Chico doctor accused of negligence

Full story: Chico Enterprise-Record

An accusation has been filed before the state medical board against a Chico physician, Dr.
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Aug 14, 2010
Enloecoverup

Williams, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

Judged:

It is appalling that the anesthesiologist is not accused. yet the OB/Gyn is. Fluid and sodium management during an operation is entirely the responsibility of the anesthesiologist. This particular accusation sounds like another obvious coverup and blame shifting at Enloe. Are the Adventist anesthesiologists and staff physicians working with the Enloe medical staff attorney to dupe the Medical Board once again?
Smart One

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

So she KILLED that poor woman's baby. She should sue her! What is wrong with this physician? Her license should be revoked!

To the woman who lost her baby, I am so very sorry! This is horrible!
peeode

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

Judged:

Enloecoverup wrote:
It is appalling that the anesthesiologist is not accused. yet the OB/Gyn is. Fluid and sodium management during an operation is entirely the responsibility of the anesthesiologist. This particular accusation sounds like another obvious coverup and blame shifting at Enloe. Are the Adventist anesthesiologists and staff physicians working with the Enloe medical staff attorney to dupe the Medical Board once again?
This physician mutilated my wife...(a case not YET reported to the state, or an attorney)it had nothing to do with the anesthesiologist.
JC_anonymous

Oroville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

Judged:

Never trust a doctor.
mkd

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

Judged:

Enloecoverup wrote:
I guess you can't be blamed entirely for your ill-informed position here, since the E-R is not privy to, and thus can't report exactly what the issue was during this case. I won't, either, but I will tell you that the only reason this woman is still ALIVE is because of the efforts of her anesthesiologist. And, no, I am neither an anesthesiologist, nor an Adventist. You are talking from your rectum.
mkd

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

Judged:

JC_anonymous wrote:
Never trust a doctor.
I hope you never have occasion to, but this seems unlikely. Moron.
thankful grandma

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

Judged:

It's easy to place blame when you do not have all the facts. While it is awful that someone lost their baby, we don't have the entire story and it may not be the doctors fault. Unfortunately things happen and we lash out in our grief. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Ballard. My grandson was delivered by her and no one could have done a better job. My daughter had a high risk pregnancy and Dr. Ballard was very concerned, caring and professional. We are very sorry to loose her in this community. I guess to survive in this town, you have to be one of the "good old boys".
bethevoice

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

Judged:

Wow, this explains alot. I have met both the Ballards while walking our dogs. Still though I'd have to say, that why at the end of this article does it say to the effect...." if the physician will accept discipline in this case".....since when is it up to the physician to "agree to any discipline??" When an investigation is done and concluded and there's evidence of mal-practice or wrong-doing it should be a given that one will face some disciplinary action or license revoked.
GladSheIsGone

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

Judged:

This should have happened a LONG time ago. She should have had her license taken away a LONG time ago, and as for blaming the anesthesiologist, I agree with MKD...He is the only reason that patient is alive...Working in the medical field you know and hear things about doctors, and all I can say is people are lucky that they surrvived this woman's care. She is NOT what this community needs.
I warn every pregnant woman I know NOT to see her..If you need a GREAT OBGYN, go see Dr Mellum..he is the best in town!
wondering

Campbell, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

Judged:

peeode wrote:
<quoted text>
This physician mutilated my wife...(a case not YET reported to the state, or an attorney)it had nothing to do with the anesthesiologist.
So, ummm, if the physician mutilated your wife, why isn't that the accusation, instead of low sodium (which merely means too much water was given to the patient)? And if you didn't report it, who did? And why is the Board accusation so wildly different than your claim? Something isn't quite right here.

Besides, was the problem a life-threatening low sodium (which is not mutilating), or some sort of mutilation? Someone is not telling the truth.
mchavez

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Dr Ballard was the BEST OB I have ever seen. I have had 4 pregnancies and a medical condition that she took care of. The bed side mannor was incredible. I came out of what could have been pure devistation to my family and she got me through it. She did what no other Dr could. She found what other doctors didnt and I am now at 100%. I hate to see her go. I have family and friends that went to her and I know that they were all very pleased with her practice. I will always have a place in my heart for this women! I love you Dr Ballard!! And thank you for all that you have done for me and my family!!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

I was a patient of Dr. Ballard and I was very sorry to get the letter a few months back that she was moving from the area and closing her practice. I had never heard any of these accusations against her. All I can say is that she was the best Gyno I have ever had. I felt 100% comfortable with her and she even rescued me from a horrible experience with a test at the imaging center across the street where the dr. and tech could not perform the procedure properly and were causing me physical and emotional pain. Dr Ballard was called and she dropped what she was doing and came to my rescue. She calmed me down and took charge of the room and performed the procedure herself.

I for one am very sad to hear of all of these accusations and I pray the charges are inflated as she is a wonderful woman and DR. and I miss her already
youngmom

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2010

Judged:

I LOVE Dr Ballard, and I think she was a wonderful OB. Every single Dr loses patients. Every single Dr makes mistakes. And I hate to say it, but we need to keep in mind (from what I remember)she was a fairly new OBGYN. She was the on call Dr who saved me and my first born when I became very seriously ill. And she delivered my second born. And if the Board allows her to keep her license, I would follow her anywhere. I really hate to see her villified here!
bethevoice

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

mkd wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you can't be blamed entirely for your ill-informed position here, since the E-R is not privy to, and thus can't report exactly what the issue was during this case. I won't, either, but I will tell you that the only reason this woman is still ALIVE is because of the efforts of her anesthesiologist. And, no, I am neither an anesthesiologist, nor an Adventist. You are talking from your rectum.
MKD- it's you. So not an anesthesiologist at Enloe, but certainly someone who feels compelled to defend the hospital. Do you work there is some capacity?! CEO maybe even?! I'm sure you recognize my name from the previous "Enloe Sucks" forum started by J.S. I'm still waiting for answers on that other thread to questions I asked you with regard to your staff way back when a friend of mine's daughter was in Enloe and had just given birth to a disabled fragile baby who wasn't tranported or referred to UC Davis Medical Center, but yet your hospital and staff allowed CPS to harass her while she was a patient there. CPS claimed she a first time mom would have to succumb to a " Health and Safety Check" of her and her parents home, remember?? This first time disabled a client of Far Northern Regional Center doesn't have any prior criminal record or abuse of drubs or alcohol. Her baby born with Pierre Robin Sequence was taken from her for this reason and this reason only of she has a disbility. Shame on you for not answering my 6 or 7 questions after you came on that thread to verbally assault J.S. and V. and myself just because we all agree the cost at Enloe for one day are too high, and yet, you won't even speak to the cost of a basic room at Enloe for one-day. I want new disabled adults who are clients at Far Northern Regional Center, to be careful and especially if you have a case-worker with initials of P. W. as he seems to make assumptions about your parenting skills......without having seen you even parent yet. This is the truth about what happened to my friend's daughter at Enloe. It seems P.W. believes if you are a client of FNRC than you are automatically judged to not be a good and loving parent. This young mother I know had her baby taken from her at 13 days old, but CPS was at Enloe on day two trying to take this baby. Enloe and FNRC should have immediately with the California Children Services coordinated " Early Child Intervention Program " for this infant, which this program happens in the home as to support the infant and parents with learning special technique of holding Haverman Bottle etc. Enloe Hospital never even had their Patient Advocate or Social Worker assist this first time mom in securing these needed services. That is medical negligence. People have two years to file medical negligence claims against Enloe or similar medical professionals.
bethevoice

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

MKD- sorry for some of the above misspelled words. I know you'll figure it out. I couldn't believe it when my friend told me that you "ENLOE" didn't even start this infant out on Fortified Formula. Why Not?? Saving money on the poor working family's expense?? You never even sent her home with the advise of purchasing a Fortified Formula. She was a first time mom so you really can't use that as an excuse to say she's surely heard of those before. Your staff at Enloe sorry to say is on the hook for what happened to this mom and this mom's loss of her baby. It all began with his birth and that means you. This grandfather and I are actively seeking legal counsel for this mom. She shouldn't lose her baby due to your negligence and that of Far Northern Regional Center's either. She was discriminated against and that is going to be made more and more public I can assure you. There is no reason for this family to not try to help out other disabled parents in this community. They are all hardworking people in the Perry Family. They've resided in this community of Chico area and are known to alot of other hardworking, loving, and god-fearing families. Shame on you at Enloe for your ignorance and your incompetence. If nothing else can be accomplished by this family then it will be to spare other families similar pain they've endured for this past 16 months. It turns out too the day their daughter gave birth that while their car was parked adjacent to Enloe someone broke into their locked vehicle and found the trunk release and stole purses of mom and grandma. Thanks for all you've done for this family.
bethevoice

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

It's very sad about this lawsuit. It sounds like the physician has some supporters out there. It too sounds so painful for the family that lost their baby and I am sorry for their loss too. I have met this physician and her family so I've mixed emotions on this. If fault is found on her part of that of any Enloe employee then it is important that there be consequences too.
Anna

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Dr. Ballard is not a new OB-GYN.., she was new to the area but used to teach up north.., I think it was Oregon or Washington, but I can't remember. She preformed a very complicated and intricate surgery on me that no other Dr. in this area was doing. I had good results and she was very comforting. I had mixed feelings because the surgery did take longer than expected and so did the recovery.., and when I was recovering at home and calling about a complication she was very supportive and available.., but her "let nature take it's course" answer.., when I needed to be on antibiotics (from an infection I caught AT ENLOE).., came a little on the late side. All and all it was the uncleanliness of the hospital that was to blame for the horrific recovery and her sugical skills were superior.., but she should have recognized the symptoms and acted sooner.

Since: Jul 10

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

I know someone that was in Enloe and caught the MRSA. The staff didn't tape off the room to stop the spread of infections to visitors or other patients.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Chico Forum right now

Search the Chico Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
House leaders abandon border bill 13 min Godfrey 12
Liberal/Natzis Hate Conservatives 46 min Tea Party Solution 71
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 59 min Ghhh 68,457
Illegals are the New Slaves for Democrats 1 hr tBaggers love illegals 12
Ebola Pandemic 6 hr News 17
Let's Move the Southern Border to Chico 8 hr tBagger Godfreak Stupid 31
Thank you firefighters. 8 hr Heroes 3
•••
•••