Is Dunkin Donuts/ Mobil Gas closing i...

Is Dunkin Donuts/ Mobil Gas closing in Chicago Heights?

Posted in the Chicago Heights Forum

coffeegirl

Chicago, IL

#1 Dec 22, 2012
Does anybody know if its true that the dunkin donuts is closing in chicago heights? I was in there recently and over heard two men talking about the bussiness closing down. That would be a shame. Another fine bussiness in chicago heights closing. I think it is one of the cleanest and nicest looking bussiness in our town. Can't the city help them in any way?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#2 Dec 23, 2012
Yes, I think they are closing. I'm not sure that city government can do anything to save a failing donut shop, unfortunately.
hts man

Chicago, IL

#3 Dec 23, 2012
no tif or some kind of tax cutt
hts man

Chicago, IL

#4 Dec 23, 2012
What keeps that dump across the street going?
el capo

United States

#5 Dec 23, 2012
I was told they couldn't afford the shake downs!

Location hidden

#6 Dec 24, 2012
hts man wrote:
no tif or some kind of tax cutt
I don't think the city would be in good financial shape if they bailed out every business who can't make it on their own.
Jay Zu

Chicago, IL

#7 Dec 24, 2012
Hey hts man the buisness across the street employs previous city employees. Maybe that helps. Not saying who. But trust me on this.
hts man

Chicago, IL

#8 Dec 24, 2012
so what your saying, its better to let the business close.

Location hidden

#9 Dec 24, 2012
Businesses close every day all across America. Local government does not have the resources to save them all unless you want your taxes to skyrocket.
hts man

Chicago, IL

#10 Dec 24, 2012
and thats why this towns going.no help that guy ownes all that land and it sits.I know only help the ones that help you. good old hts
George

United States

#11 Dec 24, 2012
I've been living in Chicago Heights all my life and its a shame to see one of the nicest place in our town close down. They have the best service and attitude compared to some of the other places I've been to here. I don't know what's going on in this town, it looks like the local government doesn't care anymore. I bet after a few years there will just be a big pawn shop there or another loan place instead of a gas station and dunkin. Too sad too sad.
party guy

Chicago, IL

#12 Dec 25, 2012
sell liquor thats the only thing that keeps you alive in this town.
Fred

Melrose Park, IL

#13 Dec 25, 2012
Doesnt the ex police cheif own the place across the street.

His son i think is in jail

Location hidden

#14 Dec 26, 2012
Fred wrote:
Doesnt the ex police cheif own the place across the street.

His son i think is in jail
Incorrect. Mike has paid his debt to society and been free for almost a year now.
party guy

Chicago, IL

#15 Dec 26, 2012
how long did he go to jail, if i remember it was alot of drugs.
madd resident

Des Plaines, IL

#16 Dec 26, 2012
George wrote:
I've been living in Chicago Heights all my life and its a shame to see one of the nicest place in our town close down. They have the best service and attitude compared to some of the other places I've been to here. I don't know what's going on in this town, it looks like the local government doesn't care anymore. I bet after a few years there will just be a big pawn shop there or another loan place instead of a gas station and dunkin. Too sad too sad.
there are too many free loaders in town here.We need to clean house and bring the town back man!! Who's witt me?
Lacy36

United States

#17 Dec 26, 2012
They are closing due to the free loading city empolyees or they didnt plat ball with the city boys.
Hts m

Winnetka, IL

#19 Jun 4, 2014
Hay just came back to da hts. Good to see dunkin donuts is still open.what was with the cop on the roof last week.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The corruption continues at Bloom Trail... 13 hr Barbara Walters 19
Ralph the ex-Heights fireman 14 hr digger_70 17
How can TJ Somers be allowed to run his private... (Sep '11) 17 hr Letsbereal 18
Josh Deabel going down (Mar '15) 19 hr digger_70 22
Concerned Citizens Tue digger_70 2
Public Corruption & More (Sep '14) Aug 19 Sunny Coreleone 8
News The 10 most dangerous neighborhoods in Chicago Aug 19 Det Jimmy Shaker ... 6

Chicago Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Heights Mortgages