5 top spots to see the marathon

5 top spots to see the marathon

There are 6 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 4, 2007, titled 5 top spots to see the marathon. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

About 1.5 million people are expected on Sunday to watch the 40,000 runners in the LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Jaime

Vancouver, Canada

#1 Oct 4, 2007
GOOD LUCK TO ALL RUNNERS IN THIS YEAR'S MARATHON. DON'T QUIT EVEN WHEN YOUR MIND WANTS TO. GO MARATHONERS, GO CUBBIES AND GO BEARS!!!!
Margie

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Oct 4, 2007
GO DARREN, GO!! Best of luck. Give it that 110%!
susan clarke

Chicago, IL

#3 Oct 4, 2007
Good luck Sue! Love, Jerry, Lizz, Caitlin, Kevin, Jack
Andrea

Atlanta, GA

#4 Oct 5, 2007
Run, run ... Brian, Art and Joyce. We'll be keeping up with you all from here. We're proud of all of you! Love, Brice, Andrea, Lewis, Nathaniel & Krystle
NY Runner

Oak Forest, IL

#5 Oct 5, 2007
From what Ive been told, the final stretch along Michigan Avenue north of 35th St, is usually not very populated. Might be a good place to get a close spot and to lend some support to the runners nearing the finish.
Tim

Chicago, IL

#6 Oct 6, 2007
I'm surprised that this article doesn't mention Lakeview as a great place to watch the marathon. I've heard from several different runners that Lakeview is their favorite stretch as far as the crowd goes. The sidewalks are packed along Broadway, south of Addison, and it's one huge party out there cheering on the runners!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chinatown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Illinois Congressman Handcuffed After Refusing ... Mar 19 valerie 46
News Honeygrow, Another Fast-Casual Salad Chain, To ... Mar 16 jimmy johnson 2
News Man, 60, stabbed during break-in at Old Town bu... Mar 9 Trump is the man 1
News Chicago immigration rally has message for Trump... Mar 9 lol 12
News Emanuel's 'people plazas' program struggling to... Mar 3 Rep Denny Hasturd 2
News An LGBT Tour Of The Great Lakes (Aug '15) Feb 23 Faith 9
News Sleep In to Benefit 13 Youth Homeless Agencies ... Feb 21 former democrat 2

Chinatown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chinatown Mortgages