Open season

There are 2 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 7, 2007, titled Open season. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The first day of autumn is more than two weeks away, but the fall season in art galleries begins this weekend with about 70 openings.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Shana

Chicago, IL

#1 Sep 7, 2007
While this is a great list, there are some great exhibits currently up on the South Side of Chicago. The South Side Community Art Center currently has work by David Driskell and the DuSable Museum has a great exhibit up as well.

I would recommend that the Tribune look to include other areas of Chicago when reviewing art exhibitions so that people can have more exposure to the diversity of art.
XXO

United States

#2 Sep 7, 2007
DJs & art fit well, but as you rightly state, potential visitors less concerned with art than an evening's DJ can find such like-minded galleries on their own. Support art and learning!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River North Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fernwood man held without bail for Lakeview car... Mar 20 lol 1
News Honeygrow, Another Fast-Casual Salad Chain, To ... Mar 16 jimmy johnson 2
News Man, 60, stabbed during break-in at Old Town bu... Mar 9 Trump is the man 1
News Chicago immigration rally has message for Trump... Mar 9 lol 12
News Emanuel's 'people plazas' program struggling to... Mar 3 Rep Denny Hasturd 2
News Hundreds rally, march for transgender rights in... Feb 27 actorvet 5
News An LGBT Tour Of The Great Lakes (Aug '15) Feb 23 Faith 9

River North Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River North Mortgages