Blanchard, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2011

Judged:

What has happened to reporting the facts. The Anadarko Daily News has filled its pages with propangda for several years now. Yellow journalism at its finest! I'm surprised that someone else hasn't started a competing paper...they would put this rag out of business in a heartbeat!!!
MissGuided

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2011

Judged:

The ADN prints less stories about Anadarko than the Lawton Constitution does. It's sad when the 'reporters' they have can't even write about local news. Other than the sports page, classifieds and public records, 99% of what is in the paper is 'national news'. I love how they print the same story twice in the same edition with different headlines! Oh and let's not forget how wonderful it is to be able to use the paper to educate my children. I have them proofread it when they bring home a copy from school. There's no way I'd spend my hard earned money on the ADN!
Bewildered

Anadarko, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

Judged:

Agree with both the above. Little or no (or yellow) journalism, littered with grammatical errors and spelling mistakes (especially the weekend editorials which are starting to show definite signs of senility).

This paper SHOULD maybe be a weekly - with local news. Instead they publish daily and pad it with nothing but AP stuff, so they can get 6 days advertising income.

The only time this paper SEEMS to go on a crusade is when Carolyn hears that people are saying things about her in Cogar and then she needs to get to the bottom of things.
They call me RubbaNeck

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Judged:

I only read it for the classifieds and to see who got put in jail :) It's all AP news anyway, I wish it were more like The Carnegie Herold. That paper is filled with local content, like it should be!
whatdaheck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2011

Judged:

Well you can't get a minor traffic ticket in this town without the whole town knowing about it, only if your sorta rich can u keep the bad publicity about your family out of the paper, like when local realtor Sue Boswell's daughter died of a drug overdose in a bad part of town, that wasn't in the paper. I don't think there will ever be "real" local news in that paper, it more like a very big society column. Waste of newprint and time
Chiefsalad

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

Whatdaheck: Sue isn't rich lol Why would they put something like that in the paper anyway? don't be so rude.
Bananner

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2011

Hi Chief. The cool part about living in Anadarko is that when you want to know something that was left out of the paper, all you gotta do is wait and the info will surface. It will come out at wal mart, bowling alley, etc. I've been wondering what happend to that girl mentioned above and I live out of town. Sure enough it appeared in this anadarko forum. The uncool part is when my business gets circulated at wal mart, bowling alley, or an internet forum. Everyone knows that gossip is full of half truths. Which bad part of town was she found in? I know of 4 bad parts of town, North, South, East, and West LOL No one should expect the paper to print something so painful and personal. Just the facts baby! The girl died and all the rest is for friends and family to know. Maybe the Daily News should move towards being like the Enquirer..printing all gossip and wild stories about last nights parties, fashion disasters at Randlett Park haha that would be some good readin...
Family

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2011

Judged:

Well you can't get a minor traffic ticket in this town without the whole town knowing about it, only if your sorta rich can u keep the bad publicity about your family out of the paper, like when local realtor Sue Boswell's daughter died of a drug overdose in a bad part of town, that wasn't in the paper. I don't think there will ever be "real" local news in that paper, it more like a very big society column. Waste of newprint and time

Not sure where you heard your information, but she did not pass away in any bad part of town. Please for the sake of her family we are still grieving, keep your comments to your self.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2011

This person's Obituary was in the newspaper. I don't understand the infatuation of hearing tragic details of one's death is necessary.
Appalled

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2011

Judged:

whatdaheck wrote:
Well, I the ADN is bad like you say they are, you are much worse with the "facts" that you just printed. First of all, it was Sue's granddaughter that died. Second of all, she died in her home in Shady Acres, which is one of the nicest neighborhoods in Anadarko. Third, she had just had surgery and most likely died from a pulmonary embolism. Fourth, her cause of death doesn't change that her death was tragic and her family will suffer forever for her loss. Fifth your post was just cruel and I only hope that the same wouldn't happen to you or your family if you experienced a similar situation.
family

Tomball, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2011

Well, I the ADN is bad like you say they are, you are much worse with the "facts" that you just printed. First of all, it was Sue's granddaughter that died. Second of all, she died in her home in Shady Acres, which is one of the nicest neighborhoods in Anadarko. Third, she had just had surgery and most likely died from a pulmonary embolism. Fourth, her cause of death doesn't change that her death was tragic and her family will suffer forever for her loss. Fifth your post was just cruel and I only hope that the same wouldn't happen to you or your family if you experienced a similar situation

"Thank You!"
Smh

Watertown, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2011

Judged:

whatdaheck wrote:
Your a sad sad person to talk about sumone who has passed! U dnt knw anything about wut happen to Gina! U shud have more respect for her family then to post untrue gossip about her! Her family wud never post anythin hurtful if the same situation had happened to you! U obviously have no class!

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2011

Judged:

u see? this is the problem with the daily news. BECAUSE they don't print anything to do with anadarko other than those things that are reported by the AP, gossip is rampant.

i agree, someone needs to start another paper. i don't see how the paper will continue the way it is currently being run. they are well on their way to having their new building, and i don't know how they will be able to keep things going. i am sure their circulation is decreasing. i buy it occasionally, not near as often as i used to buy it and most people i talk to say the same thing.

very sad...very very sad.
Bewildered

Chickasha, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2011

Judged:

Someone told me that they exercise censorship, in the sense that it is highly unlikely that a press release or public interest story will find its' way into the paper unless you choose to advertise with them too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

I think "censorship" would be a way of liability and avoiding any legal issues.
Bewildered

Anadarko, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

I agree that they don't want 'legal issues' on their doorstep - but hard to see how they'd attract any liability with a Press Release

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2011

Not being a journalist or a legal professional, I couldn't comment on the liability of a Press Release unless the release had obvious inflammatory language.
dragonfly7137

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

Judged:

The 991E system. As, a tax payer in this county do the tax payers have the right to defend their rights to keep their house address?, These 911E people needs to leave the residents alone, they do not pay our taxes, etc.If I wanted a new address I would moved to a different address,
this whole system should have been voted in by the public
of this county. The commettee for the 911 do not realized
how screwed up it is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

as far as the forcing everyone to have a street address. that's not from the local 911 system. this is actually a law that is under the homeland security laws.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Judged:

quoting the ADN editorial regarding the now former coach joe paterno
'he has been on the coaching staff at penn state for 61 years, almost 46 as head coach. in a case of what he knew and what he did about it regarding his longtime defensive coach, whose name i can't remember right offhand, committing sexual offenses against eight young boys, has led to first his voluntary offer to resign at the end of this season.
However, penn state's board of trustees, having learned of the situation, has voted him out of his job right now. he doesn't even get to coach his team for its last home game this saturday. the announcement led to massive student demonstrations and to some extent other damages, too. not a nice ending to his career at penn state.
Don't know how this hits you, it at all. me, i'm aware of paterno's long history and successful career as a coach. he's coached more winning games than anyone else, highly regarded, and now summarily dismissed over something he had nothing to do with. apparently, the reason for the firing was he became aware of the offenses, but only reported it to his immediate superiors, who passed the information on to the president of penn state, who has been dismissed also.
Frankly, i don't know what i would have done in his position. the critics say he should have called the police, not done what he did. he has not been charged, just fired. i regret that, not a good way to end an exceptional career. i'm sure he and penn state will survive. i wish him well.'

WOW! where do i start? first of all...wish him well? IF he gets away from no charges being filed against him, here is what i wish for him. the total awareness of the things he allowed, enabled, ignored...call it what u will. things don't occur in a vacuum. these crimes were known among the coaching staff, the administration, some of the police. i believe this investigation has legs...and well it should.

for mr. mcbride to write such an editorial that appears to put forth the idea of either 'boys will be boys' or that a man who has so many good deeds in his life somehow negates any crime or absence of moral actions. so far, publicly there are 8 victims. the common knowledge is that when a pedophile is finally caught his numbers are in the triple digits.

i have one question to pose to you mr. mcbride. perhaps you have never considered this. what if that little 10 year old boy who was made to hold onto a wall while a 60 year old man who he trusted sodomized and raped him....what if it had been your sweet innocent beloved grandson?
while you think on that.....ask your wife and your daughter the same question.

one more thing...i wish for you.....awareness, knowledge, and thoughtful consideration.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chickasha Discussions

Search the Chickasha Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 59 min Gerty 69,412
Grady County Judge (Aug '09) 20 hr Heartbroken Mimi 53
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) Wed Max 2,579
Caddo County inmate dies Mon lol 5
New City Manager Jun 30 Hot under the collar 2
"Suck Up " Jun 30 If The Shoe Fits 1
moon lighting for the devil brian ? Jun 30 If The Shoe Fits 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chickasha Jobs

•••