3 in Hayward crash suspected in earlier robbery

There are 12 comments on the The Modesto Bee story from Dec 25, 2009, titled 3 in Hayward crash suspected in earlier robbery. In it, The Modesto Bee reports that:

The driver and two deceased occupants of a car that crashed into a big rig while being pursued by sheriff's deputies are suspected of involvement in an earlier robbery.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Modesto Bee.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fred C Dobbs

Berkeley, CA

#22 Dec 29, 2009
steph wrote:
Let me ask you a ? Did you have a drink at your work Christmas party then drive home? Betcha did, Drunk driving scum of the earth, you couldv'e killed someone! Doesn't feel good does it?
Look, to all of you who are posting disrespectful and hateful comments, hopefully you or anyone you know will never make the "news", and be subject to this cruelty. YOU are no better then ANYONE or ANYTHING. Have you never done something you regret? To disrespect the deceased and their families in this way is just about the same as what they "supposedly" did. I knew these two boys personally. And I know for a fact Andrew was a good kid. Don't believe everything you hear and read. In my opinion the world has just lost a little bit of sunshine and the MOST contagious smile I have ever seen! Rest in Peace Dominic and Andrew, my prayers to your family and friends. May the Lord comfort you in this time of need.
<quoted text>
No as a matter of fact I haven't driven under the influence, certainly not over the legal limit like this jerk was doing! That would have just been the tip of the iceberg here though. An armed robbery just a few minutes earlier, running from the cops, blasting at high speed through red lights and ultimately killing three of his thug so called friends. I think I'm MUCH better than that kind of trash as are the rest of us law abiding citizens! This is not comparable at all to someone who has a little too much to drink at a Christmas party either although I strongly believe in staying under the legal limits on all occasions (it's not that hard to do!) and in designated drivers (which is usually me!).

You act like this felonious behavior (the armed robbery in particular) was just a little mistake, something we all do from time to time and should be accepted and forgiven! To that I can only say BULLSHIT! Nobody that I can see is disrespecting the deceased's friends and family who were of course not responsible but the disrespect for these thugs involved in the criminal activity is perfectly valid and warranted. They deserve to be condemned by us all! This is not a memorial site for criminals you know! One more thing...how many times do you have to post the same lame excuses for your thug homies. It made no more sense the first time than it did the third!
to steph

San Leandro, CA

#23 Dec 29, 2009
I know the Innocent kids that were robbed at gun point. Your little. "bits of sunshine" put a fully loaded gun to their heads and demanded thier stuff or they will KILL them.

Please pick up your dictionary and look up the word "karma". Also, what would be your feelings if those little "bits of sunshine" robbed you and put a gun to your head or your childs? The truth hurts... The world is a better place with your little bits of sunshine GONE.
Anonymous

Fremont, CA

#24 Dec 29, 2009
if you all knew the real truth, you wouldn't be judging. only reason why they say they were involved with an armed robbery was only from coincidence that there was an armed robbery down the main street reported shortly before they had their encounter with sheriff and hayward police.
it's funny how authorities never fail to mention even the littlest details in a tragic case like this. karma did come back to the drive though, keeping him alive to face the reality of what he's done plus what happened one year prior when he pulled a firearm after robbing the local safeway.
Fred C Dobbs

Berkeley, CA

#25 Dec 29, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
if you all knew the real truth, you wouldn't be judging. only reason why they say they were involved with an armed robbery was only from coincidence that there was an armed robbery down the main street reported shortly before they had their encounter with sheriff and hayward police.
it's funny how authorities never fail to mention even the littlest details in a tragic case like this. karma did come back to the drive though, keeping him alive to face the reality of what he's done plus what happened one year prior when he pulled a firearm after robbing the local safeway.
It's also funny how morons like YOU never fail to mention just the little known FACTS like on one of the dead thugs in the car they just happened to find the wallet of one of the victims of the armed robbery. The police initially thought the wallet belonged to the dead guy and went they went to the address listed in the wallet they found the owner of the wallet alive and well...except he and his friends had been the victims of these armed thugs a while earlier and we so scared of gang retribution (since they had their wallet and ID) they didn't want to call the police! Just a coincidence about one of the dead thugs having that wallet in his pants huh? Yeah right!
One more lil Indian left

San Leandro, CA

#26 Dec 30, 2009
One of the girls is still in the hospital. She was an accomplis. It was her car that Leo was driving. He made it a convertible for the summer time carjacking and robbery camping trips.

I wonder how she is feeling about now? Like what would she say at the funeral to the family of her friends? Oops. My bad. I'll drive next time.

I'm sorry for my words. The Good community of Hayward is no longer going to accept tragedys like this anymore. We are taking a stand against crime!
Call the police

San Leandro, CA

#27 Dec 30, 2009
When you see these thugs on the comer. Call the police
When you these thugs spraying the walls.
Call the police
When your kids are being bullied at school.
Call the police
When you see nothing but red or blue in the car. Call the police
When you see these kids cutting school and smoking weed. Call the police.
When you see these kids doing wrong.
Call the police.
You call say you want to report "anonomously"
report and maybe save a life of a kid.
Save our kids

San Leandro, CA

#28 Dec 30, 2009
It's our resposibility as adults to save our kids and community. We can no longer turn our back to these at risk kids. It takes a village to raise these kids these days.

Save of kids
Anonymous

Fremont, CA

#29 Dec 31, 2009
Fred C Dobbs wrote:
<quoted text>
It's also funny how morons like YOU never fail to mention just the little known FACTS like on one of the dead thugs in the car they just happened to find the wallet of one of the victims of the armed robbery. The police initially thought the wallet belonged to the dead guy and went they went to the address listed in the wallet they found the owner of the wallet alive and well...except he and his friends had been the victims of these armed thugs a while earlier and we so scared of gang retribution (since they had their wallet and ID) they didn't want to call the police! Just a coincidence about one of the dead thugs having that wallet in his pants huh? Yeah right!
I love how judgemental people can be. It only makes them thuggish from the actions of Leo, I mean go figure... A parolee will do something inconsiderate like that, just because one is bad doesn't mean the rest were up to no good. If you noticed that also, they failed to mention that any other person in the vehicle did NOT have a criminal record. Try getting the facts straight with people who actually KNOW the victims than to just falsely accuse them for being thugs. Everyone in that car didn't ask for that, in fact I know if my cousin was alive today I know her intentions were never to be in that sort of situation or else I know she'd still be alive today.
The truth hurts

San Leandro, CA

#30 Dec 31, 2009
Tell me who your friends are? And I'll tell you who you are.

The truth hurts. Choose your friends wisely.

That's the bottom line. Choice!
Fred C Dobbs

Berkeley, CA

#31 Dec 31, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how judgemental people can be. It only makes them thuggish from the actions of Leo, I mean go figure... A parolee will do something inconsiderate like that, just because one is bad doesn't mean the rest were up to no good. If you noticed that also, they failed to mention that any other person in the vehicle did NOT have a criminal record. Try getting the facts straight with people who actually KNOW the victims than to just falsely accuse them for being thugs. Everyone in that car didn't ask for that, in fact I know if my cousin was alive today I know her intentions were never to be in that sort of situation or else I know she'd still be alive today.
Of course people are judgmental! We all judge people based on their actions every day, in other words form opinions of them based on their behavior. That is just as it should be! Do you think if you were being beaten up by your partner regularly you could just say "Oh no! I just can't judge him (or her)! I'll leave it to God to do that!" You don't think we should judge Adolph Hitler or Charles Manson or the 9/11 hijackers? If that's the case you are either naive or just plain ignorant! The other two boys were definitely involved in the robbery, one was holding a gun at the victim's head in fact (and if you don't think he would have blown his victim's brains out if he didn't comply again you are either naive or ignorant!). Did the two girls protest this criminal activity? I don't know but I doubt it. There is a time for people of integrity and conscience to say "I want no part of this! Let me out of this car NOW!" and there is no evidence that took place here. More likely the girls were well aware of what was about to happen and laughing with the boys after they jacked the robbery victims. The degree of the girls' complicity is unknown but the assessment of the boys behavior appears to be completely valid and warranted I think. The were indeed thugs! The reason they didn't have criminal records is quite possibly that they just hadn't been caught yet! Look it's a tragic event for all concerned. I truly sympathize for the friends and family of the deceased who were not responsible for what happened. The fact remains that when you associate with thugs and participate in criminal activities with thugs you will be labeled a thug and you better be prepared to pay the ultimate price! No one responsible for that but yourself!
jamie

Fresno, CA

#32 Nov 17, 2013
maybe the parents robbed before too?????
one

Decatur, AL

#33 Feb 8, 2014
The Man In The Sky wrote:
These kids will be turned away from heavens gates. They died after they comnitted an evil act. Do not pray for Them as they are not in heaven.
Crime and evil will never be accepted in heavan.
Foolish you have no idea what went through their minds before death. God is not in the business of destroying souls. Judge not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
law enforecment in chico ca. 2 hr News 2
Replenish the aquifer (Jan '14) 3 hr Salmo Trutta 12
The truth that NOBODY will put out there, other... 3 hr Muckraker 33
Police: Gray should've received medical care be... 5 hr 0fact0 56
Libtards may charge Baltimore Mom Smacking Son 7 hr Not a stupid cons... 13
Coal ash contamination upsets residents near No... 10 hr Not a stupid cons... 1
GRANDPA NICOLAI & The right is wrong 11 hr Not a stupid cons... 23
More from around the web

Chico People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE