Deep-fried sandwiches are great

Deep-fried sandwiches are great

There are 14 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 24, 2008, titled Deep-fried sandwiches are great. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Someday, generations from now, eons in the future, when you and I and our iPods have long been plowed under, an alien civilization will unearth the flotsam of humanity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Bruce

Wheaton, IL

#1 Jul 24, 2008
Deep fried as in immersed in liquid boiling fat? How could anyone eat such a thing?
wbskeet37

Chicago, IL

#2 Jul 24, 2008
@Bruce...

Usually with their mouth.
Rob Roy

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Jul 24, 2008
Had one, and they are AMAZING!
Julie

Chicago, IL

#4 Jul 24, 2008
Nasty that's all I have to day. No wonder we are obese, out of shape, with heart disease, diabetes, high cholesterol, blood pressure. The top 5 killers in this country are diet related. And we wonder why medical costs are sky high. We are fortunate to live in a country where our top 5 killers can be erradicated for the most part by changes in diet and exercise!!
Cheater

United States

#5 Jul 24, 2008
Julie wrote:
Nasty that's all I have to day. No wonder we are obese, out of shape, with heart disease, diabetes, high cholesterol, blood pressure. The top 5 killers in this country are diet related. And we wonder why medical costs are sky high. We are fortunate to live in a country where our top 5 killers can be erradicated for the most part by changes in diet and exercise!!
I do hear your argument.Were all gonna kick the bucket one day.As long as you dont make a habit of eating like shit,then you should be able to cheat.
ben r

Palatine, IL

#6 Jul 24, 2008
That sounds damn good (so do the deviled eggs).

But stay away from the Monte Cristo at Bennigan's, a deep-fried sandwich that ain't worth the calories.

Since: Jan 08

Chicago

#7 Jul 24, 2008
To Quote the Famous pitcher Satchel Paige when asked one of his secrets to living a long life "Stay away from fried food...it angry's the blood"
xyz

Chicago, IL

#8 Jul 25, 2008
Bruce wrote:
Deep fried as in immersed in liquid boiling fat? How could anyone eat such a thing?
You take it up in a syringe and inject it straight into your heart. yum.

“Death to humans!”

Since: Jul 08

A long way from here...

#9 Jul 25, 2008
I'm glad someone's bucking the trend here. Don't like what they serve? Don't eat there!!!!

Of course, eating one of these a day would be stupid. Everything in moderation, my friends.
Chicago

AOL

#10 Jul 25, 2008
I think part of the reason I want one so bad is that I know our would be nanny-masters would definitely not approve.

Well shake your head nannys and say "tisk tisk tisk" I'm going to Wicker Park and trying one.

Are they open for breakfast?

“Death to humans!”

Since: Jul 08

A long way from here...

#11 Jul 25, 2008
Chicago wrote:
I think part of the reason I want one so bad is that I know our would be nanny-masters would definitely not approve.
Well shake your head nannys and say "tisk tisk tisk" I'm going to Wicker Park and trying one.
Are they open for breakfast?
Yup - the louder they get, the more I want it. Especially once stuff gets banned. Foie gras is much better when it's illegal.

Since: Nov 07

Chicago, IL

#12 Jul 25, 2008
Misplaced Texan wrote:
Yup - the louder they get, the more I want it. Especially once stuff gets banned. Foie gras is much better when it's illegal.
Were you driving trucks filled with Canadian booze across the frozen lakes during Prohibition in a former life?:)
Chicago

AOL

#13 Jul 25, 2008
moquif wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you driving trucks filled with Canadian booze across the frozen lakes during Prohibition in a former life?:)
Face it - being a Booze-runners and hanging out in Speakeasys were the cat's meow (i.e, were the coolest things) from about 1920 to 1933. And the very minute after prohibition was repealed the same activities would have instantly become BOR-RING.

“Death to humans!”

Since: Jul 08

A long way from here...

#14 Jul 25, 2008
moquif wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you driving trucks filled with Canadian booze across the frozen lakes during Prohibition in a former life?:)
Ah yes, those were the days! The most violated law besides the speed limit...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wicker Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Morning Spin: Preckwinkle says she'll run for r... Tue Yes But 2
Looking for House sitting position Apr '17 debbie 1
News An LGBT Tour Of The Great Lakes (Aug '15) Apr '17 watching livonia 12
News Bike law enforcement in Chicago: uneven and unfair Mar '17 vinate66 1
News Illinois Congressman Handcuffed After Refusing ... Mar '17 valerie 43
News Honeygrow, Another Fast-Casual Salad Chain, To ... Mar '17 jimmy johnson 2
News Emanuel's 'people plazas' program struggling to... Mar '17 Rep Denny Hasturd 1

Wicker Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wicker Park Mortgages