Mom of bruised, bloodied boy arrested in Ariz.

There are 9 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Oct 3, 2008, titled Mom of bruised, bloodied boy arrested in Ariz.. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

A woman's call to police led to the arrest of a mom whose bruised, bloodied 3-year-old was unresponsive in a shopping cart, police said Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
carlyg

Bullhead City, AZ

#314 Feb 11, 2009
I saw pics of JJ on my mom's myspace page and just wanted to let you guys know that he is looking good! He was smiling and playing with some toys and it looked like he enjoyed their visit. Don't know any other details right now. Hope all is well!

Great to hear!!! Thank you for keeping us up!!!
Carol OLeary

Mason City, IA

#315 Nov 8, 2009
Someone wrote:
It is my cousin thank you. The mom is my first cousin and Baby J is my 2nd cousin. She was not a horrible person and I don't see why she would change all of a sudden. He did not look close to death and he can't even talk in sentences so I don't know what that nurse was talking about. The fact that more hasn't been published should let you know that this story has a lot of holes.
I knew this girl to. She moved here to Iowa to run from doinmg what was right for her child. While she was here she medically neglected her son and abused him here. I turned her in and nothing was done. Austin also lived above me and is the sperm doner of my granddaughter that thank god he has and never will see. He was turned in by myself and my boyfriend for similar things being done to my botfriends second cousin Bethy 3 years old and him and his girlfriend also got notjhing out of it. These two are people who should never be in the company of children. Both Mitzie and Austin could not take care of a child or treat them right if it ment their lives. So obviously you do not know your cousin that well or are just as bad as her.
Carol OLeary

Mason City, IA

#316 Nov 8, 2009
Yes I knew both of these two all to well and I am glad that the authorities finally listened before it was to late. I do thank the woman who called but I also thank the police for doing their job unlike our police here in Iowa. Crimes such as this are gotten away with everyday here. It is sad to because if the boy had been old enough to of defended himself here he would have went to jail for doing so. The biggest crime is those who do not seek justice for those who need justice done and they have to grow up continueing to be a victim. I do hope that Johnathon does not have to grow up that way and can have a happy life away from the crimes that his family has done to him.I will not be wasting my Criminal Justice degree in this state because it is a joke here and I feel there is no hope for the Criminal Justice system here. I am moving back to the N.W. to aide in those who are victims of domestic violence, rape and child abuse. Those who are truly wanting to help those in these kind of situations are a god sent.
Carol OLeary

Mason City, IA

#317 Nov 8, 2009
Someone wrote:
You are way out of line Rick! DO NOT JUDGE PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW! I have tolerated your slander on here until now. My family is dysfunctional I know that, but they are NOT horrible people! If I were to get custody of JJ he would have a GREAT life. I am a 24 yr/o college graduate with a respectable job and I earn a good living. I am a Christian and I try to live my life reflecting that. I am marrying a computer engineer who works at an Airforce base. I volunteer for several events in the community for children as well. Shame on you. You have NO idea about our family. You have NO idea about the countless surgeries JJ has undergone for his poor health. You have NO idea how his mom stood by and watched over him during this time. You have NO idea how she plasters her myspace page full with pictures of him for our family to see. She loves her son and he loves her. If that place is SO SECRET then how was she supposed to find it?? Mitzie is family so I feel that I can say that she wasn't exactly the smartest girl but she loves her son and I don't believe that she would abuse him. I hate that you think that we don't care for JJ since we aren't on this page slandering his mother for crimes she hasn't even been proved of committing. I'm thanksful for the people of Bullhead who participated in the event...I wonder if you did though? Since you seem to know so much about his case and care so much for him then what have you done? How about you march right up to the police and the newspapers or whoever and demand a followup story? Or to see pictures? Maybe that would settle this bug debate once and for all. But shame on you for saying that we couldn't take care of him. Honestly, I'm not ready for kids yet and that's why I don't have any, but I could take care of him in a heartbeat. When I pray for my family tonight and for JJ I think I am going to say a prayer for you as well. That God may open your eyes and give you a chance to learn a lesson that you need so desperately.
If you are so sure that she is not a demon woman that why are you afraid to reveal yourself by name? You are right your family is very disfunctional, Drugging it up instead of giving to the needs of a child. Funny huh? yeah I have dealt with your cousin and she is a abuser, and so was Mitzies Parents. The apple does not fall far from the tree. Denial is a serious thing to.
squeek

Des Moines, IA

#318 Oct 3, 2013
he is thriving great and surrounded with love!
carlyg wrote:
Hadsall likely faces a prison sentence
By JIM SECKLER/The Daily News
KINGMAN - The Bullhead City mother who reportedly severely abused and neglected her small son pleaded guilty Wednesday in Superior Court.
Mitzie Dawn Hadsall, 25, had been charged with felony child abuse by domestic violence. She pleaded guilty to that charge; however, the allegation that the crime was a dangerous offense against a child was withdrawn per the plea agreement. A dangerous crime against a child charge would have increased a prison sentence dramatically.
Under the plea agreement, Judge-elect Rick Williams, who will take over for Judge Robert Moon Monday, will sentence Hadsall to probation from seven years to life, or from 3 to 121/2 years in prison. If she is sentenced to probation, she could also be sentenced to up to one year in county jail. Moon set her sentencing date for Jan. 29. He also set a pre-sentencing hearing that could take almost an hour just before Hadsall's sentencing.
Deputy Mohave County Attorney Megan McCoy painted a horrifying picture of child abuse. The then 3-year-old boy was spotted Oct. 1 by another shopper being pushed around by Hadsall in a shopping cart at Walmart.
The woman, who at first thought the boy was wearing a Halloween mask, saw that the boy had bruises to his face and, suspecting abuse, called police. The child, who recently turned 4, barely could lift his head.
Bullhead City paramedics took the boy to Western Arizona Regional Medical Center and later to a Las Vegas hospital. The boy also had ligature marks on his wrists and ankles, and bruises throughout his body. He was so malnourished and dehydrated that he constantly asked for apple juice at the hospital. He also previously went several days without urinating, McCoy said.
Hadsall reportedly kept the boy in a closet, not providing food or drink him for days and beating him with an open hand or closed fist if he cried. Hadsall would also ram the boy into a wall with force. Hadsall's roommates also allegedly beat the child.
Moon asked Hadsall if she and her co-defendants were using drugs, which she denied, saying only her co-defendant, former boyfriend Austin Hildenbrand, was on prescription drugs.
“Is it just meanness or what?” Moon angrily asked.“I'm trying to figure out what happened.”
Hadsall tried to blame her co-defendant, Eleanor Ruth Hawes, 50, as the one who locked the boy in the room. She did not respond when the judge asked if she tried to take her son to safety or kept him from being beaten. Hawes is charged with child abuse by domestic violence. Her next hearing is set for Jan. 27, in which her case also may end with a plea agreement.
Moon also granted a defense request for a mental health evaluation to be conducted by the time of her sentencing. The judge warned that after hearing the details of the abuse, Hadsall likely faces a prison sentence.
Hildenbrand, 23, also is charged with felony child abuse by domestic violence. His attorney recently requested a mental health expert to conduct an exam to see if Hildenbrand is mentally insane. His next hearing is set for Jan. 16.
Hadsall was arrested Oct. 1 at WARMC and her roommates, Hawes and Hildenbrand, were arrested later at their Bullhead City apartment.
Not one mention of anything to do with a medical condition on the boy's behalf. Pure and simple meaness. Totally discusting.
squeek

Des Moines, IA

#319 Oct 3, 2013
the little guy is doing great-has some issues but has no memory of the bad people(he know nothing of the past or the people)
loser in life

Bullhead City, AZ

#320 Oct 19, 2013
what's sick is that austin only served less than 18 months and was able to get out and get married. he's still allowed around children. he should have his wee wee chopped off.

https://www.facebook.com/austin.hildenbrand.1...
nicole

Kingman, AZ

#322 Jun 28, 2014
When he got taken from his mother and placed in foster care he went to one foster home which they then found out he was being abused there as well then they placed him with me.... I met the woman that got to take him to his forever home.... If you see this please contact me i would love to know how hw is doing .....
carlyg wrote:
I saw pics of JJ on my mom's myspace page and just wanted to let you guys know that he is looking good! He was smiling and playing with some toys and it looked like he enjoyed their visit. Don't know any other details right now. Hope all is well!
Great to hear!!! Thank you for keeping us up!!!
nicole

Kingman, AZ

#323 Jun 28, 2014
If you are the one that ended up adopting him we met when you came to get him.. please contact me i would love to know how he is doing.....
squeek wrote:
the little guy is doing great-has some issues but has no memory of the bad people(he know nothing of the past or the people)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police: Gray should've received medical care be... 7 hr USER NAME 44
The truth that NOBODY will put out there, other... 7 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 25
GRANDPA NICOLAI & The right is wrong 21 hr Leftist our moron... 20
Replenish the aquifer (Jan '14) Sun Not a stupid cons... 9
Libtards may charge Baltimore Mom Smacking Son Sun Not a stupid cons... 3
More proof whies conservatards hate blacks Sun Not a stupid cons... 6
As Ben Carson bashes Obama, many blacks see a h... Sun 0fact0 4
More from around the web

Chico People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE