Village politics
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
res

Oak Lawn, IL

#1 Aug 22, 2010
I’m so disgusted with the Party running the village. The developers are getting richer while the village residents are suffering with higher taxes and village streets with terrible pot holes. This administration has financially ruined the village. They’ve started projects without thinking thing through and now the village is financially strapped. I’ve spoken to residents and they are terrified by the strong arm tactics that they use against the residents. They threaten residents into voting for their party if they resist they have the building code enforcers to their home writing up bogus code violations. So, I hope to “God” that next year the residents go out and vote those want to be gangsters out of office. We need to renew the faiths and hearts of the residents with a new administration of honest and community giving trustees.
willieB

Peotone, IL

#2 Aug 22, 2010
Which Village are you talking about? Sounds like Calumet Park but I am not sure.
Sad

Chicago, IL

#3 Aug 22, 2010
willieB wrote:
Which Village are you talking about? Sounds like Calumet Park but I am not sure.
No.. This blogger is writting about Chicago Ridge.
Ya Ya Ya

Tinley Park, IL

#4 Aug 22, 2010
res wrote:
I’m so disgusted with the Party running the village. The developers are getting richer while the village residents are suffering with higher taxes and village streets with terrible pot holes. This administration has financially ruined the village. They’ve started projects without thinking thing through and now the village is financially strapped. I’ve spoken to residents and they are terrified by the strong arm tactics that they use against the residents. They threaten residents into voting for their party if they resist they have the building code enforcers to their home writing up bogus code violations. So, I hope to “God” that next year the residents go out and vote those want to be gangsters out of office. We need to renew the faiths and hearts of the residents with a new administration of honest and community giving trustees.
Ok Ed Ucated, Very Very Mood E, We have Mike, Dan and Juanita up for re-election. You will sell your soul to get on the board. You say "They" so who are you refering too? Do your campaigning on the street with your cheap Chinese flags and stay off topix! And that little twit campaign manager brother "Little Freddy, where does he live? Not in the Ridge!
GET REAL

Palos Heights, IL

#5 Aug 22, 2010
I KNOW ED MOODY, HE IS NOT RUNNING FOR TRUSTEE.
res

Oak Lawn, IL

#6 Aug 22, 2010
Ya Ya Ya wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Ed Ucated, Very Very Mood E, We have Mike, Dan and Juanita up for re-election. You will sell your soul to get on the board. You say "They" so who are you refering too? Do your campaigning on the street with your cheap Chinese flags and stay off topix! And that little twit campaign manager brother "Little Freddy, where does he live? Not in the Ridge!
Not my point at all. The Party in power belongs to the bars. Who is the Party in power? Since you asked the question I guess you don't know. It has already sold out. Leave Fred and Ed alone. They will campaign on the streets but are Mike, Dan and Juanita going to be working together? They don't right now. Th
strategy

Chicago, IL

#7 Aug 23, 2010
The way I see it. Dan and Juanita want Mike Davies to run with them as a slate with the Mayors blessing. Ed Moody is a wild card that is being used to scare Davies into dumping his buddy Lind and joining Dan and Juanita in a campaign for reelection.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#8 Aug 23, 2010
Interesting....
strategy wrote:
The way I see it. Dan and Juanita want Mike Davies to run with them as a slate with the Mayors blessing. Ed Moody is a wild card that is being used to scare Davies into dumping his buddy Lind and joining Dan and Juanita in a campaign for reelection.
Wildest Dream

Chicago, IL

#9 Aug 23, 2010
strategy wrote:
Would the Mayor give that slate his blessing? A guy who ran against him and the guy who embarrasses him regularly? I am sure that Ed Moody is looking better to the Mayor all the time.
Eddy

Tinley Park, IL

#10 Aug 23, 2010
Wildest Dream wrote:
<quoted text>Would the Mayor give that slate his blessing? A guy who ran against him and the guy who embarrasses him regularly? I am sure that Ed Moody is looking better to the Mayor all the time.
Thanks Freddy! You really should wait till you move into town before you openly help me. I will be bringing a lot of outsiders from Chicago in to help but you will always be my little twin bro!
Wildest Dream

Chicago, IL

#11 Aug 24, 2010
Eddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Freddy! You really should wait till you move into town before you openly help me. I will be bringing a lot of outsiders from Chicago in to help but you will always be my little twin bro!
Don't worry Fred and Ed, you can be sure little mikey has lots of slime ball pals from out of town that he will bring back in to bother people about the next election.Just like he did before.
Please explain

Tinley Park, IL

#12 Aug 24, 2010
Wildest Dream wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry Fred and Ed, you can be sure little mikey has lots of slime ball pals from out of town that he will bring back in to bother people about the next election.Just like he did before.
Who's Fred? Does he live with Ed in Moodyville?
down the block

Tinley Park, IL

#13 Aug 24, 2010
Please explain wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's Fred? Does he live with Ed in Moodyville?
I think he's renting the garage out-not 100% sure
out of towner

Chicago, IL

#14 Aug 24, 2010
Who would have thought that tall in the loafers, Ed from Moodyville lived in an apartment complex that had garages that you could rent out and live in! Does the building inspector know about this? It's his brother for cripes sake, you would think he would at least rent him the spare bedroom.
Residency Rule

Oak Lawn, IL

#15 Aug 24, 2010
out of towner wrote:
Who would have thought that tall in the loafers, Ed from Moodyville lived in an apartment complex that had garages that you could rent out and live in! Does the building inspector know about this? It's his brother for cripes sake, you would think he would at least rent him the spare bedroom.
We can see that it is becoming great sport to bash a guy for following his civic conscience and setting the tone in town. Why would anyone think that short, fat and obnoxious is any cooler than smart, interested and well, moody unless you were short, fat and obnoxious?
What I thought I heard

Tinley Park, IL

#16 Aug 24, 2010
Wildest Dream wrote:
<quoted text>Would the Mayor give that slate his blessing? A guy who ran against him and the guy who embarrasses him regularly? I am sure that Ed Moody is looking better to the Mayor all the time.
Na, Fast Eddy and the Mayor don't see eye to eye. Gene tried to put the little guy on a chair and that still didn't work! Tokar walked in the office and stepped on him by accident and spent an hour in time out. To make up for it Gene took the little guy's shoes and had them bronzed to hang on his car rear view mirror. It's all the talk at Kids R' Us where the twins buy the cloths!
The janitor thought Little Eddy was a cute little popcycle. Gene had the Code dude write him a ticket for "No Liquor License'!
Residency Rule

Oak Lawn, IL

#17 Aug 24, 2010
Thanks for the negative judgments. How about this one? Maybe they both get elected and we now have a Board of dorks. Dorkiness is the new cool?
Smedskjaer

Melrose Park, IL

#18 Aug 24, 2010
Residency Rule wrote:
Thanks for the negative judgments. How about this one? Maybe they both get elected and we now have a Board of dorks. Dorkiness is the new cool?
You are all a bunch of fools. So I'm getting off of this thread. I usually hang out on the Downers Grove forum. Good night stupids. Hope your brains function tomorrow.
4 Eyes

Oak Lawn, IL

#19 Sep 30, 2010
strategy wrote:
"I kind of see both sides of the issue"
Bex

Maple Grove, MN

#20 Oct 3, 2010
I hope Davies gets out of Office! It's because of him my fiance is out of hours at work!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tokar Fest 2017 1 hr PBRAMF 1
and there off The 2017 race for Mayor. 1 hr PBRAMF 32
Backyard Chicken Coops 19 hr PBRAMF 10
Chuck Tocar unfit to be mayor 19 hr PBRAMF 22
taxes Thu tired 1
Edward Moody (Jul '12) Jun 5 Bad Apple 113
Rick Dawson (Aug '08) Jun 3 Boss 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Ridge Mortgages