Chicago high school sex case: Ex-coach testifies he bought sex ...

Full story: Chicago Tribune
An ex-basketball coach at Walter Payton College Prep High School on trial for allegedly sexually assaulting two 15-year-old students acknowledged buying sex toys and underwear for one of the girls and engaged in sexual conversations. Read more
Diane

Scottsdale, AZ

#1 Jun 29, 2009
What is it with these college-educated men who are fully aware of the consequences of sexual activity with under-age girls, putting the child and themselves in this kind of jeopardy - no morals and no common sense - lose their job, get a police record, humiliate themselves and their families - just completely nuts I guess.
Lars

Chicago, IL

#6 Jun 30, 2009
So not only are there a small minority of Catholic priests who are pedders but even government schools have pedders teaching in them. Oh my!

Maybe we should eliminate government schools.
HoHum

Safety Harbor, FL

#7 Jun 30, 2009
Women teachers get movie and book deals when they molest minor students. What's the big deal? Women that believe in gender equality should be supporting this guy, or is gender equality really a SHAM when it involves being held to the same legal standard as men? Do the math.
zermatt

Schaumburg, IL

#8 Jun 30, 2009
Lars wrote:
So not only are there a small minority of Catholic priests who are pedders but even government schools have pedders teaching in them. Oh my!
Maybe we should eliminate government schools.
Just ask the NEA how many of their members are accused of inappropriate behavior with students. They won't tell you, of course.

About 15 years ago I worked for the insurer that provided a legal defense payment for criminal cases NEA had. Payment would be made if the teacher was exonerated. We would get 25 to 30 new cases per year and had a couple of hundred that were pending awaiting legal outcomes.

During my time managing the department less than 5% of the claims would be honored due to the teacher being exonerated.

Public or private schools makes no difference. Sex predators are anywhere there are kids. Church groups, park districts, amusement parks, boy/girl scouts, etc. Parents need to be more involved in their kids activities and be vigilant for adults that seem to be overly interested in their children or too helpful to be true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakeview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ACLU: Chicago leads NYC in use of stop-and-frisk 22 hr joey 3
News Rahm Emanuel not warm to 24/7 Wrigley construction Mar 3 Total Recall 1
News A list of Chicago's best landlords Feb '15 gaga2 3
News How a Lost Dog from Wilmette Helped Another Fin... Nov '14 AnitaSwiss 1
jimmy gouskos 18 years for con uptown and every... (Jul '12) Oct '14 Jimmy s Friend 4
News Chicago parking: 44th Ward aide saved quarters ... (May '09) Oct '14 Ram 288
News Did you hear? (Aug '14) Aug '14 Only if 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lakeview People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]