Are we done with deep dish pizza?

Are we done with deep dish pizza?

There are 5 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 13, 2007, titled Are we done with deep dish pizza?. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Deep-dish pizza and I go way back. There was a time when a younger, considerably thinner version of me made regular pilgrimages to Uno, or to my other favorite, Lou Malnati's. My wife and I held our wedding ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Alan Skilling

Chicago, IL

#1 Dec 13, 2007
This is so old news. Deep dish has been over since the Vettel began his career 30 years ago. Hopefully Sam Zell will can this curmudgeonly culinary clown after he sells the cubs. You guys should hire a real hungry and smart food writer like Mike Sula of the Reader, Mike Nagrant of Newcity, or David Tamarkin of Time least those guys still care about real ideas and places.

Dallas, TX

#2 Dec 13, 2007
I like Campisi's extra thin and crispy cheese pizza with mushrooms. Can you say mmm mmm good?

Batavia, IL

#3 Dec 13, 2007
If you're ever in the Hanover park area, the best thin crust I have ever tasted is Gratzie pizzeria. Their crust is out of this world, the sauce is perfect.
And best deep dish by far is Lou Malnatis

Carol Stream, IL

#4 Dec 13, 2007
A good pizza is a pizza that you still can taste after you have already eaten it.

Springfield, IL

#5 Dec 17, 2007
Deep dish will never die. I love both kinds of pizza's for totally different reasons. If we can have 50 different successful ways to fill a tortilla, why can't we have two great kinds of pizza?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River North Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Labor Day weekend violence in Chicago leaves 7 ... Sep '15 Card Carrying Zio... 3
News Near West Side murder victim was standout footb... Sep '15 reality is a crutch 1
News An LGBT Tour Of The Great Lakes Sep '15 taste the rainbow 4
News Chicago weekend shooting toll: 6 dead, 35 wounded Aug '15 reality is a crutch 1
News Chicago weekend shooting toll: 6 dead, 35 wounded Aug '15 reality is a crutch 6
News A Chicago family hurt by sanctuary city politics Jul '15 VeganTiger 2
News Family-friendly Chicago Jul '15 reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

River North Mortgages