First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Restaurant

Palos Hills, IL

#1 Mar 6, 2011
I heard that Animal Welfare is buying the Nickobees Restaurant. Is that true? Don't get me wrong, i like Fido & Kitty but that's a big piece of property to be tax exempt. Isn't the place they have big enough? With food prices skyrocketing and gas prices at almost $4.00. A Big heating bill season. We will need a Bigger People Welfare League.
Animal lover

United States

#2 Mar 7, 2011
That doesn't sound right. They don't even have enough money to feed the homeless animals, where are they going to get money to buy another piece of property?
My dog Bo

Palos Hills, IL

#3 Mar 7, 2011
I have heard that too. They think they need more room. You have no idea how many folks leave $$ in their Wills to Animal Groups. Big bucks. I am not sure Chicago Ridge should be tax exempting another Big piece of property. We are just a small town.
Clearly

Chicago, IL

#4 Mar 7, 2011
My dog Bo wrote:
I have heard that too. They think they need more room. You have no idea how many folks leave $$ in their Wills to Animal Groups. Big bucks. I am not sure Chicago Ridge should be tax exempting another Big piece of property. We are just a small town.
Many people would rather leave their big bucks when they die to a good cause rather than to an ungrateful relative. Good for them.
My dog Bo

Palos Hills, IL

#5 Mar 7, 2011
I agree with you. It's their $$ and they can't take it with them. These animals need help. I don't know much about Real Estate but i am guess the Building they currently have is 1/2 Million? or more and the Restaurant seems to be that or more. Can't some other town offer them tax exempt property? Haven't CR done enough?
Restaurant

Palos Hills, IL

#6 Mar 7, 2011
Agree, The homeless Animals are out of control. So are the homeless people. All the foreclosures.
Big Al

Palos Hills, IL

#7 Mar 9, 2011
I heard Sonny dragged it into foreclosure. Don't we get a vote for another big tax- exempt property?
Gina me

Palos Hills, IL

#8 Apr 10, 2011
http://www.state.il.us/lcc/tdq.asp 60415. They still need to get a new liquor license. Fido & Kitty too, all have current licenses. How & where do they get their booze delivered 2? Penalty, Fine!
Go Gina

Palos Hills, IL

#9 Apr 12, 2011
I get it now. So why is it Nikobees & Durbins have expired Liquor licenses? Every other business seems current.
Food and Sanitation

Palos Hills, IL

#11 Apr 28, 2011
Nikobees? I have gone to the 103 Harlem for years. I didn't know they moved. I thought they closed down. I went to the New Nickobees an 103rd st. I was happy to see the same food & same owners/ waitresses. 4 times this year. But food was cold. The 2nd time i complained. I was told the Steam Table was broke. For 6 months? I ate room temp. food for 24 hrs.+?. Pucke. That's ? make me puke some more. Don't we have Health/ Food Sanitation Inspectorates ? They are on they Pay Roll. Who is on the payroll? pushing a pen and not expecting? Also The Bathrooms smell like...Ugh......!
the real Gina

Evergreen Park, IL

#12 Jun 23, 2011
They have been sneeking into loop holes in the law. They no longer have a business license so, the Health Inspector does not have them on the list so they no longer visit. The Liquor license expired in March. The License is on the wall in the Bar. They only have to pay a $200 fine, if they get caught.
Rich D

Evergreen Park, IL

#13 Jun 26, 2011
So are you saying the Nikobees has not a current Liquor License? The Liquor is delivered in Worth another place and CR is missing out on the License fee and the Liquor sales tax? Really? How can this be?
Rich D

Evergreen Park, IL

#14 Jun 26, 2011
and?? Animal Welfare bought it and they are non-profit and don't have to pay the sales tax or fees? How can that be right?
martini girl

Chicago Ridge, IL

#15 Jun 27, 2011
Nickobees will be closing on August 1.

The new building further down SW HWY will be open for business, but there will be no beer garden until next year. This info came from the owner.
Long Island

Evergreen Park, IL

#16 Jun 27, 2011
Did the owner happen to know why they don't have to have an Illinois State Liquor License? Are they ' Special'?
Martini girl

Chicago Ridge, IL

#17 Jul 1, 2011
We do not know if it's even true about the liquor license. We can only assume it expired because one person here said so.
i hate kitties

Buffalo, NY

#18 Jul 1, 2011
Hate them.Filthy felines.
Rich D

Evergreen Park, IL

#19 Jul 1, 2011
http://www.state.il.us/lcc/tdq.asp Martini girl, you know so much , you must work there. You just admitted to it. It is illegal to sell your booze with out a license. Even if you are the bartender. You are part of the cover-up? You can be arrested too. Even if they move to the other place in August, they & you need a license to sell booze. The license should be posted in the Bar. Whats your excuse? Can't read ? Hope you bring a little Bond $$ to work with you.
Smokey

Chicago, IL

#20 Jul 1, 2011
Rich D wrote:
http://www.state.il.us/lcc/tdq .asp Martini girl, you know so much , you must work there. You just admitted to it. It is illegal to sell your booze with out a license. Even if you are the bartender. You are part of the cover-up? You can be arrested too. Even if they move to the other place in August, they & you need a license to sell booze. The license should be posted in the Bar. Whats your excuse? Can't read ? Hope you bring a little Bond $$ to work with you.
What kinda license do you need to have pay-out poker machines?
Ernie Bishop

Itasca, IL

#21 Jul 1, 2011
Rich D wrote:
http://www.state.il.us/lcc/tdq .asp Martini girl, you know so much , you must work there. You just admitted to it. It is illegal to sell your booze with out a license. Even if you are the bartender. You are part of the cover-up? You can be arrested too. Even if they move to the other place in August, they & you need a license to sell booze. The license should be posted in the Bar. Whats your excuse? Can't read ? Hope you bring a little Bond $$ to work with you.
Sounds like you are trying to work up some extra money for yourself. What's the matter Richie ? Funds a little short ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Earl 1,685,483
Beyond 2018 28 min Oh Please 29
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 32 min Junket 11,799
Trump is A 1 hr No wall aho 387
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Rose of Tralee 105,442
Do you approve of Justin Slaughter State Rep 27... 1 hr Change Is Needed 7
Anyone But Domingo. 1 hr Change Is Needed 11

Chicago Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance