Jazz Showcase

There are 9 comments on the Jun 7, 2008, Chicago Tribune story titled Jazz Showcase. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

C ans of paint and crumpled dropcloths are scattered everywhere. Bare windows and half-empty walls stare at a couple of dusty cabaret tables and a few wooden chairs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Kat Ryan

United States

#1 Jun 8, 2008
I cannot state strongly enough how excited I am to see the Jazz Showcase reopen its doors. The Jazz community has missed the club as well as Joe, Wayne and Chuck! Looking forward to Thursday night guys, welcome back!
Jim Meyer

Glenwood, IL

#2 Jun 8, 2008
Bring back Bunky Green, a Chicago favorite
John McLeod

United States

#3 Jun 8, 2008
Keepin'Jazz alive for oh these so many years! Can't wait to see the whole gang, Joe, Wayne & Chuck -- and all the fellow attendees, some we know by name, others only by sight, brothers & sisters in sound, all.(And to Les and others whose time ran out before the reopening- we know you are with us in spirit).
John
Kate Soczka

Ashburn, VA

#4 Jun 9, 2008
It's gonna be great. Thanks for all your hard work to bring it back!
Edward H Mason Jr

Lisle, IL

#5 Jun 9, 2008
Glad to have you back, Wayne, you've been missed.
normadam

United States

#6 Jun 9, 2008
I am an amputee and want to know if this place is
handicapped accessable ? I mean NO steps. I have a
motorized wheelchair or scooter and neither does steps.
I wii appreciate your answer and hope to see you
Thursday with Jr. Mance if possible.....Thanks Norma
Lucas Gillan

Chicago, IL

#7 Jun 10, 2008
Wow, I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. I'm really excited for this, and as a working musician in Chicago, I'm really excited about the prospects of those Tuesday and Wednesday gigs and post-set jam sessions. Thanks for pushing through, Joe and Wayne.
Eric Hochberg

Hometown, IL

#8 Jun 15, 2008
Thanks for keeping it going, fellas! Chicago wouldn't be the same city without you.
jazzmouse

Kent, WA

#9 Jun 19, 2008
I loved that someone remembered Les. It's the fans, the real jazz lovers, that make the evening's musical offerings that much better! A living history of jazz is present every night in those seats. I know that Les, Yvette, and others who left too soon will be with us every night we're there.

Thank you Joe and Wayne - boy, did we miss you!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River North Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Garcia hits Emanuel on homicide increase Apr 2 reality is a crutch 1
News ACLU: Chicago leads NYC in use of stop-and-frisk Mar 30 rahm Jizzbucket e... 4
News A list of Chicago's best landlords Feb '15 gaga2 3
News How to survive Chicago's latest arctic blast Jan '15 Sweetness 3
News Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... Dec '14 obunglerApenis 20
News Chicago: Urine Trouble: How Can the CTA Keep It... (Sep '14) Oct '14 BigjigsDigUrine 7
News 4 shot in River North among 18 wounded across city (May '14) May '14 reality is a crutch 5
More from around the web

River North People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]