Posted in the Chinatown Forum
#1 May 5, 2008
Hi, I have to do an in depth report about Chinatown and I've completed all of the parts except forgot to get an interview. So if anyone thinks they could answer any of these questions that'd be great
* Why is Chinatown important to Chinese people? Do you think Chinatown is important to others as well? Please provide specific examples.
* Can communities help keep people's dreams/hope/positiveness alive?
* How much of a sense of community do you feel in Chinatown?
* Do you think Chinatown is welcoming to outsiders?
* How often do you leave Chinatown and for what purpose(s)?
* Do you think ethnic communities fortify or break down language barriers? Can they do both simultaneously?
* How important is cultural identity in Chinatown? In your own life?
* Also if you could just give a little biographical / background information about yourself...
Any amount of effort in answering them will be appreciated.
Thanks a lot!
Add your comments below
|Lots Of Fun, But Lots Of Traffic In Chicago Thi...||Jun 12||Youngest Tastes Best||3|
|Duckworth blasts Kirk for silence on Trump's co...||Jun 10||Mitt s Airtight D...||2|
|Dusty Groove Will Revive A Chicago Soul DJ Trad...||Jun 8||bozo||1|
|Michael Selvie was charged Thursday with the mu... (Jan '07)||Jun 4||His brother||22|
|With Spire project dead, plan stalls to develop...||May 31||maschwab||1|
|Why Chicago's Chinatown is flourishing while ot...||May '16||Bill||1|
|The Best of Chicago: What to see and do in Chicago (May '14)||May '14||joey||2|
Find what you want!
Search Chinatown Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC