like he's talking valley-girl to little old folks all the time. What happened to him lately? He swelled up. That was scary. Sorry Rob. You can't blame that on allergies. Poor guy. He tries to be witty but falls flat on his face most of the time. When someone says "Rob Blair", I think "light in the loafers".

Anthony Watts reminds me of Dave Vanore's pig--and he's creepy.

BRING BACK MR. V! He's no super model, but he's a huge step above the current dorks. He added some much needed class to the joint. The pig thing was probably an attempt to get kids interested in the news. That's smart on his part.
Jason

United States

#16 Nov 8, 2009
Anybody worth their salt on this station goes to Florida. Lets send Rob Blair there and bring back the good ones. I rarely watch KHSL news anynore. They obviously care little about their viewers as they only hire minimum wage personalities to do the broadcasts
MJG

Sacramento, CA

#17 May 3, 2012
This is to "The Watcher"....Where do you get off being so judgmental regarding Kris Kuyper and Rob Blair. I think they do a real fine job at what they do and they didn't get we're they are by being illiterate. I think that makes you extremely ignorant to judge people by there looks. What do you look like? How would you like to be judged! No need to be nasty!
Contagious

Chico, CA

#18 May 6, 2012
Khan wrote:
Anthony Watts is personally not a nice person. If you meet him when he dosent have to be a Nice weather man he's a real D*** Head! Also he isnt a certified meteorologists!! And he did a horrible job as a member of the board of education.
Kris Kuyper is also rude and unfriendly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA slaps TRUMP and HACK-A-BEE 6 min GRANDPA NICOLAI 13
SOLAR is the WAY TO GO 10 min GRANDPA NICOLAI 62
Another mass shooting 16 min GRANDPA NOT A LIAR 71
BOEING CEO Set to Receive $ 3.9 Million Per Yea... 20 min GRANDPA NOT A LIAR 62
Cincinnati campus police officer charged with m... 22 min GRANDPA NICOLAI 15
Why are there so many rules? 33 min GRANDPA NOT A LIAR 24
Faux Global Warming (Nov '14) 33 min GRANDPA NICOLAI 874
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chico Mortgages