Replenish the aquifer

Posted in the Chico Forum

First Prev
of 28
Next Last
Rain Cloud

Chico, CA

#1 Jan 18, 2014
Drain all swimming pools in ButteCounty to replenish the aquifer during this time of severe drought.
Who Won One

Ukiah, CA

#2 Jan 18, 2014
Too much chlorine, might bleach the bugs!

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Tuxpan, Mexico

#3 Feb 8, 2014
Yes communist liberals believe they can take anything they want from anyone the want to
Local

Lakeport, CA

#4 Feb 9, 2014
Here Is One wrote:
Yes communist liberals believe they can take anything they want from anyone the want to
Sup One?
Nice to see you on the site......and yes, the environazi crowd is alive and well on the Chico forum.
You can tell who they are because they hate business and they hate the human race.
Environazi’s 90% Sure Man Causes Global Warming
http://floppingaces.net/2007/11/16/environazi...

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Tuxpan, Mexico

#5 Feb 16, 2014
Local wrote:
<quoted text>Sup One?
Nice to see you on the site......and yes, the environazi crowd is alive and well on the Chico forum.
You can tell who they are because they hate business and they hate the human race.
EnvironaziÂ’s 90% Sure Man Causes Global Warming
http://floppingaces.net/2007/11/16/environazi...
They hate everyone that does not vote for their gods
Rain Cloud

Chico, CA

#6 May 2, 2015
Thousands of California farms have been ordered to stop pumping river water to irrigate their crops as the state grapples with its fourth year of drought, officials said Friday.
Farmers receiving the order can still pump water from the ground, which officials said comes at the risk of depleting wells in some areas. Those who violate the order may be fined up to $1,000 a day or $2,500 for each acre-foot. Violators even face prosecution in court, officials said.
No fines for " depleting wells in some areas" ?

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/a...
Middle of the road

Lincoln, CA

#7 May 2, 2015
Rain Cloud wrote:
Thousands of California farms have been ordered to stop pumping river water to irrigate their crops as the state grapples with its fourth year of drought, officials said Friday.
Farmers receiving the order can still pump water from the ground, which officials said comes at the risk of depleting wells in some areas. Those who violate the order may be fined up to $1,000 a day or $2,500 for each acre-foot. Violators even face prosecution in court, officials said.
No fines for " depleting wells in some areas" ?
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/a...
Every time I flush the toilet at my house 100% of the water goes back into the system and is used by someone else. Every time I take a shower, do dishes and/or do laundry 100% of the water I use goes back into the system and gets used by someone else
Nice job libtards

Lakeport, CA

#8 May 3, 2015
Middle of the road wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time I flush the toilet at my house 100% of the water goes back into the system and is used by someone else. Every time I take a shower, do dishes and/or do laundry 100% of the water I use goes back into the system and gets used by someone else
The credit should go to your Mommy as we all know that you and your "friend" still live with her.
Not a stupid conservatard

Lincoln, CA

#9 May 3, 2015
Still waiting for you conservatards to prove as fact anything you post . . . .
Salmo Trutta

Chico, CA

#10 May 5, 2015
California's emergency regulations do not, for now, ban the filling of private or public swimming pools, the state says local water suppliers "will decide how to meet their conservation standard, which could include limitations on the filling of swimming pools."

According to the California Pool and Spa Association (CPSA), the state has more than 1.2 million private pools and about 300,000 commercial swimming pools belonging to local municipalities, hotels and apartment complexes.

Sacramento, CA

#11 May 5, 2015
Salmo Trutta wrote:
California's emergency regulations do not, for now, ban the filling of private or public swimming pools, the state says local water suppliers "will decide how to meet their conservation standard, which could include limitations on the filling of swimming pools."
According to the California Pool and Spa Association (CPSA), the state has more than 1.2 million private pools and about 300,000 commercial swimming pools belonging to local municipalities, hotels and apartment complexes.
And your point is? There's no proposed law/regulation that says pools can be or can't be filled. I could support a law/regulation that requires ALL pols be covered when not in use.
My pool with its cover on looses less water than the grass next to it does through trans evaporation.
Salmo Trutta

Chico, CA

#12 May 5, 2015
Not a stupid conservatard wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is? There's no proposed law/regulation that says pools can be or can't be filled. I could support a law/regulation that requires ALL pols be covered when not in use.
My pool with its cover on looses less water than the grass next to it does through trans evaporation.
The point is "Replenish the aquifer ".
transpiration
1.(botany) The loss of water by evaporation in terrestrial plants, especially through the stomata; accompanied by a corresponding uptake from the roots.
Salmo Trutta

Chico, CA

#13 May 6, 2015
Water board passes mandatory water limits
Some cities already have begun to put in place rules to meet the targets. Last month, San Jose banned all home car washing and filling of swimming pools and limited lawn watering to two days a week.
An economic study by the board found that the new rules will cost cities, water districts and private water companies at least $600 million from lost water sales. That will have to be made up for in higher rates.
The rules approved Tuesday, which will be reviewed by state legal advisers before going into effect, require cutbacks of 4 percent to 36 percent in water use, with communities that use the most water being asked to enact the deepest cuts.

Urban users will be hardest hit, even though they account for only 20 percent of state water consumption, while the state's massive agricultural sector, which the Public Policy Institute of California says uses 80 percent of human-related consumption, has been exempted.

Sacramento, CA

#14 May 6, 2015
Salmo Trutta wrote:
Water board passes mandatory water limits
Some cities already have begun to put in place rules to meet the targets. Last month, San Jose banned all home car washing and filling of swimming pools and limited lawn watering to two days a week.
An economic study by the board found that the new rules will cost cities, water districts and private water companies at least $600 million from lost water sales. That will have to be made up for in higher rates.
The rules approved Tuesday, which will be reviewed by state legal advisers before going into effect, require cutbacks of 4 percent to 36 percent in water use, with communities that use the most water being asked to enact the deepest cuts.
Urban users will be hardest hit, even though they account for only 20 percent of state water consumption, while the state's massive agricultural sector, which the Public Policy Institute of California says uses 80 percent of human-related consumption, has been exempted.
What the state needs to do is look at how those farmers are using that water and just what its actually being used for.
Why am I being told I can't use water so said commodity can be taken and used to grow price, taxpayer supported crops.
It's a management problem!
Grapevine

Chico, CA

#15 May 6, 2015
Time lapse of California water rights allocations, 1915-2012
http://californiawaterblog.com/2014/08/20/cal...

Sacramento, CA

#16 May 6, 2015
Every time I travel down I-5 along the west side of the San Joaquin Valley and see all the farmers signs whining about how politicians are taking all their water and forcing them, the farmers to "fallow" their fields and/or let their orchards die I feel a sense of rage.

A couple of points need to be made:

1. The west side of the San Joaquin Valley has historically been a dust bowl, grass and sagebrush.
2. The water that is being taken from those farmers never was theirs.

Having driven I-5 up the west side of the San Joaquin Valley immediately after its opening I can say for fact that the majority of the west side of the San Joaquin Valley was not under cultivation.
goe eff urself

Lakeport, CA

#17 May 6, 2015
We all know that ANY legislation created during this drought will be brought by Moonbeam and the libtards and it will be politically motivated and more or less useless.
just like the huge waste of money..........moonbeams "bullet train to nowhere".
rotflmao
Salmo Trutta

Chico, CA

#18 May 6, 2015
Every time I travel down I-5 along the west side of the San Joaquin Valley and see all the farmers signs whining about how politicians are taking all their water and forcing them, the farmers to "fallow" their fields and/or let their orchards die I feel a sense of rage.
A couple of points need to be made:
1. The west side of the San Joaquin Valley has historically been a dust bowl, grass and sagebrush.
2. The water that is being taken from those farmers never was theirs.
Having driven I-5 up the west side of the San Joaquin Valley immediately after its opening I can say for fact that the majority of the west side of the San Joaquin Valley was not under cultivation.
and the Trinity River used to flow into the Klamath River.

Sacramento, CA

#19 May 6, 2015
goe eff urself wrote:
We all know that ANY legislation created during this drought will be brought by Moonbeam and the libtards and it will be politically motivated and more or less useless.
just like the huge waste of money..........moonbeams "bullet train to nowhere".
rotflmao
Spoken like a truly ignorant conservatard.
goe eff urself

Lakeport, CA

#20 May 6, 2015
<quoted text>
Spoken like a truly ignorant conservatard.
Wahhhh........quit whining u big baby.

You should appreciate the sincerity in my name.

lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 28
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deputy ambushed, fatally shot at Houston gas st... 1 min LEFTIST DIALOG 4
Way to go CONSERVATARDS! 1 min LEFTIST DIALOG 14
Why are all the fires getting so big? 1 min Middle of the road 50
The Last Days of Hillary 1 min TWP 1
Our EXCEPTIONALISM make us #1 2 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 9
CONSERVATIVE family values= GUTTER 2 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 17
Man Facing 200 Sexual Molestation Charges in NY... 10 hr Watchdog 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chico Mortgages