Review: Rent Smart Chicago
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Daniel Ortega

Chicago, IL

#22 May 25, 2010
To all former rent smart agents ( who had been screwded )!
Let's start a campaign aganist these crooks.
let's call it,

SCREW ERIKSON CAMPAIGN (SEC)

IF you wish to join, send us a note for our next convention at Cubby Bear.

Have a nice day,

Daniel ortega
Agent Irene

Chicago, IL

#23 May 25, 2010
haha
I like the term
iScrew rent smart chicago
Erickson Fcukasio owes me $850.
I have witnesses to prove it.
never go to iScrew rent smart chicago.
dissatisfied client

Chicago, IL

#24 May 25, 2010
here's Michael M.

These people deserve ZERO stars. They lie, cheat, scam, and even forge. I was moving to Chicago from Oakland, CA; I asked my soon to be roommate to look for an apartment. There was a post on Craigslist and the apartment looked like a good deal. We contacted them and they said they needed a security deposit ($1,400) and fees for the credit report.

The credit report didn't come back that great, so they said they would talk to the ownership on our behalf. They came back to us asking for 3 months rent for a deposit. We told them we couldn't afford that much of a deposit so we were withdrawing our application and asking for our deposit back. Also keep in mind we asked for a Dec. 1st move in and their "approval" was after that.

They refused to refund our deposit. I called my credit card company and had the charges reversed, the credit card company called Blue Property many times but they would never return their phone calls, until the charge back went through.

In the meantime Blue Property charged my card an additional $2,500, why I don't know.

The credit card company asked for documentation stating their refund guidelines. They sent them a document without a signature. I informed my credit card company that the only paper I ever signed was a credit card authorization and that this other piece of paperwork I had never seen let alone signed. After the credit card company told Blue Property this they pulled a document out of their ass with my signature on it. I was dumbfounded, did I sign something and not remember?

I took this newly found document and compared my signature on it to my signature on the credit card charge authorization form. They were identical, not identical as in the same person signed them both, but identical as in they did a little arts and crafts and forged my signature via cut-n-paste. Seeing that they only had to provide a fax of the paper to the credit card company they decided to do some art work. Now I am on the ringer for $1,400 and the credit card company told me that I will have to take it up in small claims court. Blue Property I will be seeing you in court for my refund and a little something extra for your deception.

As if all of this was not bad enough, I drove by said property and the whole building was vacant months later. They had not placed anyone in any of the units.

don't rent fromat crook Erickson Fcukasio.
Agent Peter

Chicago, IL

#26 May 25, 2010
That idiot Erickson owes me $ 925.
We all agents should get together and sue that SOB .
Jen

Chicago, IL

#27 May 26, 2010
rent smart chicago owes me $1200 in commissions.
I worked hard for it.
landlord cheryl

Chicago, IL

#28 May 26, 2010
my experience with these guys, horrible!!!!

Bad experience! I'm a landlord and went to this company to help me find a decent tenant. Jonah Hill was the agent. This was the worst thing I could have done! Blue Property now "Rent Smart Chicago" allegedly talked with the previous landlord and gave me an excellent report - which was my deciding factor. I am now going through an eviction process and found out my tenant was evicted from the last place he lived. I paid $1850.00 to them for one of the worst real-state experiences I ever had to go through. I would suggest find your own tenants on the Craig's list and do all the background checks yourself . It will save you a lot more money in the end.
Jim

Chicago, IL

#29 May 26, 2010
Mr Erickson Fcukasio owes me $2800.
Bill

Chicago, IL

#30 May 26, 2010
TO ALL RENTERS,

AVOID rent screw chicago.
They are all bloody thieves.
Juan

Skokie, IL

#31 May 26, 2010
Sounds like a lot of agents that could not do their jobs. Grow a pair and get a job at Mcdonalds, you can use your talents there....
Bill

Chicago, IL

#32 May 27, 2010
Oh, yeah ?
It is a matter of time, they are going to screw you,too
Rachel

Chicago, IL

#33 May 27, 2010
Don't go to rent smart chicago aka
rent screw chicago !

Let me start this review by saying that any refutation exhibited by this parasite of a "company" will be erroneous and frightfully misleading.
This is my first and only yelp review, but it is important.

"RENT SMART" is a joke with no punch-line.
I would go so far as to say that they are WORSE than ICM;
something I did not imagine possible.

These people are neither professional nor honest. They will take your money and run. Absolutely. You can read this review, shrug your shoulders and go with them - but you will be sorry.

Because of RENTSMART I have had to hire a lawyer, write letters and emails to the B.B. Bureau, and repeatedly contact their "corporate headquarters."
I will continue to do everything I can to spread the word about this awful experience.
This is a NATION WIDE COMPANY. There is NO EXCUSE for Erickson's lack of communication, respect and professionalism.
BUYER BEWARE.
Michelle

Chicago, IL

#34 May 27, 2010
Erickson Fcukasio is a scumbag.
Jorge

Chicago, IL

#35 May 28, 2010
rent rent chicago owes me $550.
liars

New York, NY

#36 Jun 1, 2010
MELINDA TITALEY wrote:
I Was Hesitant in using Rent Smart with all the Yelp reviews but honestly who would believe Yelp with the current class action lawsuit. I called their main office, got an agent to show me something in an hour and rent instantaneously. Great work, Fast and efficient service. I would highly recommend them. Thank you Rent Smart..
This is a fake post!....they use other people's info to post good things about their company! Don't trust them!!!!!!
Former Agent

Dana, IN

#37 Feb 23, 2011
Theres HAS to be something illegal about telling new hires that they can make 1,000-2,000 a week.

Even if 1 SINGLE agent was there it might be ethical to say.

I was there ten months and didn't see anyone make over 2,000 in a week. EVER.

Oh and the SPONSERING BROKER Sohail Salahuddin had his license put under probation for 'distribution of a controlled substance" in 2008.

http://www.idfpr.com/dpr/licenselookup/disc.a...

And I hope the managers stopped sleeping with their female agents in return for listings.
Daniel Ortega wrote:
To all former rent smart agents ( who had been screwded )!
Let's start a campaign aganist these crooks.
let's call it,
SCREW ERIKSON CAMPAIGN (SEC)
IF you wish to join, send us a note for our next convention at Cubby Bear.
Have a nice day,
Daniel ortega

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bucktown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More Than 60 People Shot in Chicago Jun 13 bozo 8
News Lots Of Fun, But Lots Of Traffic In Chicago Thi... Jun 12 Youngest Tastes Best 3
News Dusty Groove Will Revive A Chicago Soul DJ Trad... Jun 8 bozo 1
News Michael Selvie was charged Thursday with the mu... (Jan '07) Jun 4 His brother 22
News With Spire project dead, plan stalls to develop... May 31 maschwab 1
News Girl, 15, Among 3 Dead in Memorial Day Weekend ... May '16 bozo 1
News It's true: Indiana lures Chicago home buyers, b... (May '14) May '14 reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bucktown Mortgages