Actor LaBeouf arrested while in Chica...

Actor LaBeouf arrested while in Chicago to shoot 'Eagle Eye'

There are 45 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 5, 2007, titled Actor LaBeouf arrested while in Chicago to shoot 'Eagle Eye'. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Actor Shia LaBeouf was hanging out at a trendy River North nightclub known for its celebrity sightings shortly before being arrested early Sunday at a downtown Chicago Walgreens.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Abbie

Bloomingdale, IL

#1 Nov 5, 2007
He seems like such a good boy; I'm predicting that his parents make him go back to the security clerk and apologize for his bad behavior.
Pat Hickey

Hickory Hills, IL

#2 Nov 5, 2007
Viola! Goof a' LaBeouf!

“Love the new desk :)”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3 Nov 5, 2007
And I thought he was a good guy!!
Thats all Hollywood needs is another "Young Celeb" gone wild...doh'
Jake

United States

#4 Nov 5, 2007
I'll give the punk kid credit, he takes a good mug shot.
walgreens gone wild

Chicago, IL

#7 Nov 5, 2007
What exactly was he doing at the Walgreens that made the guard ask him to leave? And why wouldn't he leave the Walgreens?Couldn't he remember where he was staying? IS there security video of the incident?

Since: Oct 07

Aurora

#8 Nov 5, 2007
Wow, another drunk celebrity. How is this even remotely newsworthy?
Bernie

Chicago, IL

#10 Nov 5, 2007
Can't a guy buy corn nuts in peace?
booksdates

United States

#11 Nov 5, 2007
Brandon M wrote:
Wow, another drunk celebrity. How is this even remotely newsworthy?
Right on and since I'm old I've never even heard of this idiot. Lucky I guess.
no fan of celebubrats

Chicago, IL

#12 Nov 5, 2007
But, give the kid a break... putting the ills of all of hollywood's young screwups on the shoulders of each of the remaining good ones is the only sure way to make sure the latter join the pack. The kid is 21, legally able to drink, got drunk, and probably got a bit goofy or ornery... who doesn't see that 1000 times on a "good" night in lincoln park - and *those* guys are investing your money and representing your lawsuits. Not saying it's right, but LIGHTEN UP. Let's not pathologize EVERYTHING, please.
lucitu

White Castle, LA

#13 Nov 5, 2007
Walgreens???!!!! I have so many times nearly been arrested in a Walgreens and not because I was drunk or doing something illegal, but instead because I was once again furious!!! Walgreens has become the worst place ever to get my prescriptions filled and I had been with them for years. They are constantly changing personnel, the workers have no idea who what and where, and I am supposed to trust my medicine to them! I cannot tell you how many times I have sat in that d*mn line in the drive up, only to have the people inside make wait at least 30 minutes before they can take care of 2 people! Our local Walgreens always has at least three people working behind the counter, but in the past two years only one WILL LOOK AT YOU and only after you wait forever! They can look right at my prescription records and have no idea what medicines I take. I swear I have had to spell out what I was looking for, while the 'pharmacy tech' looked RIGHT AT IT ON THE SCREEN.

I was once thrown out of a Walgreens for asking for the corporate complaint number, and I was in no mood to be polite! Stop assuming this guy was drunk and think about the last time you were in a 'you want fries with that' Walgreens line! As soon as I can get all my prescription auto refills changed over to the C*S I am done with Walgreens! And young man, you have more calm and self control than I do in a Walgreens. I expect that there is way more to this story than is being told.
Joss Fan

Downers Grove, IL

#14 Nov 5, 2007
I'm glad no one has decided to start making fun of his name again.
jim

Israel

#15 Nov 6, 2007
Uhhh...so he wasn't bothering anyone, and didn't damage anything, and refused to leave, probably because he wasn't bothering anyone or damaging anything; and then the security guard called the police.

So big story is Shia needed Nyquil and the Security Guard is a jerk.
jim

Israel

#16 Nov 6, 2007
so he wasn't bothering anyone or damaging anything, and refused to leave, most likely because he wasn't bothering anyone or damaging anything; and the security guard called the police.

So why isn't the headline, "Security Guard at Wallgreens Jerk."
Jane

Elmwood Park, IL

#17 Nov 6, 2007
In case she is reading this today, I would like to apologize on behalf of the guy who, yesterday, called a woman 'a liar' when said she saw him at The Underground, shortly before his arrest.
reza santorini

Skokie, IL

#18 Nov 6, 2007
jim wrote:
so he wasn't bothering anyone or damaging anything, and refused to leave, most likely because he wasn't bothering anyone or damaging anything; and the security guard called the police.
So why isn't the headline, "Security Guard at Wallgreens Jerk."
This is a news item without a story.
Slickster

Miami, FL

#19 Nov 6, 2007
Gosh, I bet none of us ever got indignant when a Hertz Rentacop tried to show his authority by getting pushy, and refused to do what he demanded.

Nowhere does it say that LeBeouf did anything but refuse to leave. No reason given for asking him to do so, no reason for involving the police and nothing but cooperations with them.

Walgreens, I think you might be looking at a lawsuit.
Ron G Orland Park

AOL

#20 Nov 6, 2007
The power of being a "security guard" at Walgreens had gone to his head. Good thing he didn't have a Taser gun. He wants to be a real policeman soooooo bad.
Dennis

Cicero, IL

#22 Nov 6, 2007
-premeditated staged stunt.
Thanks Tribune for such very important information.
Aardvark

Chicago, IL

#23 Nov 6, 2007
It really wasn't the celebrity angle that prompted me to read the updated article, but the location. Many Walgreens that I patronize are staffed by workers who are polite and helpful. That can't be said of the location at Chicago and Michigan. I've basically given up on going there, even when I'm nearby and need something. The entire staff seem impatient, ready to snap at the slightest opportunity. Surly would be the best description. A cashier once barked at my wife, who had simply inquired after a price on the receipt. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the security guard decided for some capricious reason that he didn't like the actor and decided to enforce his petty "power". Why else would Walgreens not divulge what prompted the police to be called? Maybe because they don't want to be sued?
Joe

Naperville, IL

#24 Nov 6, 2007
The actor was probably asking questions like: why is a bottle of orange juice almost $3? Why does a loaf of bread costs almost $4? Since there is a Walgreens on every other block in Chicago shouldn't your buying power allow you to lower your prices?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River North Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Unsafe construction zones and trashed bike lane... Tue Stephany McDowell 1
News 3 dead, 22 wounded in Chicago shootings Aug 22 Rees Porter 9
News Chicago's top cop shakes up command staff amid ... Aug 19 Det Jimmy Shaker ... 3
News 11 Wounded In Shootings Monday Across Chicago Aug 2 bozo 1
News Chicago property tax bill double whammy: Increa... Aug 1 bozo 1
News Obamas choose New York architects to design Chi... Aug 1 Go Blue Forever 5
News Murders, shootings, and robberies are on the ri... Jul '16 bozo 1

River North Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River North Mortgages