Next Last
rocco

Oak Lawn, IL

#1 Jan 5, 2013
saw on news Ridge dep. chief arrested 4 attempted murder in Tinley
zippo

Oak Lawn, IL

#2 Jan 5, 2013
January 5, 2013 (CHICAGO RIDGE, Ill.)(WLS)-- A Chicago Ridge deputy fire chief is in custody Saturday night in connection with a home invasion in Tinley Park.

Gary Swiercz is charged with home invasion, attempted murder, unlawful restraint, burglary and attempted sexual assault.

He had worked with the Chicago Ridge Fire Department for 24 years without any previous problems.

Police are still investigating the invasion.
Who Cares

Evergreen Park, IL

#3 Jan 6, 2013
He just needs to work on his manners. Nothing to worry about.
wha

Tinley Park, IL

#4 Jan 6, 2013
He certainly needs anger management classes.
seriously

Oak Lawn, IL

#5 Jan 6, 2013
Chicago Ridge Fire Department Deputy Chief Gary M. Swiercz, 49, charged in Tinley Park home invasion - He was armed with a knife and 8 inch dildo

A deputy fire chief in Chicago Ridge was given a $150,000 bond after prosecutors alleged the man broke into the Tinley Park home of a neighbor in the middle of the night and attacked her.
Gary M. Swiercz, 49, of the 8100 block of West 168th Place in Tinley Park, has been charged with attempted murder, home invasion, aggravated unlawful restraint, aggravated attempted criminal sexual assault, and residential burglary, according to a press release from the Tinley Park Police Department.
Swiercz allegedly broke into the home of a woman in his condo building early Saturday morning while wearing a ski mask and possessing a folding knife, duct tape, an 8-inch sexual device and lubricant, said attorney Dan Calandriello.
Swiercz allegedly put his hand on the woman's mouth while she was sleeping. He then put a 3-inch blade to her throat and threatened to slash her throat, Calandriello said in court today. While she was screaming, he threw her to the ground, then grabbed her by the hair and slammed her to the ground multiple times. She suffered a black and blue swollen lip and a knot on her head, Calandriello said.
officer

Oak Lawn, IL

#6 Jan 7, 2013
This is one sick dude. To think he had access to the homes in the ridge is creepy. Another village worker to do time for a sex crime.
ridger

Evergreen Park, IL

#7 Jan 7, 2013
and where was Chuckie?
Scary

Oak Lawn, IL

#8 Jan 7, 2013
Need to remember the victim. Thank God she is physically ok. Her mental state will probably forever be changed.
seriously

Oak Lawn, IL

#9 Jan 7, 2013
Channel 7 says that he will bond out today and be back on the streets. What's wrong with this picture?? Lock your doors and get your own fire extinguishers. Shame on this judge for setting his bond so low.
Headliner

Chicago, IL

#11 Jan 7, 2013
"Totally out of character?" my a-s-s. If towns like Worth and Chicago Ridge weren't as political with hiring and promoting, this would not have happened. Who did he know? How did he keep his job? How did he avoid being found out? People don't just wake up one day and become a maniac. And of course he was ex-military too. Anyone starting to see a pattern lately? Chicago Ridge government is just full of these public humiliation stories. How about the stories that are not public? How sleazy are those likely to be? Good luck to you people. Without Mayor Siegel to keep the lid on things the sleazebags will erupt.
VAP

Chicago, IL

#12 Jan 7, 2013
Hey Gary, could we put a sign in your yard?
Hairy Callahan

Midlothian, IL

#13 Jan 7, 2013
zippo wrote:
January 5, 2013 (CHICAGO RIDGE, Ill.)(WLS)-- A Chicago Ridge deputy fire chief is in custody Saturday night in connection with a home invasion in Tinley Park.
Gary Swiercz is charged with home invasion, attempted murder, unlawful restraint, burglary and attempted sexual assault.
He had worked with the Chicago Ridge Fire Department for 24 years without any previous problems.
Police are still investigating the invasion.
Thank God its not the Chicago Ridge PD investigating this, because this would be surely covered up by The Chief of Police and the Mayor like everything else. This town has to be the most crooked in the state!!!!!! Time to clean house or let the county or state take it over.
Mr or Mrs Blue Island

Oak Lawn, IL

#14 Jan 7, 2013
Why don't you keep up with your comments - the day will come that you will say the wrong thing and land yourself in court.
I know

Tinley Park, IL

#15 Jan 7, 2013
His ex wife lives by me feel sorry for his daughter
Just a question

Alsip, IL

#16 Jan 7, 2013
This is quite upsetting. I feel for the victim and hope she recovers.

My? is, Don't Fire Dept. Dept. Chief's have to live within village? or at least nearby town?
Will he still get a big pension if/ when found guilty?
Retired

Chicago, IL

#17 Jan 8, 2013
The Chicago Ridge Deputy Fire Chief has announced he is going to retire and begin taking his Chicago Ridge Tax Payer Pension.

It won't be as good as Baldermann or Jack Lind's pension, but as we our on the hook with these jokers now we have to pay for a rapist too.
dikky

Oak Lawn, IL

#18 Jan 9, 2013
Brad will have to find another drinking buddy to replace Swiercz
Tom Bettenhausen

Superior National Forest, MN

#19 Jan 15, 2013
I am up in Minnesota. 3 miles from Canada and retired from the Oak Forest fire dept. I can feel the embarasment as I read this crazy story. The point is, a firefighter is someone to look up to and to be a model person for all to respect.. The fact is this scumball slipped through the cracks and that happens once in a while. I wonder if he was full or part time? A very good friend of mine, is the deputy chief there and I can appreciate the fact that he is nothing like this pond scum. Good luck to the professional firefighters in "the ridge" and you all will get through these hard times. Your Brother in retiremnt. TB
Hairy Callahan

Midlothian, IL

#20 Jan 16, 2013
Mr or Mrs Blue Island wrote:
Why don't you keep up with your comments - the day will come that you will say the wrong thing and land yourself in court.
What is wrong with the comment? The truth hurts doesnt it!!!!! Not gonna end up in court for stating a fact. And even if I did Im sure the judge and I would have some great conversations about how corrupt the town is. Seems you have a VESTED interest in what was said and just so you know your comment is just plain STUPID!!!!!! Have a nice day and go pound sand.
Urban Dictionary

Palos Heights, IL

#21 Jan 16, 2013
"The origin of the expression go pound sand is from a longer expression, not to know (have enough sense to) pound sand down a rathole. Filling rat holes with sand is menial work, and telling someone to pound sand down a hole is like telling them to go fly a kite. The expression dates to at least 1912 and is common in the midwestern United States."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
omg 1 hr gxm24263 1
Let the election game start 1 hr Bullies 11
15 displaced by extra-alarm fire at Chicago Rid... 22 hr tbone. 6
Will Davies resign tonite or will he try to han... (Jul '13) Mar 26 Uncle Chuckle 80
Empty lots on 111th (May '12) Mar 26 annonymos 24
Is this site even relevant to Chicago Ridge any... Mar 25 Stone Cold 5
How many are Running for School Board!!!! Mar 25 x-ridge rat 16
Chicago Ridge Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]