Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
144,061 - 144,080 of 200,357 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Antimo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Tim Shields wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, you are saying that gays should stop trying to push same sex marriage and stop beat that dead dog and put it to rest in all 50 states, so we can all order the traditionl marriage special at Chic-fil-A of chicken, fries and a tossed salad.
You said it not me.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
Judge Walker DIDN'T do anything to the California taxpayer or the voter.......he found a proposition UNCONSTITUTIONAL based on the evidences presented at trial!!!
If California had a Constitutional review process for propositions before being placed on the ballot......most would probably not get challenged.......therefore ensuring that the voter's vote wouldn't get toss!!!
Judge Walker imposed new same sex marriage law on everybody. He excluded evidence and assumed fact. He failed to disclose. He's probably the most corrupt hack judicial activist we've ever seen.
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Yay! Gayry's back!!!

Let's see how long it takes him to get himself banned again!!!!!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Yay! Gayry's back!!!
Let's see how long it takes him to get himself banned again!!!!!
"Gayry? There you go again. Using gay as in insult. Priceless!
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
"Gayry? There you go again. Using gay as in insult. Priceless!
Oh, ritarded Frank....You know damn well that Gary's exploits with the tranny hooker are self-admited and common knowledge...

NO POINTS FOR YOU!
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Tim Shields wrote:
<quoted text>No, we have to take the survey and study reports and they show 1-3% of the US population, and they show a constant in history of a 1% world gay population.
Yeah, we all understand, if we do not agree with you, then we are all haters and that includes ex-gays.
THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE, FROM THE LIE THAT MADE YOU GAY.
Who are ex-gays?
Each year thousands of men and women with unwanted same-sex attractions make the personal decision to leave homosexuality via secular therapy, Homosexuals Anonymous support groups, faith based ministries, and other non-judgmental environments. Their decision is one only they can make. However, there are others in society who refuse to respect individual self-determination. Consequently, formerly gay men and women are reviled simply because they dare to exist. Without PFOX, former homosexuals would have no voice in an increasingly hostile environment.
Do gay activists oppose the efforts of PFOX to protect the equal rights of ex-gays?
They shouldn’t. Although gay organizations advocate for the rights of homosexuals, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgenders, transsexuals, the intersexed, and questioning youth, they do not add ‘ex-gay’ to that list. Yet the addition of ex-gays ensures tolerance for all segments of our society.
Many ex-gays are afraid to come out of the closet because of the harassment they will receive. The tactics of gay activists are to go after anyone who comes out publicly as ex-gay, force them back into the closet, and then claim that ex-gays don't exist because there aren't any out in public. For example, see:
•http://abcnews.go.com/Video/p layerIndex?id=4797243
•http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=A3jkeTdgLrg
•http://www.massresistance.org /docs/gen/09b/ParkStreetChurch _0428/index.html
•http://www.wjla.com/news/stor ies/0410/731411.html
PFOX is not an anti-gay organization – we are a pro-ex-gay organization. All people should be treated with dignity. We respect the opinions of others, even if they disagree with us. Indeed, we do not ask for their approval – only their tolerance.
I can see where your coming from a little more clear...

your frsutrated that the big ole gay, communist, tax hiking on the rich, world, has left you behind.

our job is force gays back into the closet after they emerge??

what crack pot you are!!

I thought that was your job.

all I do is give my gay friends(I doubt you have any)
support.....like they deserve, as does any other human being.

thanks for caring so much about the truth, and how it will set us all free, esp if we abandon all reason and compassion.

you christian freaks crack me up....

you claim to have so much compassion like jesus, yet you guys clearly hate AT LEAST 47% of the population..

..and the rest of the world??,.......I dont even have time to go there, as you guys think YOUR god is somehow superior to religious tradition that are much older.

and please STOP assuming everybody who posts here , who is in favor of gay rights being expanded, is gay??

it makes you look double ignorant.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Tim Shields wrote:
<quoted text>WAIT, so you can call us all gay or closet gays, but not Obama. Obama, a president who has gone to more gay fundraisers than any other president. Obama, who has gays claiming to be his lover. Obama, who has a GAY PRIVATE club membership. Obama, who in 2009 said of Harvey Milks "He came to recruit us all, and to change the country." Yet, he claimed to have evolved to support same sex marriage in May 2012. I don't have to call Obama gay, he has gay politics and that is enough.
I mean, since no gays are in the closet, he could not possibly be gay. I mean he has a wife and two children, right.
incohearant drivel.....much??

I guess those are irefutable peices of evidence counselor.

TIM, real evidence is what mekes a credible arguement...

everybody loves harvey milk....

youve lost it....

and the frustration is totally showing.

give it up......none of us want to swallow your bigoted, uber religious right wing veiws on the gay community.

that was really laugable, like all your posts...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, ritarded Frank....You know damn well that Gary's exploits with the tranny hooker are self-admited and common knowledge...
NO POINTS FOR YOU!
So? Do you insult everyone who is gay? Why? Aren't you gay?

Hands out "points" What a dope.
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Do you insult everyone who is gay? Why? Aren't you gay?
Hands out "points" What a dope.
Facts are facts.

Calling Gary gay is like calling you an idiot.

These aren't judgements: just facts.
Winston Smith

The Plains, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
8.5 years of gay marriage in the bay state??
the kids are still playing on the sidewalk....
the neighbors dog is still rooting through the trash...
the T is still running...
Bain is still in business, exporting jobs to china.
the BSO is still performing....
the massachussets national guard is still in business.
the trains keep running, the planes keep taking off.
adults keep getting educated in universities...
people still get cured in hospitals...
pupils still attend public schools?
the trash keeps getting picked up??
and the sky is still hanging there above us.
I cant see how letting gays marry would EVER change any of this.
GASP! Ya mean the sky come crashing down?
Winston Smith

The Plains, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
So Frisbee. Are you going to join the intellectual team of Lyin Ayn Ryan and Winston Smith today and make the case that assuming "Ayn" is a girl's name is dumb while assuming you know everything about my politics is not dumb? Hope so!
Although I think Lyin Ayn wisely withdrew from that losing argument already. Looks like it's just you and Winston to soldier on. Good luck.
So you're the self declared winner of a rather pointless argument? Brilliant. I'm sure your grandparents are thrilled. Both of them.

I do have a question for you though. It is about you and your synecephalus twin, KiMare. How do the two of you determine which one gets to use the brain?
winnipegger239

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

we saw the lesbian dwarf tossing thing at pierpont in ventura and got sick at the busy bee and overcharged too. the story about ronmey wearing a blue bra while watching the huk hogan sex tapes over and over has got to be alie
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Tim Shields wrote:
Actually, it was 47% of Californians who voted to hate their own parents and the marriage family that they should have been born into.
Voted to hate their own parents, eh?

Hmmmm...... you skipped your meds today, didn't you?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Tim Shields wrote:
For instance, you probably are still spewing that hate crime lie about Matthew Shepard, when Matt was killed by his gay lover, McKinney, due to a robbery for money and drugs. The prosecutor confirmed this in 2004 to ABC 20/20.
hahahahahahah
ahahahahahah
ahahahahahah

Your lies are LAUGHABLE. The prosecutor said no such thing.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're the self declared winner of a rather pointless argument? Brilliant. I'm sure your grandparents are thrilled. Both of them.
I do have a question for you though. It is about you and your synecephalus twin, KiMare. How do the two of you determine which one gets to use the brain?
Another dopey post from Winston, resorting to ad hominen since he has nothing else.

P.S. It's better to remain silent than prove you're frustrated and at a loss. But you cannot, eh Winnie. Good! Too Funny!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are facts.
Calling Gary gay is like calling you an idiot.
These aren't judgements: just facts.
No they're not facts they're ad hominen. Sure sign of a loser.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Tim Shields wrote:
Each year thousands of men and women with unwanted same-sex attractions make the personal decision to leave homosexuality via secular therapy.
"secular" therapy???????

hahahahaha
ahahahahahah
ahgahahahahahahah

Who do you think you are kidding? There is no such thing as "secular" therapy. ALL conversion therapy is wrapped up in the jesus flag, and don't even TRY to lie your way out of that. Conversion therapy is considered unethical by all major medical and psychiatric professional organizations. The only people offering "conversion therapy" are quacked-out fundies.

Are you working off the debt you owe NARTH by repeating their silly lies on Topix????

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Looks like the intellectual team of Winston, Lyin Ayn and Frisbee has fizzled out in their attempt to make the case that assuming someone named "Ayn" is a woman is dumb but assuming you know all about a person's politics from a few topix posts is smart.

It was a losing argument folks. You were big dopes to try and make it.

Now comes the "Oh yeah? You're gay!" and other equally dopey ad hominen about boogers and failed abortions and such.

TOO Funny!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Woops! Didn't mean to leave you out of the intellectual dream team "Frank Rizzo". Previous post goes out to you too! Your ad hominen are especially dopey.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>"secular" therapy???????
hahahahaha
ahahahahahah
ahgahahahahahahah
Who do you think you are kidding? There is no such thing as "secular" therapy. ALL conversion therapy is wrapped up in the jesus flag, and don't even TRY to lie your way out of that. Conversion therapy is considered unethical by all major medical and psychiatric professional organizations. The only people offering "conversion therapy" are quacked-out fundies.
Are you working off the debt you owe NARTH by repeating their silly lies on Topix????
"quacked-out fundies" Good one! Funny!

You should teach some of these jackasses like Lyin Ayn and Winston et al stuff like that. They need much better ad hominen, they're stuck on dopey ones like "boogers" and "You're gay!"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Chico Forum right now

Search the Chico Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ebola Pandemic 1 hr Krankenstein 6
Let's Move the Southern Border to Chico 1 hr Krankenstein 19
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr Fly right 4,893
Oakland Raiders franchise moving to Texas? 2 hr ON MY BUM 3
Hey libs, here is a challenge. 2 hr The right is wrong 16
Chico should be renamed, BUMTowne 3 hr ON MY BUM 23
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr HughBe 68,430
Liberal/Natzis Hate Conservatives 5 hr Krankenstein 56
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chico Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000