whats going on at Vanwitz?
Been there

New Lenox, IL

#82 Jul 25, 2009
Fall of 2008, my lawyer filed a complaint w/the State of Il to investigate Van Witz Realty Co. Pam approached us spring of 2008 with a buyer (developer) for our property. Hard earnest money w/no contingency. No financing necessary, closing in 30 days. Sounds too good to be true & it was. She facilitated the sale contract as a "dual agent". She totally abandoned us (the sellers) after papers were signed & never notified us/lawyers that the closing wasn't going to happen. We signed a few extensions later w/the hard nonrefundable earnest clause still there. Finally, we stopped the extensions & requested the earnest money. After many discussions, we received the checks & (you guessed it), the Van Witz Realty checks bounced like a rubber ball. However, we were lucky enough to eventually receive our earnest money in full. Sad to think she was utilizing the earnest money deposited by the potential buyer for her own use. Spring of 2009, there was an investigation started that we have yet to know the outcome. I almost lost everything putting my trust into her as a Realtor. She has many listings of property (from our area) on her website & yet the current owners of these properties have never listed w/her. If she gets a buyer, she then contacts the current owners w/a contract as a "dual agent" I believe she utilizes the "earnest money" that potential buyers trust her with instead of following the law & depositing in into a special fund exclusively for the two parties (buyer/seller) involved. Sellers/Buyers in this area BEWARE of her. I suggest anyone infected (yes INFECTED) w/the Pam Van Scams to contact your state Rep to put pressure on the BBB & Board of IL State Realtor to make sure this disease does not INFECT any more innocent victims. It will not be the first complaint issued.
Pattie Lyons

Oak Lawn, IL

#83 Jul 26, 2009
I'm not sure if you are aware but there is free legal advise available at the county court house in Bridgeview. I will call tomorrow to find out days and time. I'm just thinking that as far as the utilites are concerned they may be able to give some advise. Also one of the readers suggested setting up a bank fund-something that might be easier is to just mail checks to the a pobox made out to Nicor gas . If we can make some type of anarangememt and whatever readers would
like to help contribute even a little-hopefully by fall your baby will have a warm home. I'm
willing to contact corporate offices at nicor
after seeing what advise an attorney has to
try and get this resolved-I will be willing to
donate $100.00 towards the nicor bill-does
the Homeowners Assoc have a mailing address?
Very sad

Alsip, IL

#84 Jul 26, 2009
I also would donate $100 to this fund can something be set up with Ni-cor perhaps to have the money go directly to this gas bill. I will keep watch for information on what can be done to get this bill taken care . Like I said before if everyone gives alittle instead of just coming on here spewing garbage and insults which will not help these people at all maybe this forum can do some good.
Finally

Oak Lawn, IL

#85 Jul 27, 2009
Very sad wrote:
I also would donate $100 to this fund can something be set up with Ni-cor perhaps to have the money go directly to this gas bill. I will keep watch for information on what can be done to get this bill taken care . Like I said before if everyone gives alittle instead of just coming on here spewing garbage and insults which will not help these people at all maybe this forum can do some good.
Finally. You are absolutely right. I know times are tough but if we could all give a little it might make a huge difference in their lives. And like "Sad" said, don't give if you do not want to, but instead of all the name calling and complaining about the things Pam did, which can't be changed at this point, do something instead. I really hope someone looks into the donation process, I have a feeling there are alot of people out there who are reading this blog that would donate. Maybe they know Pam and feel bad for the people she hurt, maybe the have been victims themselves, maybe they just have a heart; whatever the reason I think everyone would be pleasantly surprised at the generousity of others.
Finally Get Serious

Montgomery, IL

#86 Jul 27, 2009
Finally wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally. You are absolutely right. I know times are tough but if we could all give a little it might make a huge difference in their lives. And like "Sad" said, don't give if you do not want to, but instead of all the name calling and complaining about the things Pam did, which can't be changed at this point, do something instead. I really hope someone looks into the donation process, I have a feeling there are alot of people out there who are reading this blog that would donate. Maybe they know Pam and feel bad for the people she hurt, maybe the have been victims themselves, maybe they just have a heart; whatever the reason I think everyone would be pleasantly surprised at the generousity of others.
I think I'll wait until charges are filed and the court case reveals ALL the details officially. I will then wait and see how much is awarded IF she is convicted.
Don't be fooled by fools trying to collect money using Topix! This is still America and she is innocent until proven guilty.
been there

Palos Hills, IL

#87 Jul 27, 2009
That may takes years. Cold Showers and cooking with a microwave is not much fun. Especially with a baby. Like the other Post said, the donations could go directly to ni-cor fund.
Right

United States

#88 Jul 27, 2009
Lol, who would "donate" money to a random anonymous person on topix? Sorry Pam made off with your money, but that hasn't even been proven. I think I will keep my hard earned money to pay my own gas bill until charges are filed or pam is in the slammer
Claire

Chicago, IL

#89 Jul 27, 2009
Right wrote:
Lol, who would "donate" money to a random anonymous person on topix? Sorry Pam made off with your money, but that hasn't even been proven. I think I will keep my hard earned money to pay my own gas bill until charges are filed or pam is in the slammer
I am sure that the suggestion to assist was made for the right reasons, but it might be better that referrals for assistance be made to a public or a not-for-profit agency designed to give assistance in these types of cases.
Claire Bear Rules

Montgomery, IL

#90 Jul 27, 2009
been there wrote:
That may takes years. Cold Showers and cooking with a microwave is not much fun. Especially with a baby. Like the other Post said, the donations could go directly to ni-cor fund.
Still scamming for money I see! Nobody on this site will give you "free" money scammer.
Talk to Jimmy O and Sammy again and come up with something a little better!
What the

Montgomery, IL

#91 Jul 27, 2009
been there wrote:
Your going to give your baby a cold shower then put the little rug rat in the micro? You're stranger that Sammy D!
Mic5

Chicago, IL

#92 Jul 27, 2009
@Jswede: My association feels your pain, however we were lucky enough to have a drunk guy in the building pay our gas bill. Each unit owes a special 2k assessment, this covers our gas bill (which was 10k), cleaning lady (who hadn't been paid for 2 years), snow removal company (who hadn't been paid for 1 year), water (which the berwyn water company was NICE enough to credit us $600 after the story had been explained to them by our new mgmt. company), electricity (which threatened to get shut off), 2008 taxes (check yours in case they didn't pay it for the building), our association had not been legal for the last 2 years so we had to take care of that, there was a lapse in our insurance (3 months were not paid to them), however they managed to pay some made up companies that did not exist. Haha.

I don't know if any of this is Pam's fault, however she sure is looking very guilty. If anything, she should have a lawyer and someone to speak on her behalf, rather she is in hiding w/ all of our money. At this point, we really don't know what is owed to us. You also have to account for the fact that we were paying them for a service that we never got, so in my eyes the monthly fee they charged should be owed back to us. At this point, I know we're not going to see the money. There are a few associations out there gathering information to collectively pursue a class action suit against them. My only hope is Pam goes to jail, sorry, but she should. If an employee stole money from her, well that's awful, but did not give her the right to take ours. Van Witz license should be revoked, I hope the states attorney's office can do something about that ASAP. I'm not here to talk bad about Pam, I don't even know her. All I know is that her company has stolen a good 300k from various associations.

If you are a victim, please email victimsofvanwitz@gmail.com
JimmyO

Chicago, IL

#93 Jul 27, 2009
Claire Bear Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Still scamming for money I see! Nobody on this site will give you "free" money scammer.
Talk to Jimmy O and Sammy again and come up with something a little better!
Easy there CBR! One of my favorite scams was duping my girlfriends into thinking I was arrested and needed $250 or $500 to get bailed out.
Then I would have a buddy go pick the money up from her and we would go out to TurtleHead and get plastered. Worked everytime. The summer of '83 I was "arrested" 9 Fridays in a row, imagine the coincidence of me needing the bail money falling on her paydays!
Claire Bear Rules

Montgomery, IL

#94 Jul 27, 2009
JimmyO wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy there CBR! One of my favorite scams was duping my girlfriends into thinking I was arrested and needed $250 or $500 to get bailed out.
Then I would have a buddy go pick the money up from her and we would go out to TurtleHead and get plastered. Worked everytime. The summer of '83 I was "arrested" 9 Fridays in a row, imagine the coincidence of me needing the bail money falling on her paydays!
Well JimmyO I knew you would come up with something better! Was that Lady Evil by any chance?
Correction

United States

#95 Jul 28, 2009
What is the story wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the story about Julie Pratl? Why will she be going to jail??
It's Julie Gertos, and its totally unrelated to Pam Vanwitz
Its my life

United States

#96 Jul 28, 2009
JimmyO wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave it to complete idiots like you to ruin a decent forum. For the first time people were actually discussing a topic without being interrupted by ignorant unrelated comments. But that was short lived. I mean seriously, if you have no interest in the topic butt out. Leave this forum to those that need it!!
just a giggle

Palos Hills, IL

#97 Jul 28, 2009
Jimmy0 is a long timer and usually quit funny. He breaks up the the posts but it is a post and we don't have to be so serious without a laugh now and then. Actually, knowing him it might be a true story?
Father DuBee

United States

#98 Jul 28, 2009
Sometime no good deed goes un punished. Mr, Pusiteri will have his day.She tried to suvive but to no avail. One bad choice after another, plus bad advice from old man VW, its ugly.
Father DuBee

United States

#99 Jul 28, 2009
It's easy to judge, She is guilty of BAD judgement. She is also guilty of helping people to a fault. There is no reponse, The law will show the error in her judgement but also enlighten. God Bless all
Brad G

United States

#100 Jul 28, 2009
Please get a life, please get an idea, but most of all Get A Job
Brads taxes

Palos Hills, IL

#101 Jul 29, 2009
Speaking of Jobs, Don't pay them in cash. Get them Health Insurance and pay those taxes on those one armed bandits. Then someone can have a better life, with this idea, when you get them a job. Sooner or later , I knew you could trust a Trustee!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Justice Dale 1,706,938
Maybe We Outta Ban Knives? 5 min Righty Right 2
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 8 min Righty Right 129
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min Here We Go Again 64,461
Mike Madigan Ready To Insult Your Intelligence ... (Feb '13) 27 min End it 427
State Rep signage 53 min Change is Needed 3
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 3 hr Chain Migration 10,702

Chicago Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Ridge Mortgages