Kelli Saam joins News Channel 7

Kelli Saam joins News Channel 7

There are 50 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Oct 6, 2010, titled Kelli Saam joins News Channel 7. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Kelli Saam will be back in front of the camera again, though local viewers will have to switch their television stations to see the former Action News anchor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Free Reader

Medford, OR

#45 Oct 12, 2010
Second that emotion Kelli wrote:
Do these news people really make between $8.75 and $16.00 an hour? Inquiring minds would like to know. I'm sure working KHSL TV is hard on a great many of their employees. Especially their wallets.
Yes!
Hank

United States

#46 Oct 12, 2010
Incredible that they can pay those people minimum wage. It's an insult. You suck those people into an industry and then pay them nothing but expect the moon. Kara Klapper could make more as a waitress. Jerry and Kelli were raising a family and they were getting ripped in these pages while making slave wages? It's not worth it.
Ron

Redding, CA

#48 Oct 13, 2010
Thank you Chico for giving us Kelli. She will bring way better news then some on 7 now. Now they just need to get rid of Linh Truong and Courtney on 7R news and we are set. The rest Rock.
Free Reader

Medford, OR

#49 Oct 15, 2010
Saam is a news reader... not a reporter. Why do you people continue to rag on the readers and not the station that reduces the reporters time & $$$ so they only pick out redundant stories from the news coming in accross the wires & the local newspaper. Oh that's not true anymore... Even our local newspaper gets it's news from the neighboring towns newspapers.
irisblue

Fresno, CA

#50 Oct 27, 2010
I'm a straight white female. If it's a toss up between watching Ms. Klapper or an old bald dude, I'd pick her. Her co-anchor looks like he's ready to melt into a puddle at any second lol.
irisblue

Fresno, CA

#51 Oct 27, 2010
Yippee kaiyeah, Kelli's in Redding now.
QuilterGal

United States

#52 Oct 29, 2010
I'm thrilled to see Kelli come to Redding. In my opinion this TV station will benefit greatly with the addition of a "professional" broadcaster, unlike many of the folks who comr to us in our local newscasts now. I'vw concluded KRCR must actually be a "Training" station because they seem to have an abundance of announcers who can't talk straight. I've tried to be patient, but it's almost embarassing that these "pro" broadcasters (especially week-enders) are so inept! C'mon management at KRCR - I deserve better. Thanks for hiring Kelli - it's a start.
OES

Anderson, CA

#53 Oct 29, 2010
QuilterGal wrote:
I'm thrilled to see Kelli come to Redding. In my opinion this TV station will benefit greatly with the addition of a "professional" broadcaster, unlike many of the folks who comr to us in our local newscasts now. I'vw concluded KRCR must actually be a "Training" station because they seem to have an abundance of announcers who can't talk straight. I've tried to be patient, but it's almost embarassing that these "pro" broadcasters (especially week-enders) are so inept! C'mon management at KRCR - I deserve better. Thanks for hiring Kelli - it's a start.
Recently I have been away in the late afternoons and evenings, but about a week ago Kelli was working the evening news broadcast. Tonight I noticed the regular gal was back on the 5 PM newscast. Is Kelli on the 11 PM newscast? I usually have the TV turned off by then, but I may have to start staying up a little later.
X-DJ

Olivehurst, CA

#54 Nov 25, 2010
Channels 7 Redding and 12 Chico have always been somewhat of a training station. Ya gotta start somewhere. I began watching those stations in 1963 and have watched them on and off since. Some folks like Stan Statham went into politics. Others, like Ron Palmer worked for 12 for 20 years and did a great job. I don't know how much they pay but I am sure it is not much. Sorry to see Kelli and Jerry leave. Glad to know Kelli's back to work at 7R, even though I can't get that station here in Yuba City. Broadcasting is a very shaky business, like radio. It's even gotten worse over the years. Hopefully the good broadcasters will go to better markets and get paid well. Those who stay in the small markets get paid less but still love the fame.
Footnote

Brooklyn, NY

#55 Jan 28, 2013
Who would you rather wrote:
Who'd you rather.....? Saam or Klapper?
Klapper is smoking hot. I don't care if she stumblies over anything. She is one hot babe.
Klapper is the Botox of local news. Can someone just get her of the air please!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FOOL Me ONCE 9 hr First Amendment 8
News PG&E rolling out new time-of-use rate in north ... 12 hr Solarman 1
Clinton used stolen Haiti relief funds to pay f... 12 hr The Reformed Demo... 7
Fire & Fury ESSENTIAL READING 12 hr a-citizen 24
MLK Day Service 13 hr a-citizen 3
Truth; Alabama Is a Federal WELFARE State we Su... 19 hr Welfare queen Ala... 7
Censorship Back On Chico TOPIX Forum Sun Sad and Sick 7

Chico Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance