Gold Coast attack linked to previous ...

Gold Coast attack linked to previous incident

There are 32 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 19, 2008, titled Gold Coast attack linked to previous incident. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A Chicago man was ordered held in lieu of $500,000 bail Saturday in connection with an attack on a Gold Coast woman this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Matt

United States

#2 Jul 19, 2008
Nice guy...hope he rots.
Jack

Hammond, IN

#3 Jul 19, 2008
Why does the Chicago Tribune disable the message board discussions for south side violence, but opens the message boards for north side and suburban crime?
Messy

Bloomington, IL

#4 Jul 19, 2008
Nice. This low-life attacks a woman over a year ago and is let out on bail to attack someone else. Who knows how many other assaults he's committed since he's been out on bail?

C'mon, you know there have been other assaults, not to mention the fact that he's probably been offending for the last 30 or so years, given his age.
mtv

Seymour, IN

#5 Jul 19, 2008
you have to love the liberal judges afraid of sending someone to the slammer until trial if they are a danger to society.
CAG123

Chicago, IL

#6 Jul 19, 2008
I'm soooo glad they caught him. I heard 1st hand with this happened. I felt soo bad for her. May he rot in jail and if he is lucky be treated the exact same way but a bigger jail mate =).

Since: Oct 07

Uptown

#7 Jul 19, 2008
mtv wrote:
you have to love the liberal judges afraid of sending someone to the slammer until trial if they are a danger to society.
Liberal judges huh? What about over crowded prisons? Lack of funding How about talking about all facets of our criminal justice system as opposed to making a broad, dunder-headed swipe?
Zebra

Park Forest, IL

#8 Jul 19, 2008
Oh Waaaaaaaah.....overcrowded prisons? Another lefty feeling sorry for the criminal. Maybe you have a spare bedroom and you could volunteer to take him in. Then you could sing Kum Ba Yah to him for his bedtime song.

You might feel a bit differently if it was your mother who was attacked.

Bring back the chain gangs....better yet, just hang the s.o.b.....in public, preferably.

OLDADEYO

Oak Forest, IL

#10 Jul 19, 2008
He's just confused-stand him up and shoot him, THE END
andrea

Chicago, IL

#11 Jul 19, 2008
when a man is convicted of crimes such as this, he should immediately have his "member" taken off.
Steve

Chicago, IL

#12 Jul 19, 2008
Does anyone know how he was caught?
Lake Bluff

AOL

#13 Jul 19, 2008
Jack wrote:
Why does the Chicago Tribune disable the message board discussions for south side violence, but opens the message boards for north side and suburban crime?
We're only allowed to talk about naughty White people.

Since: Oct 07

Uptown

#14 Jul 19, 2008
Who said I was a 'lefty?' You need to work on reading comprehension. Step back and look at the big picture. Sure you can say judges are lenient, but what is suppose to happen when somebody is locked up only to be released early or better yet, receive a suspended sentence because of over crowding.

I feel sorry for criminals? Sure I do, I feel sorry for a lot of people. But mainly the children of people that think like you.

What is your point other than try to come on this board and rabble rouse by spitting out the 'L' word and other conservative catch phrases.

Then to top of your pointless rant you throw in the token racist comment:

<Then you could sing Kum Ba Yah to him for his bedtime song.>

And pepper it with some good old facism.

<Bring back the chain gangs....better yet, just hang the s.o.b.....in public, preferably.>

And you really think liberals are crazy?

Zebra wrote:
Oh Waaaaaaaah.....overcrowded prisons? Another lefty feeling sorry for the criminal. Maybe you have a spare bedroom and you could volunteer to take him in. Then you could sing Kum Ba Yah to him for his bedtime song.
You might feel a bit differently if it was your mother who was attacked.
Bring back the chain gangs....better yet, just hang the s.o.b.....in public, preferably.
mark

Orland Park, IL

#15 Jul 19, 2008
POS perv can rot in prison.
Writer Of Wrongs

Naperville, IL

#16 Jul 19, 2008
Here is another dangerous predator who needs to be locked up for a very long time. Will the judicial system wait until he becomes a serial killer before taking the necessary action ? Let's hope not.
Pat

Lansing, IL

#19 Jul 20, 2008
Can't you all get it that this is a crazy person. The issue is not North side verses South side, the issue is all the crazy people that run around the streets in Chicago. There are no crazy people running around peeping on themselves and acting menacing where I live. Get the crazy people off the streets and put them into sheltered workshops way off in the countryside and a whole lot of the attacks on innocents will cease in the downtown area.
HARLEY LOWRIDER

United States

#20 Jul 20, 2008
Lake Bluff wrote:
<quoted text>
We're only allowed to talk about naughty White people.
I think that you are more right then you will ever no !!!
Silence DoGood

Forest Hills, NY

#22 Jul 20, 2008
Why is this man NOT in jail from his last assault? Violent crime needs to be held to a higher level of accountability. He gets 500k bail for this?! But it's only rejected because of his previous bail violation. Oh, and thanks Tribune for this incredibly salient story. What was his bail violation? Why is he not in jail? What happened to the first woman? How was he apprehended? Crime is on the rise in Chicago, and all you can do is give us junior reporter drivel. This is a BLOG entry, not a piece of any kind of journalism. Are there like three reporters left at the Trib?
vivi

Evanston, IL

#24 Jul 20, 2008
hopefully he'll get killed in prison!
Logical

Chicago, IL

#25 Jul 20, 2008
typo wrote:
Who said I was a 'lefty?' You need to work on reading comprehension. Step back and look at the big picture. Sure you can say judges are lenient, but what is suppose to happen when somebody is locked up only to be released early or better yet, receive a suspended sentence because of over crowding.
I feel sorry for criminals? Sure I do, I feel sorry for a lot of people. But mainly the children of people that think like you.
What is your point other than try to come on this board and rabble rouse by spitting out the 'L' word and other conservative catch phrases.
Then to top of your pointless rant you throw in the token racist comment:
<Then you could sing Kum Ba Yah to him for his bedtime song.>
And pepper it with some good old facism.
<Bring back the chain gangs....better yet, just hang the s.o.b.....in public, preferably.>
And you really think liberals are crazy?
<quoted text>
I don't think liberals are crazy. I KNOW they are!

And, as someone said, why don't you take the likes of this POS and keep him with you at home? You feel sorry for criminals. Talk about misplaced sympathy! What a goof!
Pat Kamuda

Boaz, KY

#26 Jul 20, 2008
Every 2 1/2 minutes a woman is assaulted. Why are these creeps out on the street? Maybe the judges and prosecutors should wonder if it happened to men, Would they the back on the streets?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakeview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A list of Chicago's best landlords Feb '15 gaga2 3
News How a Lost Dog from Wilmette Helped Another Fin... (Nov '14) Nov '14 AnitaSwiss 1
jimmy gouskos 18 years for con uptown and every... (Jul '12) Oct '14 Jimmy s Friend 4
News Chicago parking: 44th Ward aide saved quarters ... (May '09) Oct '14 Ram 288
News Did you hear? (Aug '14) Aug '14 Only if 4
News Lawsuit claims neighbor's cat odors hurt proper... (Jul '14) Jul '14 bensleys thoughts 1
News Racial Inequality is the Root of Violent Crime ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 hands on AR 5
More from around the web

Lakeview People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]