Slain officer a beat cop to the core

Full story: Chicago Tribune
When Chicago Police Officer Richard Francis got roughed up by a drunk a few weeks ago, injuring his back, his fellow officers told him to take it easy and ride out the rest of his year or two on medical leave ... Full Story
Kathy

Saint Francisville, LA

#1 Jul 3, 2008
My sympathy to the family, friends and coworkers of Officer Francis. And to the general readers out the, when the family of the shooter brings their lawsuit against the police force that works to protect all of us-howl and howl loudly.
JoAnn

Chicago, IL

#2 Jul 3, 2008
He must have really loved his job. I cannot imagine what it must feel like to lay your life on the line everyday. May God bless his family at their time of need.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakeview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to survive Chicago's latest arctic blast Jan 9 Sweetness 3
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... Dec 31 obunglerApenis 20
20-year-old dies after fall from window in Chicago Dec '14 reality is a crutch 1
How a Lost Dog from Wilmette Helped Another Fin... Nov '14 AnitaSwiss 1
A white, wealthy ward went to Rauner-and how th... Nov '14 reality is a crutch 1
Emanuel set to outline re-election agenda in fi... Oct '14 Le Jimbo 6
jimmy gouskos 18 years for con uptown and every... (Jul '12) Oct '14 Jimmy s Friend 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lakeview People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:52 pm PST