District Attorney Burns upset with Ma...

District Attorney Burns upset with Marlow police department testimony

There are 925 comments on the Duncan Banner story from Oct 17, 2009, titled District Attorney Burns upset with Marlow police department testimony. In it, Duncan Banner reports that:

A case against a man for trafficking methamphetamine was tossed out of court Friday after two Marlow Police officers testified and evidence was inconsistent with their testimonies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Duncan Banner.

First Prev
of 47
Next Last
dream

United States

#936 Nov 11, 2010
Two lives were lost as a result of two individual's actions. If you run from the cops you take a chance of being hurt or killed. If you hang yourself you take a chance of being killed. The blame is on themselves and nobody else. I'm appalled that you say marlow has been terrorized by police like its some occupied country in world war 2. You're fake, over dramatic lies are seen through by everyone. No wonder nobody listens to you. You're lacking in the truth versus fantasy column big time.
Guest52 wrote:
Two lives were lost in this little town. Why have those incidents, along with so many others been ignored?
Here is a little example of what corruption causes. This is also an example of what should be done. This guy was convicted and got a life sentance. He was innocent and is being released. Life, he got life! He was innocent.
A federal grand jury has investigated police corruption in Tulsa, looking into alleged stolen drugs and money, nonexistent informants and tainted search warrants. Already, the names of eight Tulsa police officers have surfaced in the corruption probe, a World investigation shows. Five former and current police officers have been indicted on federal charges that include drug conspiracy, theft, witness tampering and perjury. Meanwhile, one former police officer and a former ATF agent have pleaded guilty in the federal probe. Additionally, an officer cooperating with federal prosecutors was fired for admitting that he planted drugs on drug suspects. Nineteen people have been freed from federal and state prison or have had their felony charges eliminated in state or federal court. The special prosecutor overseeing the investigation says an estimated 15 police officers could be charged or serve as witnesses in the corruption probe.
OLDEST FIRST NEWEST FIRST
Tulsa man's life sentence vacated 10/28/2010
A judge vacated a Tulsa man's federal life sentence for a drug conviction Wednesday as part of a federal investigation into police corruption in Tulsa, records show. U.S. District Judge James H. Payne threw out the life sentence being served by Demario T. Harris, 30, federal court records ...
Dipwad

Enid, OK

#937 Nov 12, 2010
Someone needs to change the name of this post. It should read the EX-DA. LMAO
Retired Cop

United States

#938 Nov 16, 2010
Cops are not trained to lie. They lie because they are morons. If what I read in these post, and in the newspaper, the one charged should be found guilty. My question, did the Chief and the other officer lie too? If so why weren't they charged. Why single out one for the benefit of prosecution and let the others go free? Sounds like the ELKS deal in Chickasha, go after a few and not all.
Drama

United States

#939 Nov 17, 2010
You can call it what you want but it is obvious you have not read a single legal document involving either case. If you had you would not be on here bragging about how right those officers were "belive me".
dream wrote:
Two lives were lost as a result of two individual's actions. If you run from the cops you take a chance of being hurt or killed. If you hang yourself you take a chance of being killed. The blame is on themselves and nobody else. I'm appalled that you say marlow has been terrorized by police like its some occupied country in world war 2. You're fake, over dramatic lies are seen through by everyone. No wonder nobody listens to you. You're lacking in the truth versus fantasy column big time. <quoted text>
Borat

Kazakhstan

#940 Jan 24, 2011
Hello good morning this is Borat speaking. Tell me please what it is like to live in this marlow. Are your policemans crooked?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 47
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chickasha Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gold river (Oct '15) Jun 18 Everyone a favor 34
Dana Vasquez Jun 18 Mememe 2
Keisha Mohr is Trash Jun 18 Death2KeishaMohr 38
What's going on at Georgia and 12th Street Jun 16 sonofabuck 1
Kayla Tapp: Horrible Mother Jun 15 James Luke 9
Judge David. A. Stephens (Apr '13) Jun 14 Best interest 13
Vanessa Liticker Jun 13 Jamie Dundee 4

Chickasha Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance