Chinese New Year brings new cultural ...

Chinese New Year brings new cultural experience for Chicago stu...

There are 1 comment on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 10, 2008, titled Chinese New Year brings new cultural experience for Chicago stu.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

But when 31 students from Chicago Westside hopped into vans Friday afternoon, the day after Pui Tak students and others in Chinatown celebrated the start of the Chinese New Year, they crossed geographical and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Rachel Roa

Blue Island, IL

#1 Feb 11, 2008
As a future teacher, I think this is an excellent article. It teaches children to step outside of the box and explore other cultures in a positive manner. I feel what these two principles did, may set the way for future schools to incorporate this type of mulitcultural educational learning in their schools.
On a personal note, I always found Chinese New Year fascinating. The chinese culture is very family oriented. I find that fascinating, because our society today is losing a lot of family values and time spent with one another. Although I have never attended the festivities of Chinese New Year, I always want to go, but this year the weather kept me indoors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chinatown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Morning Spin: Preckwinkle says she'll run for r... May 23 Yes But 2
Looking for House sitting position Apr '17 debbie 1
News An LGBT Tour Of The Great Lakes (Aug '15) Apr '17 watching livonia 12
News Illinois Congressman Handcuffed After Refusing ... Mar '17 valerie 43
News Honeygrow, Another Fast-Casual Salad Chain, To ... Mar '17 jimmy johnson 2
News Emanuel's 'people plazas' program struggling to... Mar '17 Rep Denny Hasturd 1
News February a short month, yet long on fun in Chicago Feb '17 former democrat 1

Chinatown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chinatown Mortgages