Review: Dental Dreams
BAM

United States

#35 Nov 16, 2011
I currently work for Dental Dreams in Chicago Heights, and as far as the wait time I can tell u that there is a horrible wait time cuz their goal is to see 150 patients daily, the dentists are over worked, the staff is treated like children and scolded if the goal is not met, also we are told that we are a "dime a dozen" and is we do not meet the goal we can go else where. I have never had a job with such mistreatment, or harassment! But with this economy, I have to suck it up daily and do as told, even with the company policy of calling patients up to 9pm and being scolded by patients. The office manager is cold hearted and has noone to go home to, so sorry patients for the wait time and the 3xs a week phone harrassment.
Natalie Bell

Addison, IL

#38 Dec 5, 2011
Im sorry but you dont and I wasnt. I wish you the best and thank you.
Jamie hyde

Saint Louis, MO

#40 Dec 19, 2011
My kids has an appointment at five pm and here it is almost seven and nobody has been called ......can you say first time and last ......... They just keep saying y'all next then keeping it real and saying we over booked ...... And let me decide if i want to wait two hours .......
unknown

Fitchburg, MA

#41 Feb 16, 2012
Lies! I work At Dental dreams and WE DO NOT WIPE AND CLEAN the play area every night! maybe once a month! The employees are treated like shit and gets a shitty as pay!
dental nightmare wrote:
both of my last posts are about dental dreams in chgo hts.
unknown

Fitchburg, MA

#42 Feb 16, 2012
overall, It sucks!!!! not just one but ALL dental dreams! NOT all the staff but some front desk are hired off the street because dental dreams is too cheap to hire and pay someone a god amount. I would know because I was a dental assistant there for 2 years AND honestly some dentists there are also right out of school and don;t know shit! I would not let some of them come near my mouth. but on the other hand there are some good dentists there. The office is ran by poeple that don't know how to run a business. these people want your MONEY! they don't care about your health and you teeth. Every month every office is given a goal to meet....expample 150 patients a day! What the fuck,....the office is a factory! TAke it from me....Every one I know that works there agrees but what can we do we need a good too...when i worked there I tried my best to casre for patients- whatever it it DONT GO TO DENTAL DREAMS!!!!!!!!!!
Desiree

Silver Spring, MD

#43 Apr 17, 2012
I worked at a DD office in another state. And I made a lousy $9 and hour even though I had experience as an Assitant. Before I left, I finally made it to $11, but it still took 3 yrs. It is true, we work our asses off and so do the Dentists. We bitch all the time because our Dentists take too many brakes to go for coffee, so that they get a chance to recoup themsleves. We have had Dr.'s having affairs with each other that disrupt their professionalism in the office and disrespect us with their constant displays of affection. I know that somtimes the Dentists make bad judgement calls, they miss cavities and often prefer to send children to Pediatric offices so that they can get the work done without stressing kids out by putting them to sleep. Everyday a Dr. in our office has to make a decision as to whether or not they feel that they should pull a tooth there, one which may be still in the bone, or refer to the Oral Surgeon. I have seen alot in my time there. We try as much as possible to keep our work areas clean. But we are overbooked and it is done purposely to get the maximum amout of patients as possible in there. Atthe end of the day, we are exhausted, but we have to stay and clean the office, kitchen, bathrooms, the playroom is NEVER done, count instruments, wrap sensors, (xrays), run the vacumn and whatever else it takes. We just don;t get to leave at 6:30 or 7pm when the Dr's. are finally done, somedays we weren't out of there until 8pm. from 9:30am. Yes, I HATE the feeling that I work in a production line of people. But I know my patients by name and face. Even the most difficult of patients always receive my respect and attention. My co-workers, other assistants, change from time to time, but those that I have been with, are all professional in the way they talk with the patients. And, there are some patients who are just bitches themselves and feel they have the right to treat US anyway they feel like. Our Dr.;s get short tempered with us, don't take vacations because they say then production will fall and we won;t get our lousy $200 (before taxes) bonus.But we really don't care, we would not blame it on them anyway. BTW, the front desk girls get $1000. It's because they are more likely to get fired than an Assistant if they don't get the patients booked and some other things...their postions are more stressful. So if they seem bitchy, that could be because the MGR. just chewed them out. Of course, as I worked there, I had not seen any be fired from the office I was at. They keep raising the production goals, we no longer have Meicaid paying for Root canals, Deep cleaning, crowns, etc...for patients over the age of 21 and so now we have to push Care Credit cards at people. Our offices are centered towards the welfare patients, although we do take most other insurances as well. I tried every day to do the very best I could for people, and so did our dentists. Unfortunately, bad things happen. Nothing in life is foolproof, or for certain. I wish it were.
Turtle Guy

Homewood, IL

#44 Jun 13, 2012
I dun sat here and read all of these gosh darn comments, and thought this post was about Dental Dams! I'm like kids, no vagina... What??? No wonder why I'm peed' now! smmfh
mcgee

United States

#45 Jul 2, 2012
I have nothing good to say at this time! The last two visits there were inexcusable. F:irst appointment was at 3pm. I sat unril six and watched several people come in after me go before me! I left very heated! This next appointment was no different. I had a 4pm appointment and ended up leaving at 5:45pm...still not seen! I pay for these services and expect quality..I have yet to experience that at this office! I really don't expect to wait more than twenty minutes past my appointment time but two to three hours....UNBELIEVABLE!
madmomma

United States

#46 Aug 24, 2012
This place is a joke. My appointment was for 4:30 and it is past 6 o'clock. I will never be coming back. They book appointments even when they know they are over booked. Finding a new dentist ASAP.
Judy

Plainfield, IL

#47 Oct 18, 2012
dental nightmare wrote:
one dentist fills my childs tooth my child gets an infection go back a different dentist says the other dentist nicked a nerve when she filled that tooth sent me to an oral surgeon and that surgeon said there was a peice of food between the teeth removed it no problems since.never going there again
You sound like you are an employee. False review. This place is a dump!
anon

Tinley Park, IL

#48 Oct 18, 2012
A repeat customer wrote:
<quoted text>
The three of us were all seeing the same young guy. He was great. He left the office and went someplace else we were told. My wife and son seen another guy with no problems. I ended up seeing a female dentist, maybe the same female dentist you are referring to. She filled one of my teeth and it was not pleasant. I needed another tooth pulled and she said I needed to go see an oral surgeon, it was too hard for the office to handle. A month later I came in and seen the other guy dentist and he pulled it, no problem. I believe that you cannot judge a business by one employee, but if you choose to I can understand. To each their own.
"I SEEN"? You should say " I SAW"
anon

Tinley Park, IL

#49 Oct 18, 2012
Turtle Guy wrote:
I dun sat here and read all of these gosh darn comments, and thought this post was about Dental Dams! I'm like kids, no vagina... What??? No wonder why I'm peed' now! smmfh
"dun say here"? Where do you people learn to speak?
anon

Tinley Park, IL

#50 Oct 18, 2012
ROOT CANAL wrote:
I had a root canal at dental dreams in Blue Island. After 2 years, the root canal has come out and the hole in my mouth is inflammed. I am scared to go back there because the dentist told me he broke my tooth when he was doing the root canal. I only went there to have a tooth filled.
What went wrong? What happened to being able to trust the advice you get from your professional physicians! I have been to the doctor about flu like symptons and it wasn't the flu but I will go back to the ER and let them know what is going on in my mouth. Maybe then they will figure out what is going on with me.
Truly Disappointed and scared
Why in the WORld Would you go to the emergency room for a dental problem? Emergency rooms are for sick people, not people with dental problems. You could be taking up a doctor`a time that is needed for a heart attack emergency. Ridiculous to think the ER is for things line flu or sore throat or toothache! AND don't think the people working there don't think the same thing, because they do.
Former employee

Worth, IL

#51 Oct 20, 2012
THIS PLACE IS CORRUPTED!!! I never knew what i was getting into working here. Managers are horrible and always reprimanding employees in front of patients and others. Horrible institution to work in. Half the staff are newbies. All they care about is the money! You get in trouble if people walk out and have to overbook. We have like 10 appointments at the same time and skip over patients if we cant find their chart. This office is a mess and there is no proper training so no one knows what theyre doing.
Sha

Worth, IL

#52 Oct 20, 2012
BY FAR THE WORST DENTAL PLACE YOU CAN GO TO. THAT IS WHY THEY ARE SO CHEAP AND OFFER 50% OFF! Will never go there.
The Anger

Aurora, IL

#53 Dec 15, 2012
First time experiences are suppose to be great, right? Well not here!!! This place is the worst managed, inexperienced establishment I have ever been to. After waiting over a hour and a half to even be seen, I was taken to a room that wasn't even a room; there wasn't even a door, and the dentist even said it. She said she hated that there wasn't a door. I figured since waiting that long I might as well finish. An assistant came and did X-rays and then maybe twenty minutes later came back to put the neck cloth on. The dentist finally came about fifteen minutes after that. All she did was look in mouth and tell me I how I needed so much work to be done. She left because she had to help other assistants and dentist do their jobs. I over heard them talking about how a coworker left and there wasn't enough people to help. She lefte there for about fifteen minutes when the receptionist came and finished the job. After waiting forever just for some X-rays and hearing them talk about lunch I can't see myself going back to that place. The worst part was it was already two o'clock and they close at three on Saturday....and they had at least ten more patients to see. You do the math. I won't be visiting them ever again.
ms marie

United States

#55 Dec 17, 2012
I actually wanted to take my son here but after I seen all these crazy comments I think I'm better off doing my son teeth myself, if this place is this horrible they need to be shut down
Dana

Windham, NH

#56 Dec 18, 2012
I have my second interview (a Skype interview) with one of the owners for an office manager position at Dental Dreams coming up. Can anyone tell me what to expect? I'm a little nervous. Also, what should I ask for for a base salary? I dot want to undersell myself, nor do I want to scare them away. I have been unemployed for too long! This office is in Mass.
wouldnt you like to know

Union, NJ

#57 Feb 26, 2013
I AM AN EX EMPLOYEE. THIS PLACE IS TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!..HOW THIS PLACE WORKS IS CORPORATE SETS A DAILY AND MONTHLY PRODUCTION GOAL. SO IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS PRODUCTION GIAL THE OFFICE HAS TO SCHEDULE 150 PATIENTS A DAY..THEY FIGUR IF HALF OF THE 150 PATIENTS DO NOT SHOW UP THEY WILL STILL MAKE THEIR GOAL FOR THE DAY! THEY ARE SO BEHIND BECAUSE EACH PATIENT GET A 30 MIN TIME SLOT REGARDLESS ON THE PROCEEDURE...CLEANING 30 MIN..DEEP SCALE 30 MIN...CROWN PREP 30 MIN...MULTIPLE FILLING 30 MIN...AND SINCE THEY ARE ONLY GIVEN 30 MINS..THE MAKE THE NEXT PATIENT HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR APPT..THEY ALSO WANT THE DOCTORS(BLESS THEIR HEART) TO DO ALL THE WORK...NO MATTER WHAT. THE EMPLOYEES GET TALKED TO LIKE SHIT..TREATED LIKE SHIT..AND PAID LIKE SHIT! THERE IS NO REASON WHY A DENTAL ASSISTANT IS AT WORK AT A DENTAL OFFICE UNTIL 9 AND 10 AT NIGHT. THEY PLAY IS CLEAN NOT STERILIZED.IT ONLY GET VACUUMED AND HALF ASS WIPED DOWN WITH A CLOROX WIPE AND SPAYED WITH LYSOL UNTIL A LAYER OF THE OZONE IS GONE! AND WE ARE JUST TALKING ABOUT THE OUTSIDE NOT THE INSIDE WHERE THE KIDS ACTUALLY PLAY,PEE, AND SPIT UP! NOW HERE IS AN F.Y.I FOR THOSE WHO ARE AN ADULT ON PUBLIC AID WHO HAVE A DENTAL EMERGENCY..PUBLIC AID WILL PAY FOR AN EMERGANCY EXAM,AN XRAY, AND AN EXTRACTION BUT YOU HAVE TO GET THEM DONE THE SAME DAY OR WITH IN 7 DAYS IF YOU HAVE AN INFECTION. YOU WILL HAVE TO PRE PAY AN AMOUNT OF 47.50 BUT IT WILL BE REIMBURSED ONCE THE EXTRACTION HAS BEEN COMPLETE....NOW WHAT DENTAL DREAMS DOES IS IT DOES NOT INFORM YOU ABOUT THE 47.50 BECAUSE IT IS REFUNDABLE...THEY JUST TELL YOU ABOUT THE 48.00 WHICH INCLUDES AN EXAM AND MORE XRAYS AND A POLISH BUT THIS ISNT REFUNABLE.SO IF YOU HAVE PUBLIC AID AND COMR UN FOR A DENTAL EMETGENCY AND COME IN AND PAY THAT 48.00.THEY TAKE YOUR 48.00 KEEP IT..YOU GET AN EXAM, AN XRAY AND THEY SAY THEY WILL BILL PUBLIC AID FOR THE EXTRACTION WHICH THEY DO BUT THE ALSI BILL PUBLIC AID FOR THE EXAM AND THEXRAY YOU JUST PAID $48 FOR..SO THEY ARE GETTIN PAID TWICE FOR THE SAME PROCEDURE (SNEAKY BASTARDS).
former_employee

Chicago, IL

#58 Mar 21, 2013
dental dreams is a horrible place. i worked there for a year and i do not recommend at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You're an old time Riverdale/Dolton resident if... (Nov '09) 18 min emr 1,047
Village Hall Painted 5 hr LMAO 1
Non Compliant Stop Signs (Oct '11) 9 hr elle 15
Forest Preserve on Pulaski 10 hr Concerned 5
The Great Mayor Gonzalez 20 hr digger_70 2
Forest Park IL | Nasty 21 hr Toxic Nasty 1
Glenwood Academy - EEOC Investigation for Discr... (Jan '17) 22 hr Concerned Citizen 39

Chicago Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Heights Mortgages