City's bike messengers ride a fine li...

City's bike messengers ride a fine line when on the job

There are 1 comment on the Chicago Tribune story from Aug 7, 2008, titled City's bike messengers ride a fine line when on the job. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

They are the road warriors of Chicago streets. Bike messengers slice through traffic, clashing with drivers, battling buses and dodging pedestrians who dare cross their path.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Ryan

Bartlett, IL

#1 Aug 18, 2008
Well, I was a bike messenger for a full year, and I'd like to say that everything in this article is correct. Yes it is true that the job is dangerous, and yes we do get a lot of freedom, and whole heartily yes, we need more room on the streets in Chicago. But regardless how bad that might seem to some people, a lot of us wouldn't trade it for the world. I just wish I could be paid by delivery like the rest, instead of hourly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wicker Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News An LGBT Tour Of The Great Lakes (Aug '15) Feb 23 Faith 9
News Chicago area pastor asks The President to put s... Feb 15 lol 2
News What Makes Chicago's Dating Scene Distinct? Feb 13 lol 1
News Chicago Immigrant-Rights Groups Slam Trump's 'R... Feb 13 lol 94
News Target to Open New Store on Chicago's North Side Feb 11 Trump is the man 1
News Gabriele Bonci, the esteemed Roman pizza-maker,... Feb 10 Chef Emeril La Gas 2
News Step inside - and back in time - at new Wicker ... Nov '16 chad hatten 3 1

Wicker Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wicker Park Mortgages