Libertyville Gets Sauced

Libertyville Gets Sauced

There are 3 comments on the Chicago Magazine story from Nov 19, 2008, titled Libertyville Gets Sauced. In it, Chicago Magazine reports that:

Main Street Smokehouse , a promising 35-seat spot slated to open the first week of January, plans to put its own spins on barbecue styles around the country.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Magazine.

anonymous

Algonquin, IL

#1 Jun 1, 2009
They smoke everything themselves, its kind of a play on Smoque in the city but it's own version. Ribs aren't fall off the bone, they're smoked for I think like fourteen hours so they have tons of flavor. Their brisket, pork, and chicken is so soft and flavorful. I really like how all the meat comes dry. The restaurant has a bunch of homemade different sauces that are amazing and really compliment the different types of meats. I definitely recommend coming here. They're closed on Sundays but otherwise open Mon-Thursday 11AM-8PM, then Friday and Saturday 11AM-9PM. I went their first week of opening and they ran out of some foods but it is understandable because the food they serve isn't just something you can make right away then serve, their smoking process takes over night, more then 14 hours. This is damn good barbeque and I really push everyone to go in and try it out.
momma hunt

Algonquin, IL

#2 Jun 1, 2009
Good sauces, good brisket, good ribs. I recommend this place.
From Grayslake

Round Lake, IL

#3 Jul 28, 2009
I'm glad they're not fall of the bone. Meat Jell-O is awful. I'll give it them try.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wicker Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More Than 40 People Shot In Chicago Over Holida... May '15 reality is a crutch 1
News At Least 27 Shot in Chicago Over Father's Day W... (Jun '14) Jun '14 reality is a crutch 4
News Erin Ruberry: If You Only Have a Weekend in Chi... (Apr '14) Apr '14 snitchin hero 1
News Is Chicago the Bermuda Triangle of stolen band ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 bensley reality 3
News Chicago's Episcopal Church of the Mediator clos... (Dec '07) Nov '13 RevKen 20
News High Demand: First Marijuana Clinic Opens In Ch... (Aug '13) Aug '13 medical 2
News Chicago Dentist Treats Children with Autism and... (Dec '12) Jan '13 LifeasIknowit 9
More from around the web

Wicker Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Wicker Park Mortgages