Who, or what, is "roboblogger?"

Posted in the Chico Forum

TSQ

Diamond Bar, CA

#1 Aug 24, 2011
Who, or what, is "roboblogger," and how does that whole thing work in terms of linking to ER stories? I assume it is done with the ER's permission. I am not asking to know who "roboblogger" is precisely (if it is a single individual), but I am curious to know if this person or persons is/are acting independently and with the permission of the ER, or are they acting in some official or formal capacity in linking to the ER stories they link to? Thank you for your help, whoever can help me out on this!
Tick Tock

Hayward, CA

#2 Aug 24, 2011
TSQ wrote:
Who, or what, is "roboblogger," and how does that whole thing work in terms of linking to ER stories? I assume it is done with the ER's permission. I am not asking to know who "roboblogger" is precisely (if it is a single individual), but I am curious to know if this person or persons is/are acting independently and with the permission of the ER, or are they acting in some official or formal capacity in linking to the ER stories they link to? Thank you for your help, whoever can help me out on this!
Flight 506
TSQ

Diamond Bar, CA

#3 Aug 24, 2011
Tick Tock wrote:
<quoted text>Flight 506
Huh?
TSQ

Diamond Bar, CA

#4 Aug 24, 2011
Tick Tock wrote:
<quoted text>Flight 506
Do you need a ride from the airport? What city, which terminal, what day, what time?! Don't leave me guessing!
TSQ

Diamond Bar, CA

#5 Aug 26, 2011
Come on, no one can help me answer this question? Someone in the know fill a person in, will ya?
Tick Tock

Hayward, CA

#6 Aug 26, 2011
TSQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
Aero Mexico flight 506
VSA to PUR
TSQ

Diamond Bar, CA

#7 Aug 26, 2011
Tick Tock wrote:
<quoted text>Aero Mexico flight 506
VSA to PUR
And my google research reveals:

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&...

But this is just a schedule of airline flights. Your writings are too cryptic for me to figure out, St. Luke.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#8 Aug 26, 2011
TSQ wrote:
Come on, no one can help me answer this question? Someone in the know fill a person in, will ya?
>
>
Yo TSQ!

I don't know where in TOPIX you run into this roboblogger, but this might put you on the right track...

http://www.sebastianjohnsson.com/roboblogger-...

take care.
TSQ

Diamond Bar, CA

#9 Aug 26, 2011
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Yo TSQ!
I don't know where in TOPIX you run into this roboblogger, but this might put you on the right track...
http://www.sebastianjohnsson.com/roboblogger-...
take care.
Hi, Grandpa. Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it! I should have just googled it. At the top of various threads in the Chico Forum that are linked to ER stories it says "posted by: Roboblogger." Here is an example. When you click on this link it takes you to a thread about a Wally Herger story but you can also click on a link and read the ER article the thread is about:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/chico-ca/TSJR...

Please let me know if you do not see the "posted by: Roboblogger," and I will get my head checked out (some would make that recommendation regardless).

I was just wondering how this worked and who was doing it. But now you seem to have helped me to answer the question. It is being done by a program that someone created. Thanks again so much for your help. I really appreciate it! Be well!
TSQ

Diamond Bar, CA

#10 Aug 26, 2011
Quick correction. It should read: "Posted by: roboblogger"
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#11 Aug 26, 2011
TSQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Grandpa. Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it! I should have just googled it. At the top of various threads in the Chico Forum that are linked to ER stories it says "posted by: Roboblogger." Here is an example. When you click on this link it takes you to a thread about a Wally Herger story but you can also click on a link and read the ER article the thread is about:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/chico-ca/TSJR...
Please let me know if you do not see the "posted by: Roboblogger," and I will get my head checked out (some would make that recommendation regardless).
I was just wondering how this worked and who was doing it. But now you seem to have helped me to answer the question. It is being done by a program that someone created. Thanks again so much for your help. I really appreciate it! Be well!
>
>
Yeah, you are right!

I never noticed that before, I guess I am not very observant.

So it appears that this Sebastian Johnson's creation is responsible for the posts, it culls from various news sources and posts selected stories on TOPIX.

Take care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police: Gray should've received medical care be... 1 hr 0fact0 119
Ruptured pipeline spills 21,000 gallons of oil ... 5 hr Edmund Hillary 8
News SmartMeters being installed by PG&E in Butte Co... (May '10) 5 hr Sigmund Freud 36
Willits bipass collapse: enviro-sabotage? 5 hr Middle of the road 229
Global Warm-thers: Trapped by irony 7 hr Middle of the road 80
Isn't Hillaryn Clinton just a boring crimanal 10 hr Ultraman 7
Why is Hillary Lying about E-mails? 13 hr Doug H 9
More from around the web

Chico People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]