Suspected Robber Slits Throat After Bank Heist

There are 7 comments on the Jul 5, 2008, NBC 5 Chicago story titled Suspected Robber Slits Throat After Bank Heist. In it, NBC 5 Chicago reports that:

A man suspected in a Saturday morning Wicker Park bank robbery slit his throat with a box cutter as police were moving in to arrest him, sources said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5 Chicago.

kiki

Evanston, IL

#1 Jul 6, 2008
that had to hurt!
DLCL

Lombard, IL

#2 Jul 6, 2008
So, did this guy actually die from his injuries? I seen this in the news, and they stated that the man was taken to a hospital where he was being treated.
I do not mean for this to sound bad or anything, I was just wondering, how we could get 2 different stories about the same person, where he lives, and where he dies.
Did he have a reason for robbing the bank and then taking his own life??
Gus

Plano, IL

#3 Jul 7, 2008
Good, I hope it hurt a lot, piece of cr@p. And I hope the inmates in prison will poke at the wound, too.
Just My Opinion

Carol Stream, IL

#4 Jul 7, 2008
still no update on whether he lived or not. strange story with very few details.
frankie

Chicago, IL

#5 Jul 9, 2008
I hope the person survives and has a chance to turn around (his) life.
Robert

United States

#6 Jul 9, 2008
frankie wrote:
I hope the person survives and has a chance to turn around (his) life.
Give me a break, Fat chance that will happen. Save the taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars and die. Better him than some innocent bystander.
Monty

Omaha, NE

#7 Jul 9, 2008
Pour some salt in that wound!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wicker Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News At Least 27 Shot in Chicago Over Father's Day W... (Jun '14) Jun '14 reality is a crutch 4
News Erin Ruberry: If You Only Have a Weekend in Chi... (Apr '14) Apr '14 snitchin hero 1
News Is Chicago the Bermuda Triangle of stolen band ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 bensley reality 3
News Chicago's Episcopal Church of the Mediator clos... (Dec '07) Nov '13 RevKen 20
News High Demand: First Marijuana Clinic Opens In Ch... (Aug '13) Aug '13 medical 2
News Chicago Dentist Treats Children with Autism and... (Dec '12) Jan '13 LifeasIknowit 9
News How to be a spy (Apr '07) Dec '12 test 80
More from around the web

Wicker Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]