From gritty roots to urban chic

From gritty roots to urban chic

There are 9 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 10, 2008, titled From gritty roots to urban chic. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Cody Harper enjoys the view from his Two River Place condo: "I knew it would be a good location because more restaurants were opening," he says.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

nearwestsuburban ite

Edwardsburg, MI

#1 Jul 11, 2008
The undesirables have been pushed out of River North and are now causing mayhem in our neck of the woods. The so-called regentrification of the west, south, and near north loop has displaced thousands of the criminal element who are on the move. Daley doesn't solve his city's problems, he just dumps them on his neighbors' doorsteps.

And $417.000 for a two bedroom apartment in a condo canyon?I wish the young buyer well when it's time to sell.
Girl Needs a Date

Munster, IN

#2 Jul 11, 2008
He's cute. Is he single?
TMW

Chicago, IL

#3 Jul 11, 2008
Jealous much, nws?
Mrs Ben Linus

Munster, IN

#4 Jul 11, 2008
Not really much of a "view"

Since: Nov 07

Lincoln Square, Chicago

#5 Jul 11, 2008
Mrs Ben Linus wrote:
Not really much of a "view"
well, you're spoiled, you see.

it is easy to dismiss his view once you wake up each day to the stunning panaromas and breathtaking vistas that are practically inescapable as one sweeps their eyes across orland park, illinois.

that is a terrific urban view, and this is a dazzlingly beautiful city.

its residents just won't stop shooting each other.
nearwestsuburban ite

Edwardsburg, MI

#6 Jul 11, 2008
TMW wrote:
Jealous much, nws?
I'm a real estate investor--jealousy has nothing to do with it. I just think that paying those kind of bucks for what amounts to an apartment is risky. That's why I wish the young owner well.

And I'm tired of Daley and his cronies shifting their criminal element upon unsuspecting people.
MrD

Hickory Hills, IL

#7 Jul 11, 2008
What moron would pay $1.5 Mil for a condo looking at old warehouses? Oh yeah, and "River North has the urban beat....and San Diego has a dead beat." Wait till this tool endures a few winters teetering around the frozen narrow, run down alley-like streets of River North...LMAO. I shall now go and purchase some jazzed-up IKEA-like furniture at Ligneroset :-)
Thomas

Woodland Hills, CA

#8 Jul 11, 2008
WOW everyone has forgotten about the 1st Chicago GAY ghetto? Remember Jane Byrne & her River North redevelopement project in the early 80's. There were at least 15 Gay bars & establishments from Grand ave to the River. & between Halsted to Dearborn. Their leases were not renewed so they had to move up north. CHEAP RENT....SO RIVER NORTH COULD BE WHAT IT IS TODAY. Thank Jane Byrne. MAGIANO's ON GRAND AVE WAS A GAY HOTEL.A PICTURE OF THAT BUILDING IS THEIR L.A. GROVE RESTAURANT.WHICH IS SO BEAUTIFUL. Thanks but don't hide.
bush will

Kolkata, India

#11 Jul 17, 2008
Aftereffects of drinking can be painful
If we talk about real estate than land and buildings sales and purchase it come in it. Builder works and provide facilities to them who really want to purchase.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Near North Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News An LGBT Tour Of The Great Lakes (Aug '15) Apr 16 watching livonia 12
News Bike law enforcement in Chicago: uneven and unfair Mar 29 vinate66 1
News Fernwood man held without bail for Lakeview car... Mar '17 lol 1
News Murder suspect waives bail hearing (Aug '07) Mar '17 Depooty 268
News Hundreds rally, march for transgender rights in... Feb '17 actorvet 4
News Thousands march in Chicago to protest Trump's e... Nov '16 Not so proud Amer... 26
News Incomes Have Declined In Most Chicago Neighborh... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Go Blue Forever 2

Near North Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Near North Mortgages