Haunted Chicago: The Scary Side of th...

Haunted Chicago: The Scary Side of the Windy City

There are 15 comments on the findingDulcinea story from Oct 26, 2009, titled Haunted Chicago: The Scary Side of the Windy City. In it, findingDulcinea reports that:

Chicago is a fine destination for architecture buffs, deep-dish pizza lovers, Magnificent Mile shoppers and Cubs fans, but ghostly presences also blow through the Windy City.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at findingDulcinea.

phil

AOL

#1 Nov 9, 2009
if you are in need of a cheap date ,... a big thrill and need or are in need of a slight push , in order to be come a true believer in haunted places ,......a quick visit to the volo antique mall just off route 12 , south of fox lake Illinois, might be your cup of tea .. an hour north west of Chicago , is a place called volo antique malls and auto museum . go on up to up in the ' the old barn {called ' mall one }-- this is a truly haunted place , one trip ,..., and you will find out ,....even if you don't believe in such things , just one visit will be enough to convince you . the rest of the volo campus is ok, and ghost free ,......and is a fun place to visit, for the entire faintly . the other 2 antique malls, the antique 1960's muscle car museum and sales floor ,... and don't forget the wonderful military museum , these are all great places for a visit , but mall 1 , the big ole barn , built about 100 years ago , is a different story . stop by if you don't believe in ghosts --,one trip to the top floor ,and you will change your mind !,....go alone , if you dare ...... linger around up there for a while , and you will be a believer ,... you will hear strange things ,.. and if you can stand it --some thing will happen ,....most so called haunted sites are inert and innocuous , not this one ! come by and see it for your self . i guarantee you will be creeped out !
whoop dee du

AOL

#2 Nov 10, 2009
we will go ,...just to see what all the talk is about ,.....
whoop dee du

AOL

#3 Nov 10, 2009
harms woods ..........
whoop dee du

AOL

#4 Nov 10, 2009
cuba road
oh bam ma

AOL

#5 Nov 10, 2009
MOST ANTIQUE MALLS ARE HAUNTED , {ASK ANY ONE WHO WORKS AT ONE} ..... THE GURNEE ANTIQUE CENTER MALL { near great america } HAS MORE THAN A FEW RESIDENT GHOSTS ,.......THEY EVEN HAVE A FEW ON TAPE ....WALKING AROUND AFTER HOURS ....AND MESSING THINGS UP
oh bam ma

AOL

#6 Nov 10, 2009
and dont go in the basment ' after dark ' ....in the walworth wis. antique mall .. ON THE SQUARE ... near lake geneva -- some one died in there 60 years ago ,..and will not 'move on ' ..... i guess they like antiques
Emily

Warrenville, IL

#7 Dec 1, 2009
I've been to Volo Antiques before, but never knew it was haunted until I saw Ghost Lab...now I want to go back there...
flockewe

AOL

#8 Dec 1, 2009
hey ,....i just saw volo was on the tv show ghost lab too ,......but then it might be a bit scarry ,..if it is true,.......
flockewe

AOL

#9 Dec 2, 2009
i think i will go up to volo today ,.... and see just what this haunted antique barn has to offer ,...it sounds like a fun day trip,.. out in the boondocks
yo dude

AOL

#10 Jan 27, 2010
scare me baby
james

Torrance, CA

#11 Feb 9, 2010
hi:)
ken phuch

AOL

#12 Feb 23, 2010
volo VOLO volo !
Anonymous

Santa Barbara, CA

#13 Apr 6, 2010
I went up there to buy a couch and we didnt have the slightest idea it was haunted we went to all the malls and we went to the one across frm mall one and saw a face it was dark and we screamed we tried to tell my friends mom she didnt believe us and made us go in she decided to stay down stairs but we went up and we heard lots of things and if u want to hear the real story read below and i promise its true!!!!!!!!!!

Well when we got scared and ran back down stairs and we were like ten and eleven and we went to tal to the lady who was workin there and she told us the whole barn used to be an old mans farm and he was rich but liked the farm life simple. And so he lived by himself cuz his wife died at an early age she died in that barn and then it was about three weeks till her death anniversary and he was using some machine i dont know what it was called and got his arm stuck in it and he died. They ended up buying a couch there and there house has been wierder than ever and i have seen all of this!!!!! Go there if ya want a scare and anyway so good luck and no matter how cheap it is dont buy it!!!
rustybutt

London, KY

#14 Apr 8, 2010
once i saw the ghost of elvis on michigan ave in chicago,and he looked at me and said thank you very much.
dickwadd

AOL

#15 Apr 10, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
I went up there to buy a couch and we didnt have the slightest idea it was haunted we went to all the malls and we went to the one across frm mall one and saw a face it was dark and we screamed we tried to tell my friends mom she didnt believe us and made us go in she decided to stay down stairs but we went up and we heard lots of things and if u want to hear the real story read below and i promise its true!!!!!!!!!!
Well when we got scared and ran back down stairs and we were like ten and eleven and we went to tal to the lady who was workin there and she told us the whole barn used to be an old mans farm and he was rich but liked the farm life simple. And so he lived by himself cuz his wife died at an early age she died in that barn and then it was about three weeks till her death anniversary and he was using some machine i dont know what it was called and got his arm stuck in it and he died. They ended up buying a couch there and there house has been wierder than ever and i have seen all of this!!!!! Go there if ya want a scare and anyway so good luck and no matter how cheap it is dont buy it!!!
volo is haunted !
just try going into that barn in mall one ,alone ----- you WILL hear things -----stay out of mall one !
{mall 2 is much better any way }
there is a ghost of some guy --"big stu" -----
beware --- big stu is lurking under the stairs in mall 3 !
i saw him with my own eyes !---------

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakeview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Midwest travel: Chicago Children's Museum gets ... Aug 19 Real Faxt 1
so how is lincoln park at night now? Aug 4 thomas real one 1
News C-section scars can be psychological too: 'What... Jun '17 Keyanna 2
News Target shoots for retail comeback, and Chicago ... Jun '17 be4 Target eh 1
News An LGBT Tour Of The Great Lakes (Aug '15) Apr '17 watching livonia 12
News Fernwood man held without bail for Lakeview car... Mar '17 lol 1
News Hundreds rally, march for transgender rights in... Feb '17 actorvet 4

Lakeview Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance