Owner blames employee theft as gyms close

There are 81 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 5, 2007, titled Owner blames employee theft as gyms close. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Cheetah Gym, a small chain of workout locations on Chicago's North Side, abruptly shut its doors today due to "employee theft and graft," according to a message from the owner on the company's Web site.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Paul

Chicago, IL

#90 Sep 8, 2007
I have a hard time buying the owner's story. He didn't know employee's were stealing from him until just after the next months's dues were collected? Give me a break. My guess is he made some bad deals and needs to sell to pay off some debts. But that's just conjecture.
It's a shame because the gyms are really nice. I hope somebody buys him out and re-opens them. Anyone from Multiplex listening?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bucktown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More Than 40 People Shot In Chicago Over Holida... Mon reality is a crutch 1
News It's true: Indiana lures Chicago home buyers, b... (May '14) May '14 reality is a crutch 1
News Chicago's Episcopal Church of the Mediator clos... (Dec '07) Nov '13 RevKen 20
News Convicted Rapist Gets Another 75 Years Behind Bars (Sep '13) Sep '13 you hate the truth 2
News Taco Tuesdays, $5 top shelf Margaritas at a Ay ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 bbb 1
News Three Pinot pours for $5 each Tuesdays at The C... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Blue_Eye_Gemini 1
News Police Charge Bucktown Rape Suspect After Traci... (Feb '13) Feb '13 reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Bucktown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]