Ridge parents arrested in child's death

Ridge parents arrested in child's death

There are 37 comments on the The Paradise Post story from Feb 9, 2010, titled Ridge parents arrested in child's death. In it, The Paradise Post reports that:

Two Paradise residents were arrested after their 7-year-old adopted child died early Saturday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Paradise Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sad

Washington, DC

#1 Feb 9, 2010
The ramifications that this case potentially holds are huge.
This will directly reflect on Paradise, the North State and the US in general. Various areas of the African continent are working with our government to give their children a chance at a better life.
Situations like this shut down adoption agencies and programs all over the world. It could prevent thousands of children from being brought into the US and placed with their adoptive families.
Shame on us all for not being more aware, and better educated on the issue. Shame on us for not being better neighbors, better friends. Shame on us for not being the people that these poor children could have come to.
Judgment will fall, but it is our RESPONSIBILITY to learn and change how we are because of cases like this.
One person, just ONE could have saved that girls life.
Shame on us for not doing more.
Rhea Strand

Durham, CA

#2 Feb 9, 2010
I just pray the people responsible for this abuse will get what they deserve. I pray the Paradise Police Department is equipped enough to do the best investigation ever into this horrible incident. I pray the 11 year old girl will survive and be helpful in order to prosecute these people like they should be. I will never understand this if I live to be 100 years old.
paradise mom

Chico, CA

#3 Feb 9, 2010
I agree with Sad, I am confused and heartbroken that this sort of tragedy could happen just a few blocks from my home. The very first sign of abuse and neglect is isolation. These children were completely isolated, that is how it happened. The abusers made sure that the children were kept away from outsiders who might have noticed bruising or other signs. Good church-going folk my eye, these folks have an express elevator to hell waiting for them.
Tanya

Gilberts, IL

#4 Feb 9, 2010
I hope that the prosecutors in this matter are able to get the maximum sentence for these horrific and monstrous individuals. Hell may have a special punishment for people who commit heinous crimes against children, the most defenseless and innocent members of our society, but prisons tend to have their own kind of justice as well, and I hope they meet both in abundance and soon.
Vacaville Mom

Hayward, CA

#5 Feb 9, 2010
just horrifying. And way to be a bad representation of homeschoolers.
countryliving

Durham, CA

#6 Feb 9, 2010
Lets face it--The legal system and child protective services are not set up to protect children!!

The system protect's the rights of the abuser, and in cases like this usually end up with some poor plea bargin, and they get to go back to their lives.

I think that the comments of Sad, bothers me, you seem to be more concern with the way this case looks and not on the Children.

People like you are like the people next door, you are more concern with how thing's look.
Good Lord

Chico, CA

#7 Feb 9, 2010
Vacaville Mom wrote:
just horrifying. And way to be a bad representation of homeschoolers.
I think it's more of a bad representation for CHRISTIAN homeschoolers. I'M NOT AT ALL SAYING THAT CHRISTIANS OR HOMESCHOOLING IS BAD/WRONG/ETC...

It just seems (at first glance, without having a lot of facts--I admit) that these people had some sort of sick, perverse way of life that was seemingly rooted in some sick interpretation of Christianity. We'll see how it plays out, but that's how it seems to me.
citizen 4 change

Chico, CA

#8 Feb 9, 2010
Hope hollywood ramsey handles this case better than the serial elder abuser who went on to commit several felonies while released on O.R.
Joshua Hendon

Chico, CA

#9 Feb 9, 2010
Stories like this make me ill, I guess i dont know how to react. These parents should be beaten too death just like they did too that poor little girl. If they do infact get sentenced to a beating to death, i will be first in line to administer it.
pray for them

Cottonwood, CA

#10 Feb 10, 2010
I know I will get grief for this but here it is. We need to pray that justice is done for all here. We are not to judge these people. That is not our job in this world. Pray that justice is done and pray that the children in this situation are able to get the help they need and are not pressured by outside influences that destroy their faith.
Paradise Resident

Chico, CA

#11 Feb 10, 2010
Joshua Hendon wrote:
Stories like this make me ill, I guess i dont know how to react. These parents should be beaten too death just like they did too that poor little girl. If they do infact get sentenced to a beating to death, i will be first in line to administer it.
It is so sickening.. I as a mother/parent feel so angry that a child had to endour this type of treatment by the very people who are supposed to protect and love them. I agree they should be given the maximum punishment possible if convicted.. and also charged for the lives they have left damaged.(their other children) I just don't understand how people can do this to children. And for two adults to be involved and one not stopping the other is mind boggling.

Since: Feb 10

Cambridge, MA

#12 Feb 10, 2010
Paradise Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
It is so sickening.. I as a mother/parent feel so angry that a child had to endour this type of treatment by the very people who are supposed to protect and love them. I agree they should be given the maximum punishment possible if convicted.. and also charged for the lives they have left damaged.(their other children) I just don't understand how people can do this to children. And for two adults to be involved and one not stopping the other is mind boggling.
Agreed. When I first read this article, I cried. Any time I hear of something like this it makes me want to run home and just cuddle and hold my little ones. I cry in sorrow for the life lost, for the little one still in the hospital and the poor children that are left with no parents. I sincerely hope that they find loving and caring homes very soon. If I could afford that many children, I'd take them all in! That way they can see what life is really like. What it's like to have fun and a family that loves you and hugs you and lets you live a life of happiness. May the poor excuses of parents rot to death behind bars.
T- REX

Chico, CA

#13 Feb 10, 2010
What I dont understand is how these people were able to get those kids in the first place and especially adopt them.
My nephew in Ohio has adopted two boys from the Ohio area, each adoption cost him in excess of twenty thousand dollars and he and his wife were subjected to police and FBI investigations in the process,it took over a year to get thier first son and about the same for the second.they went through the same procedures both times before adoption was finally legalised. And here we have a family with several adopted kids, something is very wrong here and I hope the police investigation turns that up.
Paradise Living

Paradise, CA

#14 Feb 10, 2010
This story has sickened me, these innocent beautiful children who had to endure years of abuse. Let's keep these children in our prayers for years to come, lets send them love and peace. It would be wonderful if we could let them know how much they are loved.

Unfortunately people can get children from places like Africa quite easily and inexpensively. I am curious to see if these were even legitimate adoptions or human trafficking which is all too common.

Paradise is not short on christian religious extremism, how sad that a christian home school organization did not do a better job, Or worse yet, was the organization extremist as well. I think the christian homeschooling organization should be investigated to make sure other children are not suffering, isolated from the public under the auspice of "christian" homeschooling. I am not opposed to homeschooling but it clearly needs to be closely monitored for sicko's like these. Extremist christian groups seem to justify evil, hateful, abusive behavior. I have seen such evil and hate justified in the name of Christ, yes, right here in Paradise by esteemed members of the "christian" community. I find it disgusting. I am still recovering from abuse from my "christian" family who are revered leaders in their "christian" church here in Paradise. They will be the first to tell you what good "christians" they are before they proceed slandering everyone else.
Pay Attention

Oroville, CA

#15 Feb 11, 2010
Sad wrote:
The ramifications that this case potentially holds are huge.
This will directly reflect on Paradise, the North State and the US in general. Various areas of the African continent are working with our government to give their children a chance at a better life.
Situations like this shut down adoption agencies and programs all over the world. It could prevent thousands of children from being brought into the US and placed with their adoptive families.
Shame on us all for not being more aware, and better educated on the issue. Shame on us for not being better neighbors, better friends. Shame on us for not being the people that these poor children could have come to.
Judgment will fall, but it is our RESPONSIBILITY to learn and change how we are because of cases like this.
One person, just ONE could have saved that girls life.
Shame on us for not doing more.
I agree completely. Not to blame neighbors but clearly they saw the signs...controlling behavior, homeschooling and religious zealots...a recipe for disaster. Somebody should have called CPS or anyone...but everyone turned a blind eye. Very very sad.
Pay Attention

Oroville, CA

#16 Feb 11, 2010
Paradise Living wrote:
This story has sickened me, these innocent beautiful children who had to endure years of abuse. Let's keep these children in our prayers for years to come, lets send them love and peace. It would be wonderful if we could let them know how much they are loved.
Unfortunately people can get children from places like Africa quite easily and inexpensively. I am curious to see if these were even legitimate adoptions or human trafficking which is all too common.
Paradise is not short on christian religious extremism, how sad that a christian home school organization did not do a better job, Or worse yet, was the organization extremist as well. I think the christian homeschooling organization should be investigated to make sure other children are not suffering, isolated from the public under the auspice of "christian" homeschooling. I am not opposed to homeschooling but it clearly needs to be closely monitored for sicko's like these. Extremist christian groups seem to justify evil, hateful, abusive behavior. I have seen such evil and hate justified in the name of Christ, yes, right here in Paradise by esteemed members of the "christian" community. I find it disgusting. I am still recovering from abuse from my "christian" family who are revered leaders in their "christian" church here in Paradise. They will be the first to tell you what good "christians" they are before they proceed slandering everyone else.
I hope you find peace....I hope these children do too. Paradise churches should be ashamed of themselves.
Get Real

Oroville, CA

#17 Feb 11, 2010
pray for them wrote:
I know I will get grief for this but here it is. We need to pray that justice is done for all here. We are not to judge these people. That is not our job in this world. Pray that justice is done and pray that the children in this situation are able to get the help they need and are not pressured by outside influences that destroy their faith.
I think these poor children have been subjected to enough prayers....the time for action was missed and now that is all that matters. Good luck convincing them that prayers work...their religious freak parents have proved to them quite the opposite.

Yes, you deserve grief for suggesting prayer....how about outing the zealots who homeschool in your church...that would be a good beginning.
Terry

Durham, CA

#19 Feb 11, 2010
Pay Attention wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely. Not to blame neighbors but clearly they saw the signs...controlling behavior, homeschooling and religious zealots...a recipe for disaster. Somebody should have called CPS or anyone...but everyone turned a blind eye. Very very sad.
Hind sight is 20/20!
2nd Grade

Arlington, WA

#20 Feb 11, 2010
The woman was my 2nd grade teacher (at a Christian school), and my favorite teacher. She was so calm and kind. I can't believe this happened. It seems she and her husband were trying to live their own "Christian life" the way they thought they should. But who doesn't know that beating is wrong. How did they sleep at night? I would love to look her in the face and ask her that question.
Questions

Chico, CA

#21 Feb 12, 2010
It just proves you never know a person. You considered her calm & kind. How long ago was this that she was your teacher? Was it before or during her marriage? Did she speak of her children kindly? Would you have thought she was capable of harming a child? So many questions, not enough answers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why to tards think big spoons makes you fat? 26 min No Denying One 220
He who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw s... 9 hr STUPID LIBERALS 34
News Scientists: Global warming's effects speeding up (Nov '09) 16 hr Tree Frog 926
Snipers Protect Fox News 17 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 4
Share a ticket with trump? 18 hr Sunlight Disinfects 11
Easter Cross 22 hr Gorilla 24
Uniforms Intimidate Latinos Sun Grandpa Is a Cholo 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chico Mortgages