Ritzy Gold Coast rich in heritage, ch...

Ritzy Gold Coast rich in heritage, character

There are 5 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 16, 2009, titled Ritzy Gold Coast rich in heritage, character. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The Gold Coast is a neighborhood of contrasts. It is a tiny, quiet neighborhood of historic brownstones intermingled with high-rises nestled along Lake Shore Drive on the Near North Side .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Downtown Parent

Chicago, IL

#1 Apr 17, 2009
Nice article, but you missed pointing out a great neighborhood amenity for parents. I am speaking of Day Frog, an indoor playspace for kids living in the Gold Coast and Near North neighborhoods. I know dozens of parent with small kids who have benefited from this amazing space. There is nothing else like it downtown and I have personally witnessed nearly every one of my neighbors' kids playing there.
Edward Deline

Chicago, IL

#2 Apr 17, 2009
is that what the Day Frog is?? I always see it when I'm walking my dog and only notice it because it explicitly says no dogs and wondered why.
Dave

Chicago, IL

#3 Apr 17, 2009
It's funny, but true. Once you move in, you tend not to leave. I moved to the area about 15 years ago thinking I'd be here no more than three years.

I went so far as to purchase several places, in different neighborhoods, thinking I'd move, but I ended up selling my "new homes" because I just couldn't leave the area.

A neighbor sold her place and moved away for about a year. She missed the GC so much that she ended up moving back to the very same building.
Ita

Redford, MI

#4 Apr 17, 2009
nkn'kn
Rev Jackson

San Jose, CA

#5 May 6, 2009
If you like lakefront living, but the Goldcoast is too expensive. Look at this place directly upon the water in Edgewater: http://eastpointcondo.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Near North Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Morning Spin: Rauner: Marijuana decriminalizati... May 20 Le Jimbo 1
News New Changes Aimed at Rooting Out Racism Within ... May 1 chicongo 13
News Prince's lasting impact on Chicago, and other news Apr '16 Tami 2
News My Chicago Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 3
News 3 dead, 11 wounded in shootings Thursday across... Apr '16 bozo 2
Have your heard of AutoBinarySignals? Is this t... Feb '16 Jason 1
News ACLU: Chicago leads NYC in use of stop-and-frisk (Mar '15) Mar '15 rahm Jizzbucket e... 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Near North Mortgages