Hot under the collar

Hot under the collar

There are 49 comments on the NewsReview.com story from May 3, 2012, titled Hot under the collar. In it, NewsReview.com reports that:

Chico Fire Department Chief Jim Beery's decision to close Fire Station 5 for the next two months has provoked some scowls.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsReview.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1 May 3, 2012
Close more of them!
We need to develop a volunteer system and cut the number of paid fire fighters down to around 10% along with their wages!$250,000.00 a year for one fire captain is insanity equal to the town of Bell and all of its corruption.
FIRE UNIONS ARE EVIL.
Apparently they are blocking media access to interviews of firemen.
We do not need fire trucks dispatched to medical transporting.
They are parasitic union scumbags, worse than dirt bags.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#2 May 3, 2012
>
>
You are flat out nuts...
Laughing Out Loud

Sacramento, CA

#3 May 3, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
>
>
You are flat out nuts...
Let's see, Captains are management, not what are generally referred to as "rank and file" unionized employees. But what -ever. My point here is that a Fire Captain is equal to upper management in private industry yet when is the last time any of the righties have complained about the Fire Captains counterparts in private industry who make millions while raping their employees and running their businesses/companies into bankruptcy?

And when’s the last time one of those thieves put their lives on the line for anyone?

Post 1 proves the righties have different rules for different people.

Yes, he is flat out nuts to the point of being dishonest.

Location hidden

#4 May 3, 2012
For a fire captain to risk his life in a "Chico" fire would be dereliction of duty. Except for the rarest of situation, maybe once in many decades. His job is a coordinator, to delegate not a risk taker. Your point is not well taken.
Basically the chief/captain is for show without any go.
Close more stations, install a volunteer system and cut these parasites off the city's payroll.
$250,000.00, my lord t jerk is little more than a thief.
Our society has produced greedy shameless, idiots without integrity to front for and as heroes. How do they face the mirror and their families?
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#5 May 3, 2012
stephens1949 wrote:
For a fire captain to risk his life in a "Chico" fire would be dereliction of duty. Except for the rarest of situation, maybe once in many decades. His job is a coordinator, to delegate not a risk taker. Your point is not well taken.
Basically the chief/captain is for show without any go.
Close more stations, install a volunteer system and cut these parasites off the city's payroll.
$250,000.00, my lord t jerk is little more than a thief.
Our society has produced greedy shameless, idiots without integrity to front for and as heroes. How do they face the mirror and their families?
>
>
Just as LOL said, until such a time you start complaining about some insurance company CEO raking in millions of dollars per year just for sitting on his butt you got no case against the fire captain.

Fire captains do risk their lives and get killed in the line of duty.

The only parasites out there are the people who expect an immediate fire and police response in times of emergency but do not want to pay for it.

Take a look in the mirror and you just might see a parasite...
Laughing Out Loud at you

Sacramento, CA

#6 May 3, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Just as LOL said, until such a time you start complaining about some insurance company CEO raking in millions of dollars per year just for sitting on his butt you got no case against the fire captain.
The only parasites out there are the people who expect an immediate fire and police response in times of emergency but do not want to pay for it.
Well spoken pops.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#7 May 3, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
A CEO is hired by a private company........

The captain is hired with tax payers dollars.....

You don't like what I pay my CEO then boycott my company..........ROTFLMAO
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#8 May 3, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
A CEO is hired by a private company........
The captain is hired with tax payers dollars.....
You don't like what I pay my CEO then boycott my company..........ROTFLMAO
>
>
It makes no difference...LOL

People can Boycott Coke or Pepsi all they want , and they will still be paying the wages of those companies CEO's in some roundabout way...LOL

Those who think a fire chief, the firemen or the police are overpaid should not dial 911 when their kids are trapped by a fire inside their house...LMAO

Location hidden

#9 May 3, 2012
Oh for the sake of all humanity show us where we can opt out of paying for public safety. Please release us from the racket perpetuated by their unions. Their fear mongering, their portrayal of security, that is a false sense of security doing more harm than good.
You are so very funny bringing law enforcement in to the discussion of greedy fire fighters, playing the brotherhood card like a race card. What fools suck on that one.
Cut their wages, cut the number of stations and please don't offer up your threatening "Ride Along".
Wallowing with hogs will only get a city taxpayer dirty.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#10 May 3, 2012
stephens1949 wrote:
Oh for the sake of all humanity show us where we can opt out of paying for public safety. Please release us from the racket perpetuated by their unions. Their fear mongering, their portrayal of security, that is a false sense of security doing more harm than good.
You are so very funny bringing law enforcement in to the discussion of greedy fire fighters, playing the brotherhood card like a race card. What fools suck on that one.
Cut their wages, cut the number of stations and please don't offer up your threatening "Ride Along".
Wallowing with hogs will only get a city taxpayer dirty.
>
>
Move to the middle of Montana, build yourself a cabin a la Ted Kazinsky and you won't have to pay for public safety, public roads, public anything and you won't even have to deal with the terrible unions...

If on the other hand you choose to live in the city or county for whatever conveniences they offer you, then pay your taxes and shut your trap....

Location hidden

#11 May 3, 2012
You are so funny, you must have picked it up hanging around as a civil service extortionist.
Do you think I copy of that fellow manifesto?

“Facts”

Location hidden

#13 May 4, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
It makes no difference...LOL
People can Boycott Coke or Pepsi all they want , and they will still be paying the wages of those companies CEO's in some roundabout way...LOL
Those who think a fire chief, the firemen or the police are overpaid should not dial 911 when their kids are trapped by a fire inside their house...LMAO
Wrong again as in every time you post......
If you never buy one thing from my corporation not one dollar of yours goes to my CEO....

And who are you to tell me how much I can pay any of my employees or board members?

How is it that moronic liberals think they can dictate what a private business does if they are not breaking the law....

Liberals think that they can just push business around and force anything they like on them........

Maybe so in the 50s but in todays global market there is no reason for any business that is not in retail to even be in the USA.

I have asked you for a year to tell me what advantage Google has in being a US corporation and all you do is duck and dodge the question....

Moronic liberals like you think that by not buying Canada's oil that somehow that will stop Canada from drilling......
You claim that the oil is dirty and does not produce gas but Canada is doing it and making tons of money....

You don't want any USA driver to burn gas that has not been liberalized because fat gore told you so...

BUt in reality what difference is it if the gas is burnt one mile north of the USA/ Mexico border or one mile south of the border??

About 2 dollars per gallon for US drivers.......And that raise the price of food and every other product...

“Facts”

Location hidden

#14 May 4, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Move to the middle of Montana, build yourself a cabin a la Ted Kazinsky and you won't have to pay for public safety, public roads, public anything and you won't even have to deal with the terrible unions...
If on the other hand you choose to live in the city or county for whatever conveniences they offer you, then pay your taxes and shut your trap....
As tax payers we have the right to set the pay scale for our employees..........

And anyone with more than 3 brain cells would understand that.....
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#15 May 4, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
As tax payers we have the right to set the pay scale for our employees..........
And anyone with more than 3 brain cells would understand that.....
>
>
If you want to set pay scales for your city employees run for office and see how far you will get...LOL

“Facts”

Location hidden

#16 May 4, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
If you want to set pay scales for your city employees run for office and see how far you will get...LOL
Once again you show how little you know about business.....LOL.....Even government business...

About 20 years ago in Petaluma ca we voted on pay scales and we won.......

“Facts”

Location hidden

#17 May 4, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Only a moronic liberal would suggest that we control private wages but not government wages.......LOL
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#18 May 4, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a moronic liberal would suggest that we control private wages but not government wages.......LOL
>
>
Since you seem to know so much, tell us moron,

What exactly is the reason CEO's in the private sector get paid all those exorbitant wages ...? LOL
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#19 May 4, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you show how little you know about business.....LOL.....Even government business...
About 20 years ago in Petaluma ca we voted on pay scales and we won.......
>
>
Petaluma and where else...?
sociopathic Liberals

West Tehama County, CA

#20 May 4, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Since you seem to know so much, tell us moron,
What exactly is the reason CEO's in the private sector get paid all those exorbitant wages ...? LOL
\
Aaahhh... because the owners of the 'privately owned' business wants to! Duuuuuuhhhhhh!!!
So... what is exactly the reason you believe you have any right to tell a 'privately owned' business owners business what he / she should pay their employees???

If you liberals would just learn to STFU and mind your own business, this world would be so much more pleasant place to be!
Bad Grandpa Nicolai

Othello, WA

#21 May 4, 2012
grandpa nicolai dont touch me there!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why to tards think big spoons makes you fat? 5 min Mourning One 245
News Scientists: Global warming's effects speeding up (Nov '09) 26 min IB DaMann 930
Easter Cross 30 min Tree Frog 26
Blob Buttholand Twitter 10 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 1
We democrats Are Screwed 10 hr Sunlight Disinfects 4
Scarface murdered! 10 hr Smoky Bear 16
Avoiding Background Checks 14 hr Lock n Load 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chico Mortgages