“Children addicted adults sleep”
Since: Jan 08
#1 Nov 30, 2012
When Paul Zingg was offered these suggestions February 9, 2009, they were ignored.
“Recommendations for reducing teen and young adult deaths in the
City of Chico due to alcohol and or drugs”
1. Create community and campus education awareness campaign regarding the lethal effects of blending alcohol, illicit and prescription drugs.
2. Create community and campus education awareness campaign regarding lethal effects of binge drinking.
3. Provide education and awareness for bars, bartenders regarding the lethal effects of binge drinking and how to detect and intervene.
4. Increased police foot patrol presence on Fifth and Ivy streets and downtown, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
5. Request additional Alcohol and Beverage Control presence throughout the year in heavily frequented student bars.
6. Chico day of remembrance for the students lost to alcohol and or drugs.
7. California State University day of remembrance for the students lost to alcohol and or drugs.
8. Make Town and Gown a year-round committee.
9. Student alcohol and or drug deaths tracked and evaluated.
10. Student alcohol and or drug overdoses at Enloe Medical Center tracked and evaluated.
11. Place memorials on campus for students who have died from alcohol and or drugs.
12. Since the CSU tracks student’s deaths from alcohol and or drugs, set a numeric death level of concern and intervention for the CSU to know when to publicly address a spike in student deaths. Five student deaths in 19 months should have triggered someone’s interest. Who is that someone?
13. Publicly define house party. Does it mean front-yard area as well? Does it mean public walkway party? Does it mean a party that is inside the house and or enclosed in the back yard? Are bands allowed at house parties? Are house parties with bands under any ordinance? Are Chico police capable of controlling house parties?
14.CSU could utilize the student’s internet information site as a drug prevention education awareness media. CSU needs to utilize every resource in its arsenal and stop relying on past accomplishments. Every student checks their grades through the internet, give them some facts, like the numbers of students who have recently died.
15. Chico bars have bottled drinking water and cups available for free.
16. Randomly periodic Chico Police Department foot patrol officers enter bars.
Chairman: Not In Our Town Glenn County
Add your comments below
|Erase EVERYTHING NEGGIR-BOY-O||8 hr||Godfrey||2|
|The Illegal NEGGIR-O/RUSSIAN Connection About T...||8 hr||Godfrey||3|
|War on Goal is Over.Trump Trump Trump||9 hr||Godfrey||1|
|Trump spends 33% of his time as President Playi...||11 hr||Bob Luvs To Pretend||9|
|Whenever Trump claims something is 100% TRUE, y...||12 hr||Godfrey||2|
|Why do Pathological Conservatard RepubliKLAN LI...||12 hr||Godfrey||2|
|Trump Budget DISATER is called COMPASSIONATE by...||12 hr||Godfrey||4|
Find what you want!
Search Chico Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC