Chicago, IL

#21 Jun 13, 2012
The permanent fences and the flag pole may be a bigger problem
Blast from Oakforest 1

Naperville, IL

#22 Jun 14, 2012
ofba wrote:
The permanent fences and the flag pole may be a bigger problem
The OFBA worked with flag football to make sure there was enough room for a field there. Most of the fences in the outfield are temporary, and they will be taken down in order for flag football to play their games there.
Concerned parent

Niles, IL

#23 Jun 25, 2012
Ofba is a great organization! There are just a little to much politics going on at the pinto level! For heavens sake they are 7 and 8.Its pretty bad when someone is a manager and is a sore loser and he is in charge of umpires and then fixes the next game so that the team that beat him loses! Pretty sad!
tinley park bobcat

Midlothian, IL

#24 Jun 25, 2012
Please come over to play with the Bobcats and watch how real DAD ball is played
Baseball Supporter

Chicago, IL

#25 Jun 26, 2012
tinley park bobcat wrote:
Please come over to play with the Bobcats and watch how real DAD ball is played
How sad when you have to try to take kids from another town for your teams, especially when there is no difference, they are all the same.
Karen

Harvey, IL

#26 Jun 26, 2012
How can a manager be in charge of umpires?
Sore Loser Manager

Oak Forest, IL

#27 Jun 26, 2012
pretty bad when someone is a manager and is a sore loser and he is in charge of umpires and then fixes the next game so that the team that beat him loses! Pretty sad...
Please check your facts and do not spread gossip about something you know nothing about. Oak Forest Baseball is a great organization with a group of people who care a great deal about the kids and the sport. Everyone is a volunteer. No one is paid for their time they give whether being in charge of umpires or running a concession stand. As for the playoff games mentioned by "Concerned Parent" from Glenview - if you were there you would know the real story and that games are not fixed at this level and when a score is 16-6 that is not a fix but a team with a lot of runs. No ump can make a team hit a lot of runs. Maybe in Glenview but not in Oak Forest.
Baseball Fan

Midlothian, IL

#28 Jun 26, 2012
I'd like to say that it's pretty sad that you have to come to a website to complain...go to a meeting and complain there - ya know a place where the right people will actually hear your concerns and do something about them. The bottom line is all organizations have their messed up ways - this is not something that is exclusive to OFBA.
Observant Baseball Fan

Midlothian, IL

#29 Jun 27, 2012
Tommy Two Toes wrote:
"The fields that are the responsibility of the oak forest park district are in fine condition. I have played on them with my child and found nothing wrong with them. What else do you need from the tax payers?"

Have you seen Scarlet Oak field?? I'm gonna guess you haven't because if you did I don't think you would be saying there was nothing wrong with it. The grass is never mowed, the ball can't get past the infield, there is a gravel field and the field isn't striped EVER. Come to think of it I've been at many games/other fields when the fields aren't striped and the garbage cans are overflowing - whose job is it to take care of this anyway?
Tommy Two Toes

Chicago, IL

#30 Jun 27, 2012
Observant Baseball Fan wrote:
Tommy Two Toes wrote:
"The fields that are the responsibility of the oak forest park district are in fine condition. I have played on them with my child and found nothing wrong with them. What else do you need from the tax payers?"
Have you seen Scarlet Oak field?? I'm gonna guess you haven't because if you did I don't think you would be saying there was nothing wrong with it. The grass is never mowed, the ball can't get past the infield, there is a gravel field and the field isn't striped EVER. Come to think of it I've been at many games/other fields when the fields aren't striped and the garbage cans are overflowing - whose job is it to take care of this anyway?
Actually Scarlet Oak does NOT belong to the OF Park District, its the property of Arbor Park School District.

The striping should be the responsibilty of the OFBA if they use that certain field.... Unless they are willing to pay to have the stripng done.
Speakup

Midlothian, IL

#31 Jun 27, 2012
I believe the striping is done by OFBA. If garbage is overflowing and fields aren't striped then that means the guy or crew they have maintaining fields isn't doing his/their job. As another poster said go to a meeting and complain. Unless the board itself hears concerns nothing will get done - heck it may not get done even once the board hears it. But let's talk scheduling - have no idea who made up the schedules for all divisions this year but what a joke...guessing that in-house ball isn't as important as their travel teams - such a shame.
Twin Ray

Oak Forest, IL

#32 Jun 27, 2012
With OFBA, as with any organization, there are things that need to be fixed. It's not perfect - that is true. Garbage is sometimes overflowed. Fields at Scarlet are not perfect. But OFBA provides a QUALITY baseball program for the kids. We've been a part of this organization for 4 years and are VERY pleased with OFBA. Our sons' coaches have been great. They helped instill a love for baseball in our children. Ultimately, that is what I will remember - not overflowing garbage cans and overgrown fields. For those who are not satisified with the program, do something about it. OFBA is looking to fill some spots on the board - be a part of the solution!
Gramofsix

Midlothian, IL

#33 Jun 27, 2012
As a grandmother, I come out to support all 3 of my grandsons and truly enjoy watching them play. For the most part the coaches they've had have been great but I have seen some that weren't so great. And as the above poster says there are problems with any organization. My grandchildren love to play baseball and that has been nurtured by their coaches. I'm sure the kids won't remember overgrown fields or full garbage but I will say that I along with some other parents & grandparents that I've spoken to at games think it looks bad for the organization. Nevertheless, I do believe OFBA does run a good organization. My son & daughter-in-law have been happy with it so far.
Baseball Fan

Chicago, IL

#34 Jun 27, 2012
This is off topic, but something I do not understand is how there are elite teams for little kids. Kids should not be separated into talent levels when they are so young. Everyone should be in the same house league until they are old enough to determine who is talented and who is not. I think "traveling teams" for youngsters is a very bad thing for youth baseball. Let the kids play a little before you determine who is good.
Another Pinto Coach

United States

#35 Jun 28, 2012
Concerned parent wrote:
Ofba is a great organization! There are just a little to much politics going on at the pinto level! For heavens sake they are 7 and 8.Its pretty bad when someone is a manager and is a sore loser and he is in charge of umpires and then fixes the next game so that the team that beat him loses! Pretty sad!
This "conspiracy theory" is just sour grapes. The team that won this game pounded the ball all year and was the #2 playoff seed. I was there, and they EARNED the win. Rather than cry "fix", why not give credit to a better ballclub? Remember that you reap what you sow and KARMA has a funny way of evening things out.
Tom

Harvey, IL

#36 Jun 30, 2012
This is really funny. Get over yourselves people. This is kiddie baseball. Prime exapmle of fanatical parents and coaches ruining the game.
Tommy Two Toes

Chicago, IL

#37 Jul 2, 2012
Tom wrote:
This is really funny. Get over yourselves people. This is kiddie baseball. Prime exapmle of fanatical parents and coaches ruining the game.
EXACTLY!
Amused

Midlothian, IL

#38 Jul 3, 2012
Twin Ray wrote:
With OFBA, as with any organization, there are things that need to be fixed. It's not perfect - that is true. Garbage is sometimes overflowed. Fields at Scarlet are not perfect. But OFBA provides a QUALITY baseball program for the kids. We've been a part of this organization for 4 years and are VERY pleased with OFBA. Our sons' coaches have been great. They helped instill a love for baseball in our children. Ultimately, that is what I will remember - not overflowing garbage cans and overgrown fields. For those who are not satisified with the program, do something about it. OFBA is looking to fill some spots on the board - be a part of the solution!
Spoken like a board member...am I right????
Amused

Midlothian, IL

#39 Jul 3, 2012
Tom wrote:
So true-glad someone said it!
Amused

Midlothian, IL

#40 Jul 3, 2012
Tommy Two Toes wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Scarlet Oak does NOT belong to the OF Park District, its the property of Arbor Park School District.
The striping should be the responsibilty of the OFBA if they use that certain field.... Unless they are willing to pay to have the stripng done.
I really hope that don't pay to have the striping done as I would want my money back since it's rarely done. As far as Scarlet Oak field goes why is anyone even having games there? Those fields are horrible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Village Hall Painted 7 hr Trumbull 37
Angela-jacK Howser's Jury Trial ReinStated -Civ... Wed CU In Court 1
Bengals... Sep 17 TheTaxMan 7
Midlothian police Sep 13 COP 16
News Police: 7 Crete-Monee students charged with Bro... Sep 13 Uncle Cracker 1
Poll Will Rod Blagiovich be found guilty? (Dec '09) Sep 12 Concerned 4
News Papa's Pizza Closing After 40 Years in Business (Jun '12) Sep 11 OF Person 41

Chicago Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Heights Mortgages