Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52056 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#53944 Apr 5, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> I support SSM also. As long as the same sex wedding ceremony is on the Moon an only recognized on the Moon. See there is room for negotiation.
Your support is neither needed, nor requested, to honor something that is legally valid. You are, therefore, not relevant to the topic.

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#53946 Apr 5, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>I support SSM also. As long as the same sex wedding ceremony is on the Moon an only recognized on the Moon. See there is room for negotiation.
I believe in equality..too bad you
don't,you could be really funny in
the real world.
Ace

Benton, IL

#53950 Apr 6, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in equality..too bad you
don't,you could be really funny in
the real world.
I also believe is equality!! That all men was born equal and given the right to make choices good or evil. In my world unnatural sex is evil, and that is my right to feel that way. I have always said don't hate the player hate the game. In the new or old testament god never condemned homosexuals, just the homosexual sex act. God also said don't steal, do you think god will make exception's to don't steal? When you are talking about ones salvation, who should get the benefit of the doubt, man or god? There is parts of the bible that I don't like, but i can't twist gods words to suit my own needs. Personally I believe god is a higher power than Obama. If i was to support something that went against gods word, then i would be just as guilty as the sinner and would have to answer for that support. Cali Girl think, most of the people commenting here supporting gay marriage is atheist. Now you said you was a believer in a higher power than man. So why conform with the atheist and take a chance of losing your salvation? You said you was the mother of three, are you willing to play games with their salvation of lives? I am the father of 7, and not willing to take any chances with their lives. I love my kids to much to. Now that is living in the real world.

'If you are not a liberal at 20, you have no heart. If you are not Conservative by 40, you have no brain. Winston Churchill.
Ace

Benton, IL

#53951 Apr 6, 2014
Cali Girl, I believe you are a wonderful person and I like you! I also believe you are a little lost, but no idiot. You will find your way on the right path one day. Unlike the atheist.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#53952 Apr 6, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> I also believe is equality!! That all men was born equal and given the right to make choices good or evil. In my world unnatural sex is evil, and that is my right to feel that way. I have always said don't hate the player hate the game. In the new or old testament god never condemned homosexuals, just the homosexual sex act. God also said don't steal, do you think god will make exception's to don't steal? When you are talking about ones salvation, who should get the benefit of the doubt, man or god? There is parts of the bible that I don't like, but i can't twist gods words to suit my own needs. Personally I believe god is a higher power than Obama. If i was to support something that went against gods word, then i would be just as guilty as the sinner and would have to answer for that support. Cali Girl think, most of the people commenting here supporting gay marriage is atheist. Now you said you was a believer in a higher power than man. So why conform with the atheist and take a chance of losing your salvation? You said you was the mother of three, are you willing to play games with their salvation of lives? I am the father of 7, and not willing to take any chances with their lives. I love my kids to much to. Now that is living in the real world.
'If you are not a liberal at 20, you have no heart. If you are not Conservative by 40, you have no brain. Winston Churchill.
...and if you buy into the "original sin" bullshit, you are stupid.
Ace

Benton, IL

#53953 Apr 6, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
...and if you buy into the "original sin" bullshit, you are stupid.
Another one of Satan's warriors attacking the bible.

SATAN'S METHODS OF ATTACK

Whenever a Christian enters a period of adversity, Satan will be right there to attempt to devastate that believer. Satan uses many methods of attack and normally with some success. If you are not on your spiritual toes you will fall prey to one or more of his schemes.(2 Cor 2:11) "Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices." It is necessary for every Christian to know the principles of Satan's methods of attack so there will be a readiness in all of us to repel those offensives. The following methods are not the only ones but they stand as examples of Satan's craftiness in trying to make the believer stumble.

Xavier Breath I rebuke you in the name of Jesus.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#53954 Apr 6, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> Another one of Satan's warriors attacking the bible.
Whenever a Christian enters a period of adversity, Satan will be right there to attempt to devastate that believer. Satan uses many methods of attack and normally with some success. If you are not on your spiritual toes you will fall prey to one or more of his schemes.(2 Cor 2:11) "Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices." It is necessary for every Christian to know the principles of Satan's methods of attack so there will be a readiness in all of us to repel those offensives. The following methods are not the only ones but they stand as examples of Satan's craftiness in trying to make the believer stumble.
Satan? You mention the boogey-man and expect to be taken seriously? Sorry, Charlie. You just lost all credibility.

I can't believe it is 2014 and people still believe in Stone Age superstitions.

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#53955 Apr 6, 2014
Ace wrote:
Cali Girl, I believe you are a wonderful person and I like you! I also believe you are a little lost, but no idiot. You will find your way on the right path one day. Unlike the atheist.
I'm good with God,I leave the judging
to him.I have 3 kids in their 20's and
they have wonderful Gay and Lesbian
friends.Not flamboyant like you think.
Their personal lives are their own. They
go to college,they work, they socialize ,
they worship God.My kids are all on
their own,productive people.I choose
to believe Gay people are loved by God.
I like you too,you are funny! Let's agree
to disagree on that issue!

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#53956 Apr 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to read Mr. Tocqueville's opinions. He clearly exposes you as an idiot.
Right?
Smile.
No, he clearly exposes that he's as stupid as you are, and that his opinions are as irrelevant as yours. How many marriages have your posts affected today Greg?!
Smile.

Location hidden

#53957 Apr 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL,
"Equality"???
There is not one point of comparison that is 'equal'.
EVERYONE can IMMEDIATELY distinguish between a married couple and a ss couple.
Your brain is moot.
Smirk.
And yet those irrelevant distinctions do not affect the equal standing of the marriages in any way. You're a loser moron. Based on that mutt Sandy you have, seems you always have been.

Location hidden

#53958 Apr 6, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> I also believe is equality!! That all men was born equal and given the right to make choices good or evil. In my world unnatural sex is evil, and that is my right to feel that way. I have always said don't hate the player hate the game. In the new or old testament god never condemned homosexuals, just the homosexual sex act. God also said don't steal, do you think god will make exception's to don't steal? When you are talking about ones salvation, who should get the benefit of the doubt, man or god? There is parts of the bible that I don't like, but i can't twist gods words to suit my own needs. Personally I believe god is a higher power than Obama. If i was to support something that went against gods word, then i would be just as guilty as the sinner and would have to answer for that support. Cali Girl think, most of the people commenting here supporting gay marriage is atheist. Now you said you was a believer in a higher power than man. So why conform with the atheist and take a chance of losing your salvation? You said you was the mother of three, are you willing to play games with their salvation of lives? I am the father of 7, and not willing to take any chances with their lives. I love my kids to much to. Now that is living in the real world.
This isn't a bible forum. Go peddle your irrelevant Hebrew mythology in some string where it's relevant.

Location hidden

#53959 Apr 6, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> Another one of Satan's warriors attacking the bible.
Yawn. Why are fundies such drama queens? Hey, keep that shit in your house, I don't want my kids being exposed to that vileness.

Location hidden

#53960 Apr 6, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan? You mention the boogey-man and expect to be taken seriously? Sorry, Charlie. You just lost all credibility.
I can't believe it is 2014 and people still believe in Stone Age superstitions.
You've been rebuked!!!! LOL!!!!!
truth

Granite City, IL

#53961 Apr 6, 2014
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#53962 Apr 6, 2014
Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you believe this shit?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#53963 Apr 6, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to read Mr. Tocqueville's opinions. He clearly exposes you as an idiot.
Right?
Smile.
<quoted text>
No, he clearly exposes that he's as stupid as you are, and that his opinions are as irrelevant as yours. How many marriages have your posts affected today Greg?!
Smile.
If I fell from your ego to your IQ i'd die.

SMirk.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#53964 Apr 6, 2014
<quoted text>
And yet those irrelevant distinctions do not affect the equal standing of the marriages in any way. You're a loser moron. Based on that mutt Sandy you have, seems you always have been.
What equal standings specifically?

Smirk.
abraxus

Carmi, IL

#53965 Apr 6, 2014
Sheesh
Ace

Benton, IL

#53969 Apr 7, 2014
<quoted text>
You think it's funny? Keep pushing and I will rebuke your ass to :) Better yet I will put a curse on you so you can't get an erection anymore, then you will only be the anal receiver the rest of your life. Now that would be funny lol. At least make Bubba very happy.
Crazy Logic

Beverly, MA

#53970 Apr 7, 2014
Child Molester Topic wrote:
pedophiles tend to be homosexual
Well then, if that is true, is it also true that rapists tend to be homophobic? Unfortunately your statement is not within the realm of reason or logic. Pedophiles prey on both boys and girls. Pedophiles are often heterosexual, have their own families and are rarely suspected for those reasons.

Heterosexuals need to concentrate on cleaning up their own messes and leave homosexuals alone to lead their own lives free of prejudice and ignorance. When heterosexuals start treating marriage and family with the respect and dignity the institution deserves, then and only then will the ills of society start to subside. Do not blame all of the problems of society on those who have endured the ignorance and stupidity of an unenlightened populace. Homosexuals are not the ones breeding themselves into poverty. Homosexuals are not the ones going to clinics to get abortions because they are too stupid to learn how to use birth control. Homosexuals are not abandoning children to the foster care system. Those are the real crimes of our society. Heterosexuals dropped the ball on traditional family values and turned it all bad. It is time to see if homosexuals can give it a go. Maybe they can do a better job of raising responsible families.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River North Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News C-section scars can be psychological too: 'What... Jun 21 Keyanna 2
News Target shoots for retail comeback, and Chicago ... Jun 6 be4 Target eh 1
News For decades, pan pizza has defined Chicago. Now... (Dec '07) May 28 Dcasey 76
News Morning Spin: Preckwinkle says she'll run for r... May '17 Yes But 2
Looking for House sitting position Apr '17 debbie 1
News John Walt, Co-Founder Of Pivot Gang, Fatally St... Feb '17 former democrat 1
News For Chicago's condo market, a lost decade (Oct '16) Oct '16 former democrat 1

River North Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River North Mortgages