The greening of Chicago

The greening of Chicago

There are 5 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 14, 2008, titled The greening of Chicago. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Going green continues to gain momentum and if you need proof, you can look no farther than your neighborhood farmers market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Julie

New York, NY

#1 May 14, 2008
The article stated there would be a farmer's market at Sears Tower (which is wonderful), but it is not on the schedule.
Tom Saaristo

Woodridge, IL

#2 May 14, 2008
I came here to report the same thing. The Sears Tower Farmers Market will run on Thursdays starting June 19th and run through October 30th, hours are 7 am - 2 pm. Dates and hours are subject to change.

Since: Aug 07

Evanston

#4 May 14, 2008
I used to be a big fan of the Chicago markets until I went to the Union Square Green Market in New York last November.

It was packed, vegetables, fruit, bread, meat, cheese, flowers. 4 days a week 52 weeks a year.

I went again when I was in New York last week. The pickings were slim at this point, but still better than what I see at the typical Chicago market.

Here we are in the center of the farming universe and we can't muster as good a market as NYC. There just is no excuse.
Julie

New York, NY

#5 May 15, 2008
Perfect - thanks
DCL

Chicago, IL

#6 May 15, 2008
Bankerdanny wrote:
I used to be a big fan of the Chicago markets until I went to the Union Square Green Market in New York last November.
It was packed, vegetables, fruit, bread, meat, cheese, flowers. 4 days a week 52 weeks a year.
I went again when I was in New York last week. The pickings were slim at this point, but still better than what I see at the typical Chicago market.
Here we are in the center of the farming universe and we can't muster as good a market as NYC. There just is no excuse.
I agree completely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wicker Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obamas choose New York architects to design Chi... Jul 15 concerned american 2
News Murders, shootings, and robberies are on the ri... Jul 12 bozo 1
News Dusty Groove Will Revive A Chicago Soul DJ Trad... Jun '16 bozo 1
News More Than 40 People Shot In Chicago Over Holida... (May '15) May '15 reality is a crutch 1
News At Least 27 Shot in Chicago Over Father's Day W... (Jun '14) Jun '14 reality is a crutch 4
News Erin Ruberry: If You Only Have a Weekend in Chi... (Apr '14) Apr '14 snitchin hero 1
News Is Chicago the Bermuda Triangle of stolen band ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 bensley reality 3

Wicker Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wicker Park Mortgages