Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1482992 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#669867 Jun 25, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
What Really Happens If the Supreme Court Strikes Down the Mandate?
"We can game this out, but first you have to understand just who would be most upset by a ruling like this. The answer is: insurance companies. You see, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires insurance companies to accept anyone who applies for coverage and to charge everyone (with some specific exceptions) roughly the same rate. This works fine if insurance companies get a random selection of customers. They can easily figure out the average cost of care for this random group and then charge everyone that average, plus a little extra so they make some money. Nice and neat.
But without a mandate, they're unlikely to get a random selection of customers. Instead, healthy folks will probably stay out of the market and buy coverage only when they come down with some kind of serious illness. This is a disaster for insurers. They aren't getting regular premium payments from these customers, but they still have to pay for their million-dollar proton beam therapy when they get prostate cancer. Too much of this kind of behavior and they'll be out of business."
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2012/06...
Give it up.

I don't think I'm alone in my time-saving strategy of first looking at the links in your posts before even reading them.

Mother Jones, Media Matters, Talking Points, Huffington, MSNBC, NY Times. USA Today's "Oval Orifice".... when I see these, it's time to move on. And I normally do.

Your posts are "Fly Over Country" like the Left Coast or Obama's Chicago.
Realtime

Winter Springs, FL

#669868 Jun 25, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
all vacant homes sell at the right price...
but low interest rates encourage banks/owners to hang on longer waiting for a rebound...
Tell Bobby Ginn dummy or google Bella Colina which is an vacant subdivision of his featuring homes in the millions range that are falling apart and will likely meet the bulldozer before they meet a buyer. Here's a clue, he wasn't spending his own money but some banks.

You're the first, second and third stupidest poster on this thread pal.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#669869 Jun 25, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that makes sense if you have no friends or family to entertain, except that cardboard boxes are breeding grounds for roaches.
Lily admits her children were conceived on cardboard boxes.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#669870 Jun 25, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
the diversify part.
Ask a biologist, I'm not a biologist.

Ask Carol, she used to be a teacher!

Maybe not ...

Lapeer, MI

#669871 Jun 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everyone believes life begins at conception.
It's your belief.
So then when *does* Life begin, Mr. Wizard?

When two pebbles meet in a stream?

When the Stork makes a Pick-up?

When you show up at the party?

Fool.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#669872 Jun 25, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats, this is the dumbest post of the day so far and I am putting it up for consideration for the week.
Illogical as your comment is to follow it through then this would extend to football coaches,grade school teachers (remember CA), etc.
Sometimes taking cheap swipes, no I change it to -taking cheap swipes usually ends up with you slapping your own face.
Oh, there hasn't been a preponderance of institutionalized child sex abuse in the Catholic Church?

Must have dreamt it.
Nobama

United States

#669873 Jun 25, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
So your solution is to ban the Catholic Church?
Pretty extreme dontcha think?
the Roman Catholic Church has Constitutionally guaranteed freedoms, but not a get-out-of-jail free card....

for their own good, the Church should either purge homosexuals from the priesthood or assure that there is no unsupervised contact...
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#669874 Jun 25, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ayn Rand" but now I've forgotten the context.
JEB reads too many far Left sites. What he is clucking about is that Ayn Rand took Medicare and Social Security money after getting lung cancer. Maybe JEB, doesn't realize that working people pay into these accounts.
Gunner

Middletown, CT

#669875 Jun 25, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
still no response about your favorite Tesla electric cars "bricking", costing owners a $40,000 repair???...
Watts up with that?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#669876 Jun 25, 2012
MixedandProud6663 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know Florida, I am eating a nice steak for lunch. It's really juicy and tender. I know you don't have any money so I will be nice. If you clean the bathrooms and mow the lawn, I will give you my leftovers)))
Will that be before or after taxes?
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#669877 Jun 25, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask a biologist, I'm not a biologist.
Ask Carol, she used to be a teacher!
Maybe not ...
Now we are full circle. Carol says no one knows, you say everyone knows, now you say you don't know. It appears you were just being argumentative with Carol.

Lapeer, MI

#669878 Jun 25, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
The Kenyan lizard's communist coup is an abject failure.
The Kenyan is a dope as well as being on it.
DAN RIEHL: Priceless: WaPo blames constitutional law instructor Obama for possible ObamaCare Failure.“We can’t know for certain how the Court may rule on health care this week. But watching Washington as usual play out driven by a sense of doom is still something of a hoot. If it does go down and Obama fails to win re-election, he won’t have any positive legacy at all in the end.”
Perhaps if Obama had ever written any scholarly articles on the Commerce Clause, he’d have had a better understanding. But then, he never wrote any scholarly articles on anything. As former Obama colleague Richard Epstein said:“I like Obama but I reject the suggestion that he is an intellectual. He is an activist merely mimicking the mannerisms of an intellectual.”
"As former Obama colleague Richard Epstein said:“I like Obama but I reject the suggestion that he is an intellectual. He is an activist merely mimicking the mannerisms of an intellectual.” "

Simplified: He's an amateur wearing an Affirmative Action Suit.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#669880 Jun 25, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, there hasn't been a preponderance of institutionalized child sex abuse in the Catholic Church?
Must have dreamt it.
It is ridiculous for you to even pretend that pedophiles is isolated to one religion, race, nationality, etc. It is simplistic thinking.
JEB

Studio City, CA

#669881 Jun 25, 2012
"Let's stop giving tax breaks to businesses that ship jobs and factories overseas and let's reward companies who create jobs and manufacturing right here in America," Obama said. "Mr. Romney disagrees with this. Today it was reported in the Washington Post that the companies his firm owned were pioneers in the outsourcing of jobs to places like China and India. Pioneers."
The president told the assembled crowd that he was running for reelection because of a contrast between "top-down economics" and "middle class-out economics."
The Romney campaign quickly returned fire, accusing the president of using "false and discredited attacks to divert attention from his abysmal economic record."
"If President Obama had even half of Mitt Romney’s record on jobs, he’d be running on it," said Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul. "But President Obama has the worst record on jobs and the economy of any president in modern history, which is why he is running a campaign based on distractions, not solutions.”
Earlier in the day, the Romney campaign dismissed the Post story as giving the false impression that the firms that Bain invested in helped move jobs overseas.
SADKO00301

Carlsbad, NM

#669882 Jun 25, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't say that though did he? He correctly stated that it is the Executive Branch's responsibility to execute our laws. "Execute", "executive" ... get it?
Read the Constitution.
Well perhaps you should re-read it - he did not say that
He said something like "the presidents core responsibility is to make law"
or something equally retarded... Besides what you said agrees with me

the President has a responsibility to either veto or SIGN BILLS INTO LAW

that's part of the constitution and his OATH,

yet Obama chose to ignore BOTH and simply by Memo and Selected Enforcement bypass the Legislative branch and the will of the people
and grant citizenship to 16-30 year old illegal aliens in an attempt to swing an election in his favor...

what kind of quandary will this make if Obama wins by a very slight margin due to states like Florida and California
i think they have 45 electoral votes each or some such.
So suppose he barely wins these two states because of the formerly illegal aliens now Citizens by Obama decree.. these states push him over just barely in electoral votes....

It would mean he just won an election by creating voters to vote for him

this is NOT called a Free and Fair election
and if any country on earth did some shit like Obama is doing
(which they do in Russia and 3rd world countries)
Then the US would more than likely NOT RECOGNIZE the new leader
and would be calling for the UN to monitor the next election to make sure it was fair and free

Lapeer, MI

#669883 Jun 25, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Bloomberg News is as brain dead as Jean.....
America hates Obamacare....
Obama fiddled with this crap while the economy crashed...
it's the economy, stupid...
Lately, whenever I read "Bloomberg News" anywhere, I see low and absent credibility with pro-Obama swill dressed up as "business" news.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#669884 Jun 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting our economy back on track is righting the ship, not arranging deck chairs.
So when are you right wingers figuring on helping this country recover?
If we invoked your plan, how does a few million more unemployed help? How will you pay for the extra costs associated with those additional layoffs?
But hey, the whole thing is likely a waste of time. The right wants to deregulate & reduce revenues (just like they did to get us where we are today). The SC says our politicians can be openly for sale. Republicans want tax breaks for offshoring jobs. It is now good business practice to think of only short term profits. And dumbass right wingers think the US has enough oil not to be slaves of oil rich nations forever.
What you fail to understand is the crash is going to happen. Propping it up with printed money and borrowing is only prolonging the inevitable and making the crash even worse. To keep digging the hole is insane. Best to control the crash by reducing government spending at a pace not too detrimental to the economy. There will be much pain but it has to be done. Our future is playing out in Europe if we don't get spending under control. A big crash or a controlled crash, one or the other, but a crash is coming.
Gunner

Middletown, CT

#669885 Jun 25, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
the Sandusky case illustrates the extreme risk of allowing homosexuals to have access to young boys....
Au contraire. Haven't you heard?

Leftist gays are perfectly safe.
Nobama

United States

#669886 Jun 25, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO, that's flacks hero not mine goofball.
Apparently those weird enough to dump $100K into a really good looking car need to understand that they need to drive the damn thing regularly or the batteries will go south leaving them with a handsome replacement bill. Who gives a shyt besides your dumb azz?
That S African mutt is gonna mine all the helium the moon has to offer and put all the oil, coal and gas companies out of business, where have you been out picking mushrooms?
Oh, and BTW pal, volunteer fire departments are not as common as your stupid azz thinks.
the Tesla is designed with batteries that draw power when the car is not in operation....

the Tesla has no provisions to recharge a fully-discharged battery...

so if you drive your Tesla to the airport and leave it there a few days without being hooked up to a charger...you're screwed...

we have a volunteer fire department...they are very common here, except in the bankrupt cities...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#669887 Jun 25, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, and furthermore; whosoever thought it was a good idea for the illegals not to have a driving license didn't think of the ramifications for everyone else. The licensed drivers have to pay more for unlicensed coverage; illegals are still driving; stealing license plates and stickers from other cars, etc. Let them have licenses so they can buy insurance and register cars.
I thought they were law abiding people that just came here to work. Stupid fck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fruity Moodies On the Move in January 2 hr Fruit Truck 1
Where is Sally? 18 hr new faces 10
Our Lady of the Ridge School Closing Sat Blame Game 20
who GEORGE SCHLEYER? (May '12) Thu Bro In Law 67
Who is running for Mayor of Chicago Ridge? Jan 19 FaceIt 77
Scott Schaal scam (Nov '12) Jan 16 say what 20
why is this!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Feb '08) Jan 14 Camel 14

Chicago Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance