Romney says he gives 10 percent to ch...
Jon Paul

Chico, CA

#23 Sep 9, 2012
I don't make silly bets...
So what? I agree Mormons are very generous to "their" kind and help "their kind" quite often....I will leave it at that.

Willard M Romney
2010 U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
Statement 5 (A)
Cash Contributions
The Church of Latter-Day Saints
$1,525,167.

So tell me. Is that 10%?

Enlighten me.

You need to tell your Romney, prove it; we want to see your tax returns.
Sam Lowree wrote:
I will bet that Romney gives at least 10% to his church. I know some Mormons and they are very generous with their donations to the church, and the church as well as the members are very generous when it comes to helping those in the church in need of assistance. I do know some who were on the receiving end of Mormon generosity.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#24 Sep 9, 2012
Laughing at One moron wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhhhhhhhh, butt Here is One, the pedophile from Puerto Vallarta Mexico knows everything, or at least he says so.

Don't get the SOB pissed at you cause he'll follow you forever.
poor village liar can't back up anything she says
Here is One

United States

#25 Sep 9, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
poor village liar can't back up anything she says
You are PATHETIC!
Enough said!!!!!
Jon Paul

Chico, CA

#26 Sep 11, 2012
I wonder why Sam Lowree is avoiding the question?

hmm...
Tea Party Solution

Paradise, CA

#27 Sep 11, 2012
The Mormons give, supposedly, 10% of their incomes to the church, and they can write that off their taxes as 'charity'.

You would think that charity means giving to humanitarian issues-- like feeding the poor.

But giving to the Mormon Church may not go much to actual charity, and may be in fact an investment in the Mormon businesses.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-07-...

"A study co-written by Cragun and recently published in Free Inquiry estimates that the Mormon Church donates only about 0.7 percent of its annual income to charity; the United Methodist Church gives about 29 percent.

Historian D. Michael Quinn, who is working on a book about the LDS Church’s finances and businesses,“The Mormon Church is very different than any other church.… Traditional Christianity and Judaism make a clear distinction between what is spiritual and what is temporal, while Mormon theology specifically denies that there is such a distinction.”

To Latter-day Saints, opening megamalls, operating a billion-dollar media and insurance conglomerate, and running a Polynesian theme park are all part of doing God’s work. Says Quinn:“In the Mormon [leadership’s] worldview, it’s as spiritual to give alms to the poor, as the old phrase goes in the Biblical sense, as it is to make a million dollars.”
Tea Party Solution

Paradise, CA

#28 Sep 11, 2012
But the Mormon Church says that the 10% tithes demanded from it's members go to helping their own. This from a past member of the Mormon cult:

"Let's look at the numbers.

Total number of years: 25 years
Total amount of aid:$1,212.2 million (cash 327.6 + materials 884.6)(figures are from the Mormon church)

Amount of aid per year:($1,212.2 / 25 yr)=$48.5 million per year

Let's assume an average of 12 million members of the church over that 25 year time span.

($80.8 / 12)=$6.73 per member given in charitable aid per year!!!

Just so that this is clear - The Mormon church only gives out $6.73 in charitable aid per member per year.

Are you disgusted yet? How many thousand of dollars did most of us give in tithing and did so faithfully for years. Where did all this money go? Shopping malls. Resort hotels. Hunting preserves for the wealthy and for general authorities. etc.

Mormons should have their own occupy movement and quit paying tithing until the books are opened. The media should demand openness of a non-profit organization. Most for profit public corporations give more charitable aid per employee than this so called church.

As a reference, here is some info on the $3,000,000,000 (3 billion dollar) mall: http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon403.htm
Tea Party Solution

Paradise, CA

#29 Sep 11, 2012
The Mormon Church is very secretive about what businesses and political causes it contributes to.

Sounds a lot like the secretive Romney/ Ryan, doesn't it? They won't tell us what 'tax loopholes' are supposedly going to be closed.

Sounds a lot like Romney's stance against disclosing more tax returns.

And does anyone really know his stance about women's health, about Limbaugh's rants against Sandra Fluke, about his Medicare or Romneycare (I mean Obamacare) platforms?

There's no there there.
Tea Party Solution

Paradise, CA

#30 Sep 11, 2012
Bloomberg has reported that the Mormon Church owns a whole slew of businesses worth billions of dollars including:

11 radio stations, a TV station, an insurance company worth 3.3 billion, one million acres of land in the USA, 7,000 acres in Oahu, Hawaii, parking lots, malls, a college, residential buildings, office parks, a hospitality business, a publish and distribution company, a news paper and a 2 billion dollar mega mall in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Of all of these holdings, the tax shelter status and where the donations are really going is nobody’s business, no one is accountable to the US government for the profit center business this church has been allowed to accumulate and pay no tax.

The Mormon Church is not a Church it is a Business Enterprise and therefore the “tax Free Status” should be stripped from it completely. This church is not about the business of charity, it is about profiteering through the guise of a church status.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115890/forums/re...

“Facts”

Location hidden

#31 Sep 11, 2012
Tea Party Solution wrote:
The Mormons give, supposedly, 10% of their incomes to the church, and they can write that off their taxes as 'charity'.
You would think that charity means giving to humanitarian issues-- like feeding the poor.
But giving to the Mormon Church may not go much to actual charity, and may be in fact an investment in the Mormon businesses.
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-07-...
"A study co-written by Cragun and recently published in Free Inquiry estimates that the Mormon Church donates only about 0.7 percent of its annual income to charity; the United Methodist Church gives about 29 percent.
Historian D. Michael Quinn, who is working on a book about the LDS Church’s finances and businesses,“The Mormon Church is very different than any other church.… Traditional Christianity and Judaism make a clear distinction between what is spiritual and what is temporal, while Mormon theology specifically denies that there is such a distinction.”
To Latter-day Saints, opening megamalls, operating a billion-dollar media and insurance conglomerate, and running a Polynesian theme park are all part of doing God’s work. Says Quinn:“In the Mormon [leadership’s] worldview, it’s as spiritual to give alms to the poor, as the old phrase goes in the Biblical sense, as it is to make a million dollars.”
The church is a non profit like planed parent hood and your contributions are deductible....

There are 100s of gay non profits that promote gay marriage and even child molestation and they are also a tax deduction.......

If you are saying we need to rein in some of these non profit groups be prepared for some of your liberal ones to go away also.....

But moronic liberals would see no problem with a group that murders unborn children be tax deductible.....

“Facts”

Location hidden

#32 Sep 11, 2012
But the Mormon Church says that the 10% tithes demanded from it's members go to helping their own. This from a past member of the Mormon cult:
"Let's look at the numbers.
Total number of years: 25 years
Total amount of aid:$1,212.2 million (cash 327.6 + materials 884.6)(figures are from the Mormon church)
Amount of aid per year:($1,212.2 / 25 yr)=$48.5 million per year
Let's assume an average of 12 million members of the church over that 25 year time span.
($80.8 / 12)=$6.73 per member given in charitable aid per year!!!
Just so that this is clear - The Mormon church only gives out $6.73 in charitable aid per member per year.
Are you disgusted yet? How many thousand of dollars did most of us give in tithing and did so faithfully for years. Where did all this money go? Shopping malls. Resort hotels. Hunting preserves for the wealthy and for general authorities. etc.
Mormons should have their own occupy movement and quit paying tithing until the books are opened. The media should demand openness of a non-profit organization. Most for profit public corporations give more charitable aid per employee than this so called church.
As a reference, here is some info on the $3,000,000,000 (3 billion dollar) mall: http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon403.htm
Are you know claiming you were once a Mormon???.......ROTFLMAO

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Chico, CA

#33 Sep 12, 2012
Jon Paul wrote:
I will leave it at that.

<quoted text>
Good.

Chico, CA

#34 Sep 12, 2012
The Mormon Church is very secretive about what businesses and political causes it contributes to.
Sounds a lot like the secretive Romney/ Ryan, doesn't it? They won't tell us what 'tax loopholes' are supposedly going to be closed.
Sounds a lot like Romney's stance against disclosing more tax returns.
And does anyone really know his stance about women's health, about Limbaugh's rants against Sandra Fluke, about his Medicare or Romneycare (I mean Obamacare) platforms?
There's no there there.
Do you tell all the world about your business dealings?

Sandra Fluke is being used by the Dems. Poor 30 year old Fluke cannot go down to Planned Parenthood and get her free contraception. She wants the tax payers to pay for it. Fluke and the Dems are losers if in a country with 23 million unemployed they find birth control paid for by tax payers as a major issue.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#35 Sep 12, 2012
Jon Paul wrote:
So what? I agree Mormons are very generous to "their" kind and help "their kind" quite often....I will leave it at that.
Willard M Romney
2010 U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
Statement 5 (A)
Cash Contributions
The Church of Latter-Day Saints
$1,525,167.
So tell me. Is that 10%?
Enlighten me.
You need to tell your Romney, prove it; we want to see your tax returns.
<quoted text>
After your god oslama shows us is school transcripts..........LOL
Tea Party Solution

Chico, CA

#36 Sep 12, 2012
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you tell all the world about your business dealings?
Sandra Fluke is being used by the Dems.
If I was running for president, and especially if my platform was all about the economy, taxes, and so on-- YES, I would expect the American public to want to see more of my tax returns.

Sandra Fluke was used by Limbaugh and the other haters, and the repub candidates did not have the guts to stand up to this hate. Of course the dems need to point this out.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#37 Sep 12, 2012
<quoted text>
If I was running for president, and especially if my platform was all about the economy, taxes, and so on-- YES, I would expect the American public to want to see more of my tax returns.
Sandra Fluke was used by Limbaugh and the other haters, and the repub candidates did not have the guts to stand up to this hate. Of course the dems need to point this out.
Then why has oslama not released his school records????
C Walkins

Chico, CA

#38 Sep 12, 2012
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
Good.
Great!

So tell me. Is $1,525,167. 10%?
Jon Paul

Chico, CA

#39 Sep 12, 2012
Sam is just going to avoid the question.
C Walkins wrote:
<quoted text>
Great!

Chico, CA

#40 Sep 12, 2012
<quoted text>
You stated that the Mormon church was secretive about their business dealings. Is the Mormon church running for POTUS? I haven't seen anything in print about Obama's investments or school transcripts.

Do you really want Sandra Fluke representing your party? A 30 year old student who can't even pay for her own birth control. What a representative of your party. She doesn't represent any women that I know but she does represent the society the Left wants.

Chico, CA

#41 Sep 12, 2012
C Walkins wrote:
<quoted text>
Great!
10 % of what?

Are you sure that the number you posted is all that Romney donated to charity? The only way your charitable donations make it to your tax records is if you claim them. I make charitable donations all the time without claiming them, as do many Christians that I know. I would hazard a guess that there are Mormons that do the same.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#42 Sep 13, 2012
Jon Paul wrote:
<quoted text>Sam is just going to avoid the question.
looks like you were proven to be a liar again..........LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Is To Sick To Be President 57 min ANONYMOUS 3
Everyone HATES Hillary 1 hr ANONYMOUS 1
Time To Arrest Soros 13 hr Middle of the road 2
Benghazi Truth Coming Out 13 hr Bob Should Go Away 7
Is It Tme To Go To War With Mexico 13 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 1
Streisand Leaves America (Thank god) 14 hr Middle of the road 7
We Are Close - Keep Up The Good Work 15 hr Stay Away Bob 1

Chico Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance