Disorderly drunks prompt trustees to put cop at library

Feb 11, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Oak Lawn/Evergreen Park Reporter

The Chicago Ridge Police Department will temporarily station a part-time officer at the village's library in an attempt to quell disorderly conduct there.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 57 of57
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Kent Dorfman

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

Judged:

Last time I was in the library it was like a frathouse in there. Why don't these drunks go somewhere else ?
Sammy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

Judged:

Im gonna bring some MD 20\20 to the liberry tonight, someone else bring me some smokes
Matt K

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

happy hour at the libary starts at 5 tonite
george barnett

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2011

The Drunks,Punks,and Vagrants need their own facilities.I suggest bringing back chain gangs.
Stranger

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2011

The Dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that, knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin''er easy for all us sinners."
Mr Gower

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Will drunks overrun the library during Ridgefest? Will the library continue the Reading With the Ridge Drunks summer program ?
Father Karras

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Your not my mother
Outhouse Beast

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Will the liberry be open during the Fest? I sorta need to know.
Kenny

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2011

Judged:

what time will evrybody be up at the fest tonite
Felix

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Judged:

This library sounds great. What's the cover charge?
Oscar

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2011

Judged:

I will be up there about 1 cuz i need to read a book
Donnie

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

Heading to Kenwood then the library cuz its cold out. Hoping there are some hot chicks in there today.
Ricky

Sedalia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2011

Judged:

Nothin to do and I got sum killer eggnog and some smokes. What time are we gonna goin on this Festivus?
term paper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

Thanks a lot ridge library patrons. I wrote a sh%tty term paper because i kept getting distracted by disorderly drunks and screaming little arab kids running around. I got a D on the paper you j.o's.
poo bear

Saint Clair, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Glen Elyn library should put in some poker machines and have dollar beer nites

"Seeking Young Adult Patrons, Library Taking Programs To Local Bars"

By Michelle Manchir TribLocal reporter

The Glen Ellyn Public Library has decided to target some programs at people in their 20s and 30s.(TribLocal file photo)
Young adults in Glen Ellyn aren’t visiting the local public library as frequently as library leaders say they’d like to see, so the library is taking their programs to twentysomethings where they might already be – at local bars. Beginning next month, Glen Ellyn Public Library is reaching out to adults in their 20s and 30s – especially those who are unmarried and want to mingle or young parents who may need a night out – by hosting programs at bars and restaurants.
“These programs are a great way to attract younger adult visitors to (the library) who might be more interested in attending a book group at a bar, rather than in the library itself,” said Marketing Coordinator Heidi Gustad, who is in her 20s. A new book group – dubbed “Books on Tap”– will have its first discussion, led by a librarian, at the Tap House Grill at 8 p.m. Feb. 16, where Suzanne Collins’ well-known “The Hunger Games” will be discussed. A trivia night at a sports bar in downtown Glen Ellyn is also on the schedule for February.
“It gives them the opportunity participate in the book discussion group and have some fun with their girlfriends all at the same time,” said Library Director Dawn Bussey. Young adults can sometimes be disenchanted with libraries, said Bussey, by associating the library as a place for little kids. The targeted programs aim to remind young adults that, like them, the services at the library have followed 21st century trends, offering music and ebook downloads as well as public Wi-Fi.
“For so long your traditional public library service was to children and to adults and there was sort of a gap in the middle,” Bussey said.
A “Grown-up Cooking Class” is the third item on the young adult programming agenda for February,“where patrons are encouraged to step up their cooking skills and embrace their inner grown-up,” according a release from the library. The February events are just the first few programs from the library that attempt to broaden its reach to the Glen Ellyn community, Bussey said.
“It’s important that we continue to be relevant,” Bussey said.“These folks are a portion of the community no different than the children or the senior citizens.”
LMFAO

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Judged:

I read this whole thread and the cemetary fence one too and couldn't stop laughing. You people are nuts
Norman

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

I stopped going when they caught me cutting pictures of nude pygmies out og the Nat Geos.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 57 of57
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Ridge Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance