'America's Most Wanted' fugitive arre...

'America's Most Wanted' fugitive arrested in Chinatown

There are 56 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 17, 2008, titled 'America's Most Wanted' fugitive arrested in Chinatown. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Chicago police Sunday night in Chinatown arrested a fugitive long-sought in connection with a California 1998 double homicide and featured on the television program "America's Most Wanted." Central District ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Young Granny - Illinois

Chicago, IL

#72 Mar 17, 2008
Is he legal alien or on a work permit? This is why china town and the asian community suffers with crime but you don't hear about it. Because they are scare or don't like to call outsider in. I think not only spanishing speaking people need to be investigated, but the Asian population is over running many cities. They need to investigate that cultural as well as others. The crime is continuing to grow in area that are hiding illegal alien and prostitution is truly high. The Russian are killing and bringing mobster in the USA as well as drugs. They bring all the people in create fraudalent doucment and paid off our police and policitican. USA is going to continue to be in trouble until we take a stand to improve our counrty.
Logic

South Charleston, OH

#73 Mar 17, 2008
Disgusted wrote:
Nice posts. Once again you all prove Chicago is a racist city with citizens lacking in intellectual abilities. Second City? Try second class city.
Don't like it around here? Leave! Nothing, or nobodys, forcing you to stay. Don't let door hit you in butt on your way out!
Peter North

Chicago, IL

#74 Mar 17, 2008
Wasn't this guy a character in Mortal Kombat?
OPERATION GREYLORD

Maitland, FL

#75 Mar 17, 2008
GOOD...........NOW FIND THE CROOKED LAWYERS WHO PIMP THE JUDGES. This is SUNSHINE WEEK....... Honoring the freedom of information laws and OPEN GOVERNMENT....... However,,,, THE BAR has made a mockery of DUE PROCESS by hiding manyt records under the ARBITRATION shell......... ARBITRATORS DISCLOSE NOTHING..... NOTE EVEN THE KICKBACKS TO REFERRING JUDGE JAY SPECHLER.
Max

Schaumburg, IL

#76 Mar 17, 2008
Wang, Wang, the leader of a gang.
Shot his wife and her son with a really big 'bang'.
Now he'll go to jail and become an inmate's 'tang.
Don't feel sorry for that piece of **** Wang.
Citizen

Glen Ellyn, IL

#77 Mar 17, 2008
It's funny to read some of the responses. Just because the US opens it's borders to other countries doesn't give us citizens the right to be racist or ignorant. Someone stated in the posts before that Asians like to shield their own and not report their own? You're kidding right? Just because you don't hear about it on the news doesn't mean the Asian communities don't turn people in. People need to get their heads out of their a$$. It doesn't matter what race, culture or whatever it is you want to classify them as, a murder is a murder, a rapist is a rapist, the skin color of someone has no meaning. We all bleed red. Ignorance is a bliss. I'm glad this murder is off the streets with more to go, stop fighting each other and help clean the streets we need to provide a better future for our kids and their kids. Unity is the best solution.
ajc

Woodridge, IL

#78 Mar 17, 2008
WAIT A SECOND wrote:
<quoted text>
If a white American needs to hide, he has to leave the country as the community will not shelter him. Isn't it fair to question why the Asian/Asian-American community sheltered him?
Where do you get the idea that the "Asian/Asian-American community" sheltered him? Who are you including in this community? His blood relatives? Hardly a community. When America's Most Wanted's website published the story, the Chinese-American media in the U.S. publicized the story and within two weeks a tipster (most likely Asian himself as he was reading that Chinese-language newspaper) turned him in! The victims of this killer were also Asian.

So again, who is in this community you speak of? I find it hard to believe that ANY community of any race/ethnicity, if it knew that there was such a violent killer in its midst, would willingly shelter him. There are issues regarding aliens trusting the police and thus not reporting crimes (crimes that victimize the immigrants themselves), but there is no desire to shelter murderers.

Last point -- There are MANY more white fugitives on AMW than there are Asian fugitives. So much for your theory that if a white American needs to hide, he needs to flee the country.(Maybe the "white American community" sheltering the white fugitives?)

Stop looking for ways to justify your simplistic and paranoid view of ethnic minorities forming some scary anti-American monolith. Especially when your argument can be blown out of the water so easily.
wrecksracer

United States

#79 Mar 17, 2008
Unity?!?!?! With the white devil that speaks with forked tongue! You've gotta be kidding!
catso

Melrose Park, IL

#80 Mar 17, 2008
wrecksracer wrote:
The racist rants on these message boards just goes to show how many scared whities there are. Afraid that hard working people of color are coming to take all their jobs. Leaving the poor white trash in their trailer park tending to their inbred hillbilly children
How did Britney Spears get involved with this?

“Nothing beats good DNA”

Since: Nov 07

Ogden, UT

#81 Mar 17, 2008
ceci wrote:
Tee hee. No more Fu Lin around!
Now, that's cute. I'm surprised noone else replied to it yet. Thanks for the pick-me-up.
AMERICAN CHICK

United States

#86 Mar 17, 2008
You people sure do like to jump to conclusions with out getting all the facts. Just happy that a killer is off the streets. Bad people come in all shapes, sizes and colors.
AzCat

United States

#87 Mar 17, 2008
wrecksracer wrote:
The racist rants on these message boards just goes to show how many scared whities there are. Afraid that hard working people of color are coming to take all their jobs. Leaving the poor white trash in their trailer park tending to their inbred hillbilly children
wow, aren't we observant!!
When did they throw you of the projects??
Jerk!!!! Made it all the way up to Schaumburg...whooooppieee
Bink

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#88 Mar 17, 2008
wrecksracer wrote:
The racist rants on these message boards just goes to show how many scared whities there are. Afraid that hard working people of color are coming to take all their jobs. Leaving the poor white trash in their trailer park tending to their inbred hillbilly children
never lost my job to a person of color,as a hard working white guy,the people who ran me off after 30 years were also white people looking for another 1% profit,i do live in a trailer and have children although not inbred. hillbilly? maybe,don't know what a hillbilly is for sure.....oh trailer is paid for and retirement is probably much more comfortable than most non-hillbillys,haven't seen any foreclosures in the trailer park but have noticed quite a few in the condo's here.work on brother.
Chicago Chinatwon

United States

#89 Mar 18, 2008
It's good to know that there are still good citizens within the Chinese community not afraid to do the right thing. I lived a few house down from where they captured wang, and me and my family don't have the slightest clue it was him featured on amw. He speaks good english, but according to newspaper report he was acting dumb when the cpd arrested him. He is known to patronize the local whore house, and I assume that's how someone came to identify him through his body art. Even on hot summer days he would cover his body from head to toe. It's a bit shocking to have had rub elbows with someone like wang. scary!

“Nothing beats good DNA”

Since: Nov 07

Ogden, UT

#90 Mar 18, 2008
Bink wrote:
<quoted text>never lost my job to a person of color,as a hard working white guy,the people who ran me off after 30 years were also white people looking for another 1% profit,i do live in a trailer and have children although not inbred. hillbilly? maybe,don't know what a hillbilly is for sure.....oh trailer is paid for and retirement is probably much more comfortable than most non-hillbillys,haven't seen any foreclosures in the trailer park but have noticed quite a few in the condo's here.work on brother.
Bravo! Keep up the good work. Kiss the lady and make time for the grandkids...that's what it's all about. G-d speed, my man.
osama bin laden

Oxford, UK

#91 Apr 3, 2008
You will never catch me ! muahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chinatown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lots Of Fun, But Lots Of Traffic In Chicago Thi... Jun 12 Youngest Tastes Best 3
News Duckworth blasts Kirk for silence on Trump's co... Jun 10 Mitt s Airtight D... 2
News Dusty Groove Will Revive A Chicago Soul DJ Trad... Jun 8 bozo 1
News Michael Selvie was charged Thursday with the mu... (Jan '07) Jun 4 His brother 22
News With Spire project dead, plan stalls to develop... May 31 maschwab 1
News Why Chicago's Chinatown is flourishing while ot... May '16 Bill 1
News The Best of Chicago: What to see and do in Chicago (May '14) May '14 joey 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chinatown Mortgages